Confirmed with Link: MacLellan named GM, Trotz Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am bummed but not surprised.

I would wager BM is going to be gun shy to try significant roster trades. Or, as NBTW said, will not even have the power to do so.

I almost get the feeling BM was named because we had Trotz and everyone knew, and we didn't want to name a coach before GM. We didn't even talk to Shero. Trotz's ties to the Patrick family is the assurance of a GM he would work for. I would wager BM has no power at all. He does the legwork and presents to Dick, who makes all the decisions.

Pin this thread please. And for more than a few hours?

BigBucketHolly

Apr 12, 2009
Alex is handsome
I'm excited that we finally closed the deal with Trotz and I'm willing to give GMBM the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

One thing in MacLellan's favor is that he thinks outside the box. Unlike most executives he doesn't have a desk and chair in his office; he opted for a "business hammock" instead.

He believes that he gets his best ideas while relaxing in the prone position.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I'm excited that we finally closed the deal with Trotz and I'm willing to give GMBM the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

One thing in MacLellan's favor is that he thinks outside the box. Unlike most executives he doesn't have a desk and chair in his office; he opted for a "business hammock" instead.

Not sure if sarcasm, because I initially thought Simmer's tweets were sarcasm as well:help:

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Unless Holtby is total crap he's gonna make close to that much after this year while probably not being better. Holtby's fine and all, but you had an established starter who could have been signed while gaining extra assets. Those kinds of moves push teams forward.

4.5 million for a starter is nothing these days. Would have been one of the better contracts on the team.

The assets would have been really nice though given how the farm has been plundered lately.

You cant have it both ways....you say Holtby would be worth a significant amount in trade, but he is going to make close to 4.5 mil very soon while probably not being better than Halak, so why keep him

which is it?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

:laugh:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's not Gretzky & MacLean so...

le.jpg

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Wanted Trotz.

Holding my breath, lots of it, on Mac.

A dispassionate disciple of GMGM is literally the opposite of what this team needs.

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
I am bummed but not surprised.

I would wager BM is going to be gun shy to try significant roster trades. Or, as NBTW said, will not even have the power to do so.

I almost get the feeling BM was named because we had Trotz and everyone knew, and we didn't want to name a coach before GM. We didn't even talk to Shero. Trotz's ties to the Patrick family is the assurance of a GM he would work for. I would wager BM has no power at all. He does the legwork and presents to Dick, who makes all the decisions.

Pin this thread please. And for more than a few hours?

I don't care if this is true or not. I just love that the top result in google for "capitals gm business hammock" goes right to this post. ITS ON THE INTERNET!!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I can't help but deem this another ***** half-measure by the "leadership" of the Caps.

Particularly with vastly more impressive candidates on the market.

MyCapsCap

Apr 19, 2014

He is also known to keep sugar in his pockets and say "Get the hell outta here!" to his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad