LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Kane scored almost 40 points than Hall in the OHL. He also played on a pretty good Blackhawks team.
I don't think Hall will get 60.

Corey Locke scored 53 more points than Eric Staal in the OHL in their draft year. I fail to see how that means anything. That year's version of the Hawks wasn't that good either. They didn't make the playoffs. IMO if Hall plays with Gagner and Hemsky that is - at worst - the equivalent (offensively) as a rookie Toews and Sharp.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
On a line of Hall-Gagner-Hemsky, I think Hall could put up 55+ points playing with two good playmakers.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Kane scored almost 40 points than Hall in the OHL. He also played on a pretty good Blackhawks team.
Kane also played for the London Knights. That team was all offense, all the time. Sam Gagner scored 118 points that season. Sergie Kostitsyn had 131. A couple seasons before Rob Schremp had 145 and David Bolland had 130. In Tavares last season in junior he was on pace for 45 goals and 95 point pace when playing with the Oshawa Generals. When he was traded to the Knights he played at a 75 goal and 117 point pace.

Stamkos had 104 points. Is Kane better than him?

Basically you should always subtract 30 points from a player that plays on the top line in London. It doesn't matter if the game 9-1 and they're on a 5 on 3. The Knights will send out their top players to play the entire powerplay.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I'm sure he'll be playing with Kadri, so probably about 90pts.
Yes, I am kidding(yet still desperately hoping)
probably 25goals-25 assists, or something in that range. Though I really think once he has a year to adjust to the NHL, he will bust out.
Second year, maybe even 35-40 goals.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
On a line of Hall-Gagner-Hemsky, I think Hall could put up 55+ points playing with two good playmakers.
If Horcoff can score 21 goals in 53 games thanks to Hemsky's cross ice pass on the poweplay, Hall can score 30.

I'm not expecting him to score 30 goals but I wouldn't be shocked either. On the powerplay in Windsor he set up exactly where the Oilers always put Horcoff. There would very little adjusting to Hall since that's already his "office".

JUICE9

Sep 1, 2009
If Horcoff can score 21 goals in 53 games thanks to Hemsky's cross ice pass on the poweplay, Hall can score 30.

I'm not expecting him to score 30 goals but I wouldn't be shocked either. On the powerplay in Windsor he set up exactly where the Oilers always put Horcoff. There would very little adjusting to Hall since that's already his "office".

I agree, i think 32g 38a 70pts

scott99

May 13, 2005
Based on talent alone, I would not be shocked if he scores 30 goals as a rookie, add 30 assists, and it could easily be a 30-30-60 type of season. Now, there is always the learning curve, injuries, slumps, etc. I think he finishes between 50 and 60 points. He's gonna be a stud, I think he scores 40-50 goals a year on a regular basis starting his 3rd season.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Kane also played for the London Knights. That team was all offense, all the time. Sam Gagner scored 118 points that season. Sergie Kostitsyn had 131. A couple seasons before Rob Schremp had 145 and David Bolland had 130. In Tavares last season in junior he was on pace for 45 goals and 95 point pace when playing with the Oshawa Generals. When he was traded to the Knights he played at a 75 goal and 117 point pace.

Basically you should always subtract 30 points from a player that plays on the top line in London. It doesn't matter if the game 9-1 and they're on a 5 on 3. The Knights will send out their top players to play the entire powerplay.

Uhhhhhh...maybe? :dunno:

GreyEagle14

Jun 18, 2010

It's debatable now (although I go Stamkos all the way), but in their rookie seasons, undeniably Patrick Kane was better. He was an unreal rookie putting up 72 points on a non-playoff Chicago team.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
Kane scored almost 40 points more than Hall in the OHL. He also played on a pretty good Blackhawks team.

Couldn't have said it any better Wheatking. I can't stand these people who don't watch any CHL hockey and use final point totals to come to their conclusions.

I'm expecting 60-70pts. He might actually even get more ice time in Edmonton than he did in Windsor. In all likelyhood they don't role 4 lines through the regular season like Windsor did last year.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
Hall's gonna need some miracles to get to 70 points.

Let's keep things realistic okay, 70 points for a rookie is extremely difficult. Let's not forget that Hall's offensive style will not work nearly as well until he adds strength and weight of his own to compete against grown men. Anyone thinking 60+ points is gonna be disappointed.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Couldn't have said it any better Wheatking. I can't stand these people who don't watch any CHL hockey and use final point totals to come to their conclusions.

I'm expecting 60-70pts. He might actually even get more ice time in Edmonton than he did in Windsor. In all likelyhood they don't role 4 lines through the regular season like Windsor did last year.

OH NOES YOU CANT STAND ME!

How many players scored 70 points on the Oilers last year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none. I know Hemsky was injured.
I doubt Hall will prove to be the second best offensive player in his 1st year.
I think he will have a Gagner-like rookie season. Around 50 points that is.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
OH NOES YOU CANT STAND ME!

How many players scored 70 points on the Oilers last year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none. I know Hemsky was injured.
I doubt Hall will prove to be the second best offensive player in his 1st year.
I think he will have a Gagner-like rookie season. Around 50 points that is.

How about Tavares/Duchene/Kane/Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin. All top offesive players for their teams in their rookie seasons. Heck even Stamkos was only behind Vinny/Marty. Doughty was also the second highest scoring defensman on his team.

To suggest Hall wouldn't be the second best offensive player on the Oilers is laughable.

Hall>>>Gagner. Anyone who has watched OHL hockey the past few years will tell you this without a doubt.

The year before Kane scored 72pts as a rookie Chicago's leading scorer was Martin Havlat with 57pts. So you theory goes straight out the window there.

Hall IMO is more NHL ready than Tavares/Duchene/Stamkos IMO. His speed and conditioning are phenominal and with back to back Memorial Cup runs under his belt he will not likely hit the rookie wall like many others.

Canadiens93

May 6, 2010
Kane scored almost 40 points more than Hall in the OHL. He also played on a pretty good Blackhawks team.
A Blackhawk's team that missed the playoffs and the next leading scorer (Patrick Sharp) had 62 points. I believe Hall can hit 60+ points next year though but I wouldn't give him much more than that. I also think he is better than Duchene, his skating is on par if not better and he just has a better sense of how to put the puck in the net. If he's on the top line and powerplay in Edmonton or Boston next year I expect pretty decent numbers because he's ready for the jump.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Do you honestly believe that Hall is better than Duchene?

What? Obviously he is.

But the facts are simple...Duchene wasn't playing in the spotlight and had many pieces to work with. The Oilers are a worse team than the Avs and Hall won't have as many players to rely on.

But if Hall is so much better than Duchene, than I would still expect him to outscore Duchene from this year.

HemskyToHall*

Hemsky finally gets to play with a goal scorer, I wouldn't be schocked if Hall nets 30+ Goals/70 Points and Hemsky with 80 points.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006

Kane and Tavares were out there for every offensive situation. I don't think they even cared about the scoring race in Windsor...at least not as much as they did in Plymouth. Hall was pretty much stapled to the bench in the 3rd period of their 2nd last game of the season because they were saving him for the playoffs...and he didn't even play the last game of the season. Windsor rolled all 4 lines. If they wanted Hall to put up insane numbers, Boughner could have made it happen.

John Tavares' draft year:

56GP 58G goals 104 Points
Check out my post earlier. The "London Knights" factor played into Tavares point totals. When he was with the Generals he was on pace for 45 goals and 94 point. He went to the Knights and played at a 75 goal/117 point pace. His stats in Oshawa are probably a better indicator of where he was in his final year of junior since players are always inflated once they go to London. Don't tell that to Leafs fans and Kadri though :sarcasm: Just joking.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Check out my post earlier. The "London Knights" factor played into Tavares point totals. When he was with the Generals he was on pace for 45 goals and 94 point. He went to the Knights and played at a 75 goal/117 point pace. His stats in Oshawa are probably a better indicator of where he was in his final year of junior since players are always inflated once they go to London. Don't tell that to Leafs fans and Kadri though Just joking.

True, although Tavares' best goal scoring year when he was 15 still blows both Duchene and Hall out of the water. Its not the numbers in junior that matters, its their skill set and even more importantly their club's development program that matters.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
True, although Tavares' best goal scoring year when he was 15 still blows both Duchene and Hall out of the water. Its not the numbers in junior that matters, its their skill set and even more importantly their club's development program that matters.
That's what I'm saying. Tavares played in all offensive situations while Duchene played on the 2nd line behind Cody Hodgson's line. Two completely different situations that lead to completely different point totals...but they get to the NHL and put up almost identical statistics.

That was my original point. The fact that Stamkos, Tavares, Hall and Seguin all point up just a little over 100 points while Kane had 145 points just proves that stats shouldn't be the end all, be all of the debate...especially when the London Knights are involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad