LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
There were tons of people that have called him a bust because he got sent to the AHL at 20. Just because you never noticed something doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was not an uncommon opinion before he started performing on the stat sheet the way he was preforming on the ice

show me tons of people. Show me. I see "purity" the poster who nobody actually cares what he says because its makes no sense. Laine won't score on the road so hes a bust. dude actually said that. Other than that I see one other person almost ask "is he a bust" and thats it. thats literally it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have already been confirmed correct of my evaluation of him being overrated last season, I don't need any more confirmation. I like to follow NCAA prospects.

I just think it's funny how people overly prop up their prospects, they don't perform to said insane level next season, and then people call them out on it, and now those people that actually say something, are now haters.

Also: if you follow my posts on him, you'll see I only called him overrated. I also said that he will be a solid NHLer that has great speed and good hands and a solid shot. Never called him a bust, just overrated.

Last edited:

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I have already been confirmed correct of my evaluation of him being overrated last season, I don't need any more confirmation. I like to follow NCAA prospects.

I just think it's funny how people overly prop up their prospects, they don't perform to said insane level next season, and then people call them out on it, and now those people that actually say something, are now haters.
are you really gonna use the fact he didn't explode out of the gate in his first pro season to confirm that he's overrated though? he's easily being underrated now if anything because of it. let's see how he turns out now that he's clearly adapted to playing against men. his potential is still the same.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Did you see the levels he was put next to???? after last season??? Of course he was overrated! its already been confirmed!

that does not mean he is going to be a bust, he's probably going to be a solid to good NHLer, maybe better. But he was overrated last season, without a doubt.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
show me tons of people. Show me. I see "purity" the poster who nobody actually cares what he says because its makes no sense. Laine won't score on the road so hes a bust. dude actually said that. Other than that I see one other person almost ask "is he a bust" and thats it. thats literally it.

It's not allowed to quote across the forum, but you can easily find examples of posters calling him a bust simply by utilizing our search function. For example, "Connor" "Bust" and a few minutes of looking will give you ample proof that people have been calling him bust.

He's heating up, after a slow start to his pro career. People will use that slow start to tear the guy down. Partly as a reaction to a lot of glowing praise for Connor from both Jets fans and other people last season, and partly because people are looking for things to rag on.

Personally, I don't get it, but people do what they want. He was less pro-ready than I thought he was, and a big part of that is that he still very much has a teenager's body. He'll be fine.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Did you see the levels he was put next to???? Of course he was overrated! its already been confirmed!

they compared his numbers to eichel because..

he put up exactly comparable numbers to eichel... thats it. nobody thought he should have been drafted ahead of him or anything so you need to pump the brakes since a few people were mentioning eichel.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It's not allowed to quote across the forum, but you can easily find examples of posters calling him a bust simply by utilizing our search function. For example, "Connor" "Bust" and a few minutes of looking will give you ample proof that people have been calling him bust.

He's heating up, after a slow start to his pro career. People will use that slow start to tear the guy down. Partly as a reaction to a lot of glowing praise for Connor from both Jets fans and other people last season, and partly because people are looking for things to rag on.

Personally, I don't get it, but people do what they want. He was less pro-ready than I thought he was, and a big part of that is that he still very much has a teenager's body. He'll be fine.

To say he's a bust at 19 is insane. I just had problems with the comparisons thrown around last season, that's it. He's actually a very talented kid. Never said he was bad.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
After a slow start, he has 30 points in 37 games. 17 of them are goals. Nice first season anyway you look at it. And is only getting better which is the best thing.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Did you see the levels he was put next to???? after last season??? Of course he was overrated! its already been confirmed!

that does not mean he is going to be a bust, he's probably going to be a solid to good NHLer, maybe better. But he was overrated last season, without a doubt.

Do you believe Stamkos was overrated?

Seems to me he turned out alright after a very underwhelming start.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
He will be a ~70 point player in his prime similar to Ehlers or Nylander but a better goal scorer than those 2

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Do you believe Stamkos was overrated?

Seems to me he turned out alright after a very underwhelming start.

Did Stamkos play in the worst division in college hockey and play with two other NHL prospects and put up insane numbers. nope. Silly comparison.

Hes been really hot in the AHL lately though, maybe hes getting accustomed to it. Still, with how much he was hyped up last season, youd expect 40-50 in the NHL

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He will be a ~70 point player in his prime similar to Ehlers or Nylander but a better goal scorer than those 2

I see him as a regular 30 goal top 6 winger in the NHL, with the potential to score 40 in his best seasons. This will make him a very valuable asset in the league as goal scorers are hard to find.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He will be fine and imo is developing extremely fast... 2 years ago he was lighting up the USHL, last year he lit up the NCAA in a one and done season... This year he is playing his first professional season and is on fire and currently lighting up the AHL... The kid is a future star and is playing unreal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's playing his way onto being called up if the Jets run into injuries. Like I said, I would love to see him stay a rookie next year. But I am also a believer that a player that plays well in the minors deserves to be called up on the merit of his play.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Did Stamkos play in the worst division in college hockey and play with two other NHL prospects and put up insane numbers. nope. Silly comparison.

Hes been really hot in the AHL lately though, maybe hes getting accustomed to it. Still, with how much he was hyped up last season, youd expect 40-50 in the NHL

YOU'D expect that, which is probably why you're so dissapointed

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

I'm pretty sure that's an apt take on it. The skills and IQ were always there, but the jump from both NCAA to pro hockey, and from Berenson's non-system to Jets/Moose... poorly functioning system took more time than I and many others thought. Combine that with the fact that Connor is far away from optimal playing weight, and the jump proved too much to overcome. I'm still excited about him as a prospect, but there is no doubt that he wasn't ready for the NHL this season.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Good to see him come on strong, I think that next wave of 96's (him, Vrana, Kapanen, Fiala, Schmaltz(though not all rookies anymore) are going to do some damage next year

Last edited:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I see him as a regular 30 goal top 6 winger in the NHL, with the potential to score 40 in his best seasons. This will make him a very valuable asset in the league as goal scorers are hard to find.

I'd be happy if he could get 30 a year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad