LW Roby Järventie - Belleville Senators, AHL (2020, 33rd, OTT, traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Night and day compared to the last wjc appearance. He has gained a lot more mass and this has shaped his puckhandling and -protection game to a lot more physical level. He has some elements that reminds me of Jagr even. Very heavy looking one timer slapshots also, he really gets the mass behind that shot.

I hope he keeps on progressing, I'll bet his floor is Joel Armia and ceiling is peak Radulov.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Night and day compared to the last wjc appearance. He has gained a lot more mass and this has shaped his puckhandling and -protection game to a lot more physical level. He has some elements that reminds me of Jagr even. Very heavy looking one timer slapshots also, he really gets the mass behind that shot.

I hope he keeps on progressing, I'll bet his floor is Joel Armia and ceiling is peak Radulov.
His floor is top 6 non-NHL pro and I think his ceiling is closer to secondary-peak Radulov, but somewhere between Armia & pre-KHL Radulov seems realistic.

Reactions: Ippenator

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I'm very interested to see how Järventie pans out. I think he has the size, athleticism and skill to be a quite good NHL player. If you're very optimistic, you would hope that he follows a similar development curve to Roope Hintz.
Roope Hintz is a better skater and plays a lot harder than Jarvente

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hintz have the same negative things said about him as Järventie? I never watched Hintz play in Liiga, but I remember some HIFK fans say negative things about him. I looked at an old thread on Jatkoaika, and some HIFK fans there talking about Hintz being "flegmatic". I do remember that Hintz didn't look like anything special when he played at 2016 WJC. In his best season in Liiga, Hintz scored 30 points in 44 games, and first season in AHL scored 35 points in 70 games. Not very impressive, and you wouldn't believe that he would become a high scoring NHL player based on those point totals.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hintz have the same negative things said about him as Järventie? I never watched Hintz play in Liiga, but I remember some HIFK fans say negative things about him. I looked at an old thread on Jatkoaika, and some HIFK fans there talking about Hintz being "flegmatic". I do remember that Hintz didn't look like anything special when he played at 2016 WJC. In his best season in Liiga, Hintz scored 30 points in 44 games, and first season in AHL scored 35 points in 70 games. Not very impressive, and you wouldn't believe that he would become a high scoring NHL player based on those point totals.
I didn't watch Hintz alot as a prospect so it's hard to say. But I think one of his biggest strengths is Jarventies biggest weakness. Hintz's motor and willingness to compete for pucks is very elite. Jarventie has all the tools but I am not sure about both his motor and his compete. If he puts that together he should be a heck of a player.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I didn't watch Hintz alot as a prospect so it's hard to say. But I think one of his biggest strengths is Jarventies biggest weakness. Hintz's motor and willingness to compete for pucks is very elite. Jarventie has all the tools but I am not sure about both his motor and his compete. If he puts that together he should be a heck of a player.
Yes, but was Hintz's motor elite when he played in Liiga?

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
That was his weakness when he was in HIFK. Never seen such a change in compete level.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Yes, but was Hintz's motor elite when he played in Liiga?

His skating was elite but not his compete level. Still he showed much more promise that Järventie ever did in Liiga.

Reactions: bert and Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

His skating was elite but not his compete level. Still he showed much more promise that Järventie ever did in Liiga.
But Hintz played 3 seasons in Liiga and Järventie only 1. Hintz was also older player for his draft class than Järventie.
How does the comparison look if you compare Hintz's draft year to Järventie's draft+1 year?

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Roope Hintz is a better skater and plays a lot harder than Jarvente
Sure right now, but when he was 19 like Järventie is now, Hintz definitely wasn’t anything like he is today. His development has been very good and steady. Of course it’s unlikely that Järventie will have exactly that kind of development. But it’s still worth of pointing out that their differences as 19 year olds wasn’t even close to what you seem to think.

Nope, not even the skating was exactly elite. It was promising for sure, but definitely not elite.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I wouldn't bet on Järventie becoming anything like Hintz. I don't think we have even seen the best of Hintz yet so the bar is very high. Hintz plays in a more demanding role and he's more versatile player. I just don't see Järventie becoming anything like that. That doesn't mean that Järventie couldn't be a solid NHL player. I think he has 40-50 points per season potential.

It was cool to see Järventie perform as good as he did in the U20 tournament and he almost scored at a 0,5 PPG pace in the AHL as 19 year old. He's progressing and that's the most important thing. Next season I expect Järventie to score over 0,5 PPG pace in the AHL and maybe get a game or two with Ottawa. I just want to see progress from him, more goals and more points.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I wouldn't bet on Järventie becoming anything like Hintz. I don't think we have even seen the best of Hintz yet so the bar is very high. Hintz plays in a more demanding role and he's more versatile player. I just don't see Järventie becoming anything like that. That doesn't mean that Järventie couldn't be a solid NHL player. I think he has 40-50 points per season potential.

It was cool to see Järventie perform as good as he did in the U20 tournament and he almost scored at a 0,5 PPG pace in the AHL as 19 year old. He's progressing and that's the most important thing. Next season I expect Järventie to score over 0,5 PPG pace in the AHL and maybe get a game or two with Ottawa. I just want to see progress from him, more goals and more points.
Honestly Järventie as an 19 year old in the U20 WJC tournament compared to Hintz as a 19 year old, it definitely turns to Järventie being the better player in the respective tournament. Sure, Hintz has had crazy development after that, but if it was possible for Hintz to get that kind of development, it is wrong to say that Järventie absolutely couldn’t do something like that too. After all he has just been better than Hintz as a 19 year old. Järventie definitely has the tools and he can probably develop them a lot as well. I wouldn’t really write anything out yet - especially as he has clearly taken already great development steps since his previous full U20 tournament. Claiming that he will be as good as Hintz at some point or that he definitely can’t have similar development, are both in fact things that shouldn’t be claimed at the moment.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
12 goals, 14 points in his last 14 games in the AHL
6 game point streak, 4 game goal streak, 5 goals in his last 6.

Would be great if Senators could call him up.

14 goals, 6 assists, 20 points in 30 games this season.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
12 goals, 14 points in his last 14 games in the AHL
6 game point streak, 4 game goal streak, 5 goals in his last 6.

Would be great if Senators could call him up.

14 goals, 6 assists, 20 points in 30 games this season.
Why Ottawa Senators should call up Roby Järventie in the middle of playoff hunt?
What that special skill and quality is what Järventie brings and what Senators do not have already.
You're absolutely delusional and totally out of lunch if you seriously post that shit.

Järventie hasn't proved by any way to being ready to getting his debut to NHL.
You already suggested that Jukka Jalonen should take Järventie to IIHF worlds this year
just because Järventie is Tampere native and IIHF worlds are in Tampere and Riga.

Get some brains and sens and WAKE UP to reality before you come post / troll that shit any further.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why Ottawa Senators should call up Roby Järventie in the middle of playoff hunt?
What that special skill and quality is what Järventie brings and what Senators do not have already.
You're absolutely delusional and totally out of lunch if you seriously post that shit.

Järventie hasn't proved by any way to being ready to getting his debut to NHL.
You already suggested that Jukka Jalonen should take Järventie to IIHF worlds this year
just because Järventie is Tampere native and IIHF worlds are in Tampere and Riga.

Get some brains and sens and WAKE UP to reality before you come post / troll that shit any further.

They are 7 points out of a playoff spot.

Hardly a playoff race given how few games are left and how many teams are between Ottawa and playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad