LW Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS Turku, Liiga (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He is much more advanced in term of puck poise and smarts than Mantha was in his draft year. Better skater as well and much better physical tools. In Slafkovsky you get a puck possession monster, he already works the boards better than most NHLers.
Thats exactly why people compare his ability to do that with Jagr.

However when saying someone has ONE trait like Jagr people just lose their minds and think your saying Slafkovsky will have the same career as Jagr.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

However when saying someone has ONE trait like Jagr people just lose their minds and think your saying Slafkovsky will have the same career as Jagr.
Exactly, because you make some stylistical comparisons doesnt mean you think he will be Jagr 2.0 and a future hall of fame, but some of his physical tools are high end level and undeniable.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Bullshit. People didn’t say that because people were only saying a part of their game is similar.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
seen a rumor that according the agent of Simon Nemec , the Habs will be selecting Salfkovsky 1st overall. Reported by Jean Perron. Has anybody else seen this?

If true than lol what a bust!
even if the habs somehow were planning to draft Slafkovksy, I very much doubt they would be telling that information to Nemec's agent of all people.

god, I hope he doesn't get drafted by the habs.

Reactions: degustator

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
seen a rumor that according the agent of Simon Nemec , the Habs will be selecting Salfkovsky 1st overall. Reported by Jean Perron. Has anybody else seen this?

If true than lol what a bust!
Jean Perron (lol) says a contact told him an agent told him… Sounds legit…

A guy not in the org told a guy not in the org that a guy not in the org said…

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
even if the habs somehow were planning to draft Slafkovksy, I very much doubt they would be telling that information to Nemec's agent of all people.

god, I hope he doesn't get drafted by the habs.
It would be the worst place to be drafted for his career success IMO unless he is a star that can take the pressure/expectations.

MBrodeur

Mar 30, 2022
I do see a bit of this honestly. But I still like him as a prospect. I would probably pick him also if he was available still at #2. To me it seems still that he might have generally a tad more of consistent intensity than Mantha, which makes me believe that he probably becomes a better player than Mantha after all.

He is much more advanced in term of puck poise and smarts than Mantha was in his draft year. Better skater as well and much better physical tools. In Slafkovsky you get a puck possession monster, he already works the boards better than most NHLers.

Good points. I guess I see his offense being similar to Mantha (not saying it won't be better) but he'll have a better impact on the ice when he's not scoring.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Theresa guy on our board with an actual connection to the org that says there leaning Wright and if not Wright likely cooley based on dinners
ah ok. Wright seems like the consensus but i think it would kind of flair things up if Slaf went 1st. He actually seems like he would be a very natural fit beside Suzuki and Caufield if he develops well

Reactions: Fatass

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
ah ok. Wright seems like the consensus but i think it would kind of flair things up if Slaf went 1st. He actually seems like he would be a very natural fit beside Suzuki and Caufield if he develops well
He does, but we need a 2nd pivot more, it looks like Kent and Gorton are big on the up the middle philosophy. I think we draft one of wright or Cooley and Slaf will go to NJ and Arizona takes the third if nothing changes

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I've heard the rumor and find it extremely vague and with a poor source. So I don't put much stock into it.

With that being said, I believe Slafkovsky is the best prospect of this draft and I hope he will be selected by Montreal. He'd be a terrific addition to the Habs.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I've heard the rumor and find it extremely vague and with a poor source. So I don't put much stock into it.

With that being said, I believe Slafkovsky is the best prospect of this draft and I hope he will be selected by Montreal. He'd be a terrific addition to the Habs.
any one of the 3 would be a terrific addition if we’re being honest. I have my preference but at least Suzuki and Caufield will have someone else of their caliber in the team lol!

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
TPS has Pavol Skalicky signed for next season, so if Slafkovsky stays with TPS, he would have a Slovakian buddy.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
When's the last time a player scored 0.3 points in Liiga and played in NHL the next season? Sebastian Aho for example had a point per game season afterwards before he moved to NHL.

Seems like getting ahead of himself to me.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Kakko too. He’s definitely getting ahead of himself, he’ll need at least a year. I wouldn’t stay in Finland though, bring him over to the AHL and play in NA. If he plays well they can always give him a taste of the big league.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
When's the last time a player scored 0.3 points in Liiga and played in NHL the next season? Sebastian Aho for example had a point per game season afterwards before he moved to NHL.

And ROR played in the NHL right away after getting drafted in the 2nd round and didnt even put up a PPG in the OHL. You know there more to a player than just points right?

Reactions: Fatass

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

Best example is probably Kotkaniemi. 0.5 points per game in Liiga and next season in NHL.
Kakko too. He’s definitely getting ahead of himself, he’ll need at least a year. I wouldn’t stay in Finland though, bring him over to the AHL and play in NA. If he plays well they can always give him a taste of the big league.
Why should he not stay in Finland?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And ROR played in the NHL right away after getting drafted in the 2nd round and didnt even put up a PPG in the OHL. You know there more to a player than just points right?
Is it the NHL for Stafloski or he has to back to Europe? Or can he play in the AHL for a few months if that’s best?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Is it the NHL for Stafloski or he has to back to Europe? Or can he play in the AHL for a few months if that’s best?
He can play anywhere next season (barring his contract situation in Liiga which im not sure the status on that is, think its expired).

Its only CHL players that cant play in the AHL right after getting drafted (some have to wait 2 years).

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He can play anywhere next season (barring his contract situation in Liiga which im not sure the status on that is, think its expired).

Its only CHL players that cant play in the AHL right after getting drafted (some have to wait 2 years).
Pretty sure his Contract in Liiga is done, I saw reference to that earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad