Confirmed with Link: MacLellan named GM, Trotz Head Coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, it would have been interesting if Tortz hadn't **** the bed with Radulov. Coulda brought him over probably for not much from the Predators. :/

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
This just in, BM announces he is happy with the d pairings from last year and they will be the same this year, LOL. New set of eyes my a$$.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Man, it would have been interesting if Tortz hadn't **** the bed with Radulov. Coulda brought him over probably for not much from the Predators. :/

Radu is on a long-term contract that will cost too much to buy himself out and his team will have no intention of lettng him go.

Tikhonov is a more interesting option.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Radu is on a long-term contract that will cost too much to buy himself out and his team will have no intention of lettng him go.

Tikhonov is a more interesting option.

In the KHL? I thought he still had an NHL contract or did his ELC run out his last year with them? It was more just the thought of being able to bring in another top 6er on the cheap, we have quite a few people that he'd be friendly with I do believe.

And who? Only Tikhonov I can find is a prospect for Pheonix.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Like most here, I don't know much about MacLellan, so I'll reserve judgment regarding him becoming the GM. Hopefully in six to seven weeks with the draft and free agency we'll have a better read on him and it's a positive one:crossfing

Trotz as coach I like.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yeah but we coulda kept him and traded Holtby for a 1st/bluechipper/etc.

we very likely could not have kept him. he was a ufa. it was his call. makes a little sense that his rights were traded because he said he wasn't staying. period. right? pretty sure there is no evidence that he was hot on the idea of staying. right?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
More than that, I think. The language of the TT seems to indicate a very, very strong desire to rely on prospects and a unified farm system based on that scouting. It suggests GMGM's recent scuttling of touted prospects did not sit well with Ted and DP. The Forsberg/Erat deal may have been the nail in the coffin.

If the Forsberg/Erat deal was the impetus behind picking BM, then I really am concerned about this hire. See, here is the thing. Leonsis and Patrick should be in no position whatsoever to have a vision for anything more specific than winning a Stanley Cup. There was nothing inherently wrong with GM trading Forsberg, it is the return he got for it that was the problem. Sure, they should be disgusted by that particular trade, but don't nix all prospect trades.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
If the Forsberg/Erat deal was the impetus behind picking BM, then I really am concerned about this hire. See, here is the thing. Leonsis and Patrick should be in no position whatsoever to have a vision for anything more specific than winning a Stanley Cup. There was nothing inherently wrong with GM trading Forsberg, it is the return he got for it that was the problem. Sure, they should be disgusted by that particular trade, but don't nix all prospect trades.

To be fair, that was a pretty terrible trade. No one has issues trading prospects, its when you trade them for nothing that issues arise. Ted seems to value development of players vs. bringing in stars, which I think is a great mindset to have it just bites them in the butt when they're a piece or 2 away.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Another worthwhile question to ask: is that policy staying intact? I would guess so. :shakehead

@TSNSimmer: Chris Patrick will be asst GM. Great guy. Jeff Harpern will follow. @washcaps

Getting Halpern involved...I like.

The Kundratek trade is inconsequential and more of an amateur scouting call. How will he improve them at center and defense is the question. Will he merely say that those positions are hard to find and pass the buck?

The goaltender market is terrible. Getting that kind of value back wasn't going to happen even if they wanted to make that move.

have no idea of that policy remains. I still ask the question as to what the policy is with the wiz?

Halpern. Former Cap blues, but you'd think he actually would be proper. Princeton. Home boy. Might make a lot of sense.

so...simpson....was he a former caps minor league goalie?

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Maybe Simpson thought GMBM was lazy because all he saw him doing was 'thinking" in his hammock?

I do like that Mahoney is still on board, and the names being floated for assistant and goalie coaches seem to work, though I would be happy if Olie stayed on as well.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So, listening to Tortz talk. Seems he likes Stats but isn't as gungho as I thought he'd be, but he's mentioning Corsi and the like and wants to use it but not as the defining aspect of the team.

Burakovsky95*

MacLellan thinks FA pool is shallow, won't be drastic right away unless something comes up that really improves the team, really excited about 5-6 young guys that he "cant wait for them to get up to speed at this level".

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
MacLellan thinks FA pool is shallow, won't be drastic right away unless something comes up that really improves the team, really excited about 5-6 young guys that he "cant wait for them to get up to speed at this level".

Sounds like someone is reading How to be a NHL GM for Dummies written by George McPhee. :help:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
It's not Gretzky & MacLean so...

le.jpg

Maybe Patrick thinks he DID hire Maclean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad