LW Quentin Musty - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2023, 26th, SJS)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Was first publicly stated by Jeff Marek....... where do you think he gets his information from. Jeeze, that's day one stuff.

Wolves simply responsed publicly later.
Marek caught a whiff of the situation so what? Do you not think the agent communicated the desire to play for another team to the Wolves?

It’s likely that someone in the wolves or sharks organization leaked it to marek. That’s day one stuff. Don’t think Quinton Musty is buddy buddy with marek so therefore it got leaked.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
If Sudbury lets Musty sit out for three months, they've tanked his value. If an offer was coming that they were willing to accept already was on the table, they'd have taken it. Offers are only going to be worse as this goes on. This feels spiteful.

Lose-lose-lose for Musty, Sudbury, and the Sharks.
Let’s say for example no team as of today as actually put an offer in? Remember some OHL players have no trade clauses and can reject a trade to Sudbury, as well as 08 1st round picks can’t be traded right now. There’s probably 3-4 teams max right now where it makes sense to add him, London, Erie, Niagara and Brampton. What’s Papineau supposed to do if he’s getting nothing or straight up bush league offers? Just trade him for nothing? Sitting out here is not ideal, but it won’t kill him or disrupt his development. He’ll likely be dealt in the next 2 weeks anyways. If he had told Sudbury earlier and they did nothing with the info or called his bluff, different story, but if they found out when we did or around then, it’s fair that it isn’t done yet IMO.

From article posted it sounds like Grier is losing patience with Mustys agent.

Not at all surprising considering they went about this trade request completely wrong.

Make it PRIVATELY known you'd like to be moved, come back, work ON YOUR game as stated by SJ staff and be professional.
Did they wait until a few weeks ago to notify Sudbury he wanted out? They aren’t a terrible team, I bet they expected him back until atleast November or so. It’s his agents fault if he didn’t declare their intentions sooner, not sudbury.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Did they wait until a few weeks ago to notify Sudbury he wanted out? They aren’t a terrible team, I bet they expected him back until atleast November or so. It’s his agents fault if he didn’t declare their intentions sooner, not sudbury.
He attended Sudbury orientation camp, played an exhibition game before heading to SJ camp, and all seemed well. He was even given assistant captain.

This all came out after he was sent back by the Sharks to the OHL and he simply went home instead of reporting. Then the trade request came out.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Marek caught a whiff of the situation so what? Do you not think the agent communicated the desire to play for another team to the Wolves?

It’s likely that someone in the wolves or sharks organization leaked it to marek. That’s day one stuff. Don’t think Quinton Musty is buddy buddy with marek so therefore it got leaked.
Caught a whiff? You mean given a story lol

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
He attended Sudbury orientation camp, played an exhibition game before heading to SJ camp, and all seemed well. He was even given assistant captain.

This all came out after he was sent back by the Sharks to the OHL and he simply went home instead of reporting. Then the trade request came out.
Right right, I forgot that. Even watched a pre season game with him in it, that’s bad on my part… so it’s new. I dont blame Papineau and their staff for taking their time to get the right return. Or he comes back for a stint.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They’d get more in return for a full season or 4/5ths of a season rather than half the year. Also hurts their brand when a big name player like this wants out and they aren’t trading him. Other players will take notice not to mention it’s way up north where people probably already don’t want to go and they’re one of a few OHL teams without a championship I believe
Who cares about how many championships they have won. If they think they are a contender they are in a tough position. They will want an equivalent player and they won't get that. I guess the best thing to do is trade him for a boatload of draft picks and trade them to a rebuilding team for a player or 2.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There's an unspoken rule in the CHL that as a GM you don't play chicken with players that ask for trades. You move them and move on. No one's ever won by being willfully difficult about the request.
They ultimately know that treating players like chattel because they signed "contracts" is just a bad look overall, leads to more kids going a route that offers them more direct control (Tender -> NCAA, where you can just throw your name in the portal for any reason or no reason at all). At the end of the day, Musty isn't hurt at all. He's not losing out on earning a contract worth millions of dollars, he's already drafted and signed to an ELC, San Jose isn't going to just bury a 1st round pick to the shadow realm. He's not playing in games... but ok? I'm sure he's still training with his personal coaches and will be ready to play whenever that will be. His Junior Eligibility expires soon anyways. Sudbury just needs to bite a bullet and get a trade done. They probably thought they could bully the kid into coming back but he's not that interested.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad