MacFarland/Landeskog press conference

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Not feeling sorry for Nuke I guess (or rather, the team was on his mind first not the individual)? I'm not watching so if he said something along those lines then sorry

He started with a statement about Nuke, but the tone really seemed like his feelings were more about the team.

MacFarland started his piece by we have to look at all options and then it was plausible he comes back. CMac also was clear that 'at this time termination is not an option.' Then went into a talk about how it is a privilege to play in the league and when you sign there are certain things to adhere to. They are laying a foundation.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He looks different. Body double???
Am I crazy for saying he gives me Colin Wilson vibes on that pic?

Nichushkin is so coming back
Nah, MacFarland is just saying what he can say at this point. They can't do anything about the contract now, so why say anything different. In reality, when November comes:
1.jpg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I dunno. Reading between the lines, they said A LOT about the Val situation quite frankly.

"Very disappointing phone call" as CMac put it, "Number 1 thought was that I felt so bad for the guys in that dressing room" from Landy.

Not one mention about Nichushkin being back with the team in the future.

Pretty big stuff IMO.
Cmac did say Nuke being back next year is plausible. But overall reading between the lines they clearly are going to try and move on from Nuke. Especially the "its a privilege to play in the NHL" and "when you sign the contract you have certain things to adhere to" lines.

Reactions: The Moops

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
CMac: "[Landy] has earned the right to have as much time as it takes to get back on the ice".

Should put to rest any thought that the team are considering moving on from him.

Landy said he has felt good now for 2 straight months without any setbacks, minor or major.

Reactions: Avs91

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Cmac did say Nuke being back next year is plausible. But overall reading between the lines they clearly are going to try and move on from Nuke. Especially the "its a privilege to play in the NHL" and "when you sign the contract you have certain things to adhere to" lines.

"AT. THIS. POINT"

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
CMac's exact words on Nuke were "At this time priority 1 is for Val to get the help he needs and assuming he does ... it is very plausible that he will back with the Avalanche"

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sure sounds like Nuke’s gonna be back.
Funny, because I took all that totally different. CMac was speaking like a lawyer, but alluding a lot that they are trying to terminate his deal. Landy sounds like the guys are not really enthusiastic about the prospect of him walking back to that room.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Funny, because I took all that totally different. CMac was speaking like a lawyer, but alluding a lot that they are trying to terminate his deal. Landy sounds like the guys are not really enthusiastic about the prospect of him walking back to that room.
Nor should they be, tbh.

It's happened 2 consecutive years now in the postseason, not to mention the stint in the middle of year. But for it to happen again this year, given how often the games were played, it would basically mean that he was consuming, at best, the day before games, and at worst the day/morning of games.

It's just inexcusable.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He started with a statement about Nuke, but the tone really seemed like his feelings were more about the team.

MacFarland started his piece by we have to look at all options and then it was plausible he comes back. CMac also was clear that 'at this time termination is not an option.' Then went into a talk about how it is a privilege to play in the league and when you sign there are certain things to adhere to. They are laying a foundation.
Yup. He’s gone, avs have all the dirt.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I took it as they want Val to get his shit right, and if he does he'll likely come back. But if he doesn't, they will explore whatever avenues are available to them.
CMac was pretty clear on it being a privilege and signing the contract means he has to adhere to it. They are mostly certainly looking into termination.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Like they obviously want to make it work but I doubt we will over pay for him like other teams will
If Drouin wants a multi-year contract this offseason, that's not happening here.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I'd say it's 95% Nichushkin is gonzo.

Avalanche lawyers are/will be working with NHL, NHLPA and Nuke's agents on a resolution that ends the relationship and clarifies the salary cap repercussions with the league. CMac obviously met with Kroenke's lawyers and was told how to respond.

Reactions: Linds

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
CMac was pretty clear on it being a privilege and signing the contract means he has to adhere to it. They are mostly certainly looking into termination.
Yes he said that, but he also said numerous times that if he gets his shit right they would expect him back. He commented numerous times on how hes a big piece of the on ice puzzle and a heck of a hockey player. I am 100% sure they are considering termination, but it didn't sound like they were leaning that way. They are considering everything.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad