MacFarland/Landeskog press conference

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Same goes for Mikko. I mean you can be hurt but not require surgery :dunno:

Yeah but if something is significant, it usually requires surgery.
Termination is not an option right now period. It only becomes an option at stage 4 or 5. So Val has to screw up one or two more times for termination to become an option.
It is an option (when out of stage 3) and CMac stated he’s basically violated his contract.

Stage 4 does not state anything about termination either.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
following along as y'all are so adamant about what vague statements mean when the Avs are masters at saying nothing is better than the presser.
I've been lax at keeping up the last couple weeks, so have they given clarity on
  1. have we found out what the date is that ends the 6 month suspension?
  2. when Ritchie is getting a deal (I assume since they mentioned training camp)
  3. any other likely ELCs signed
  4. Draft day plans

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I personally think the talk of termination is being blown out of proportion. CMac said many other things that did not correspond to termination. He was asked a pointed question about terminating and he responded to it. He also said they are exploring every single option available to them, which includes termination but also includes Val returning to the lineup.

He mentioned that its a privilege to play in the NHL, yes, but I didn't see that as a sign of termination, more of a direct call to Nuke to get his shit in order.

I guess we'll find out in the next 6 months which way this lands.

Reactions: pont and Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
following along as y'all are so adamant about what vague statements mean when the Avs are masters at saying nothing is better than the presser.
I've been lax at keeping up the last couple weeks, so have they given clarity on
  1. have we found out what the date is that ends the 6 month suspension?
  2. when Ritchie is getting a deal (I assume since they mentioned training camp)
  3. any other likely ELCs signed
  4. Draft day plans
CMac touched on most of that besides other elcs.

The most telling part was CMac directly saying that when a player signs a contract, there are things they need to adhere to. Thats pretty pointed.

Reactions: Murzu and AslanRH

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I mean, if you're completely incapable of reading between the lines or understanding tone/context, sure....

- Landy will be back
- Val will not be back
- They're going to do everything they can to bring Drouin back
- Cogs and JJ probably back if they want to play another year(We know JJ does).

He also made specific mention of utilizing the 10% buffer this summer. They'll have some room to do things with that buffer + Nuke not counting on the cap.

Cogs and JJ seem like good teammates who don't mind stepping back into healthy scratches if a younger guy steps up. If they're on league min deals and good mentors why not.

Particularly Cogs plays the right way. And JJ went from a high draft pick free wheeling terrible defensive player to a guy who sticks to the role of a physical low risk #6 guy.

Plenty of younger Avs could learn some good lessons on keeping it simple and just hustling out there.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Shoulder surgery for lehky and mitts injury
Was about to post the sarcastic “but what about makars surgery?!?” But then saw the inevitable below…

And then there is the Makar question mark? Are they going to wait another summer to see how his hip responds to rest? With the thought that if it doesn't work, you can strategically schedule a surgery? Or is this just how Makar is going to look now and the days of peak Makar are behind us?
Has it ever occurred that maybe, just maaaayyybbbee he was healthy for the majority of the season and players have ups/downs in their seasons? The dude was still a top three defenceman in the NHL this season, playing top minutes throughout the NHL…. He did everything offensively that we’ve always seen and made a bunch of poor decisions in his own end, mental errors not physical. If he cleans that up he still has more to give, if not we merely have a top defenceman in the NHL.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Basically the summation on the press conference is simple, we're f***ed and we don't know what to do about it.

We are completely screwed.

Landy still big question mark to even play but of course he is going to try so it completely handcuffs us, no surprises there. Can't wait for the inevitable we'll it's just not getting better and Gabe can't play presser come early December. I'll say the hard part out loud since no else wants to. What he's doing is incredibly selfish, I get he wants to play, but with no guarantees he can he's completely f***ing us. You either can or you can't, this ambiguous maybe is not good enough. We are literally throwing away the prime of 29 and 8 on a hope that maybe he can play at some point. Sucks, I feel bad for Gabe and want him to play but I feel worse for 29 and 8 who are elite players in their prime and are watching this unfold and not getting proper help to make up runs.

Nuke continues to f*** us, with no foreseeable options. Glad coke was more important than your team. I really hope to never see him in an Avs jersey again. Completely unacceptable.

Lehk probably doesn't start the year. Sucks. Can't wait to see how shitty the day 1 roster is.

We are going to bring back crap vets that provide literal nothing, except been older, slower, and crappier than last year. A younger prospect could easily fill those two players (Cogs and JMFJ) slots. And quite frankly it's better for the team to get younger players in here.

No Drouin, f*** me. Got love us not even trying to get him signed so that it makes our franchise player happy. Why would we want to try and make 29 happy? f***ing dumbass shit right there, you do whatever it takes to get Drouin back and make 29 happy. There are multiple trade avenues that could make it work.

Well here's to a shitty summer, and us competing for the #1 pick next year because that's where we are headed. With a shit roster and broken hopes it's just the most likely scenario. Hopefully there is a good player to be had at the top of next year's draft.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Basically the summation on the press conference is simple, we're f***ed and we don't know what to do about it.

Landy still big question mark to even play but of course he is going to try so it completely handcuffs us, no surprises there. Can't wait for the inevitable we'll it's just not getting better and Gabe can't play presser come early December. I'll say the hard part out loud since no else wants to. What he's doing is incredibly selfish, I get he wants to play, but with no guarantees he can he's completely f***ing us. You either can or you can't, this ambiguous maybe is not good enough. We are literally throwing away the prime of 29 and 8 on a hope that maybe he can play at some point. Sucks, I feel bad for Gabe and want him to play but I feel worse for 29 and 8 who are elite players in their prime and are watching this unfold and not getting proper help to make up runs.

Nuke continues to f*** us, with no foreseeable options. Glad coke was more important than your team. I really hope to never see him in an Avs jersey again. Completely unacceptable.

Lehk probably doesn't start the year. Sucks. Can't wait to see how shitty the day 1 roster is.

We are going to bring back crap vets that provide literal nothing, except been older, slower, and crappier than last year. A younger prospect could easily fill those two players (Cogs and JMFJ) slots. And quite frankly it's better for the team to get younger players in here.

No Drouin, f*** me. Got love us not even trying to get him signed so that it makes our franchise player happy. Why would we want to try and make 29 happy? f***ing dumbass shit right there, you do whatever it takes to get Drouin back and make 29 happy. There are multiple trade avenues that could make it work.

Well here's to a shitty summer, and us competing for the #1 pick next year because that's where we are headed. With a shit roster and broken hopes it's just the most likely scenario. Hopefully there is a good player to be had at the top of next year's draft.
This is you.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

5bdead4c-990a-4921-a910-b87462254930_text.gif

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

It’s not all doom and gloom, remember, we did get a migical cup run out of it. We have good pro scouts with a proven track record and still have Mack and Mak. It’s gonna be tough to come out of it looking like roses but they should still be a top team next year and anything can happen when you get to the dance….

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Now we're on the trolley. Tear it down.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
It’s not all doom and gloom, remember, we did get a migical cup run out of it. We have good pro scouts with a proven track record and still have Mack and Mak. It’s gonna be tough to come out of it looking like roses but they should still be a top team next year and anything can happen when you get to the dance….
That's the disappointment after having seen a young team on the rise come together for a cup win. You know it goes downhill from there.

And once you've seen that winner you can see from things like the 2023 roster or the 2024 roster with Parise on the second line and Toews brain turned into mush that the team just ain't it.

Fans from teams that haven't seen anything resembling success recently still have hope that their very middling team can win it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

It’s not finishing as a lottery team bad. It’s just a lot of question marks going into next year. More so than probably prior years

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
That's the disappointment after having seen a young team on the rise come together for a cup win. You know it goes downhill from there.

And once you've seen that winner you can see from things like the 2023 roster or the 2024 roster with Parise on the second line and Toews brain turned into mush that the team just ain't it.

Fans from teams that haven't seen anything resembling success recently still have hope that their very middling team can win it.
I am bitter with how the real high end chance of winning has come to a close: LTIR with Landy, nuke, flat cap all came at the same time and there was no way to see the storm coming. Leaves a lot of what-ifs and that’s what’s the worst to me. But in hindsight they did get it done and it was a blast watching them accomplish their goal.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Why do you want Philly to get a good player with our pick? :D

I actually forgotten how that trade worked and if it was this year's first or next and if it was lottery protected.

But the chaos would be delightful if Cmac gave up a lottery pick to dump Ryjo and rent a #5 dman for a month.

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
It's really going to be the Wood - Mittelstadt - LOC 2nd line isn't it.
3rd line

This was always the case, it's a first for a hockey player this surgery. The fact that the rehab has been progressing well and no set backs, should tell you we are well on our way for Landy to return.

CMac said termination is not an option at this point. The very fact that they talked about terminating that deal in such a way should tell you something. Also, Landy didn't sound overly supportive for Nuke, more along the lines of how he felt disappointed and crushed for the other players. "We'll see", if Nuke is able to come back to that locker room.

Well this is just a straight up fact. What most makes sense for both parties (if he wants to remain as an Av) is to sign another 1 year deal at smallish money, and hope that he will put up a monster season next to MacKinnon, then cash in next summer.
Sounds to me like they just want Nuke to get serious and prove trust in the next 6 months.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad