Prospect Info: Mads Sogaard, Goaltender, 37th Overall

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thought he may surprise and play well after a good outing Saturday night with Belleville.

He seemed off right away. He was just blocking the puck with no regard for rebound control. It was hitting him but he seemd afraid to make a proper save.

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
how can you be so big yet so small

I remember when we had Ben Bishop I kept wondering how a guy so tall kept getting beat up high. He was about 26 or 27 at that time, he turned out ok.

To be fair though, in 10 games with the Sens, his numbers were much better than Soogards.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
how can you be so big yet so small

He doesn’t have good hockey sense. He falls behind the play. And the team I. Front of him doesn’t play defence. Thomas Chabot is picking cherry’s right now on Sogaards front yard

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
5.00GAArd

GAA is goals against average... It writes itself

Tell me again why we didn’t claim either of the two goalies Boston waived again ?

Brandon Bussi - 0 Pro Career PIMs... He was getting PIMs in Junior and College but suddenly became soft when he turned pro. Bust

Jiri Patera - I'm not sure, had 6 PIMs in the AHL and 10 in the Czech league... maybe not enough for them.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The goal where he was trying to look around the screen but he looked so far right that he lost his net was like watching the goaltending embodiment of tragedy and comedy. I couldn't tell if I was laughing or crying.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I swear he's gotten worse each year.

His first training camp I liked his quick legs and found he looked big in net, now he seems hunched over on everything,looks small all the time...

I thought he looked more comfortable when watching him in Belleville but if he can't step up with pressure that's a big red flag imo, time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad