Management Thread | Regular Season Edition

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Allvin/Rutherford not for a year or longer, Tocchet/Allvin is the reality now.

Tocchet wants players he can dominate.

How can anyone expect the same results of last year when the team changes 8 players.

Out are the Russians, Zadorov, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev and Podkolzin, defenceman Cole, forwards 24pt Lafferty and late pick up Lindholm

In are Debrusk, Sprong, Deharnais, Heinen, Raty and Forbort

ONE injured forward, Joshua ONE injured goalie, Demko but then Demko was injured for months last year.

Joshua might not be the same with all the treatments needed to fight a serious cancer, he could be out a long time.

For me there is no panic in this season because I think this season will be a repeat of 2016 after a surprising divisional winning 2015.

I listened to a radio show that stated 11 points for the month would be a good result, 11 points would be a disaster but now as the games are played 11 points might be good after all.

Cap management? Well almost 8 million is sitting out combined with the OEL buyout counted. OEL would look pretty good on this group right now his 7.25 mil could have easily fit and ended this year. Think of it Hughes - Hronek, Myers - OEL, Soucy - Forbort/Deharnais, IMO a better defence and 12 mil in cap space next year with JUST OEL coming off the books. Combine with the draft picks traded and suddenly Marner is affordable. Oh well, might as well post a different "what if" history is for learning so the same mistakes aren't repeated. Or for betting ;)

This is a Tocchet (Keenan) team. I do think EP's days are numbered under Tocchet.

So if it comes down to this Tocchet team.
Who goes Tocchet or EP? And Sprong and Deharnais and Karlsson and Willander and Lettermaki and all the other younger skill guys that aren't boards or strictly defence first guys?

IMO Tocchet's "vision" of a team player does not appear to have any flexibility, perfection is always desired but rarely achieved so that is when coaching comes in, form lines, strengths and weaknesses. Don't "force" players to conform to a "vision".

I noticed the Canucks don't have much of the dressing room stuff on Prime, none at all. And the behind the scenes stuff is missing if it was ever there. Didn't they used to have dressing room shots/clips before.

At a guess, as things stand now, they will get between 84 and 90 pts this year, they just don't have the goal scoring or defence depth even if Demko comes back for a few months. Maybe they are saving him until missing the playoffs is imminent before playing him due to an expected short shelf life.

cool

Reactions: Josepho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad