LW Juraj Slafkovsky (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Yes, They usually suck managing there energy ingame and because of it lots of rookies tend to trail downwards in play halfway through the season because they aren't used to how hard they have to play and how long the season is.
Slaf also hasent played tons of hockey in the past year. He seemed to get gassed near the end of games but also he's had some of his strongest moments at the end of the games so who knows , I don't think its gonna be much of a problem for him going forward once he starts playing more hockey

Reactions: Berri UQAM

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Slaf also hasent played tons of hockey in the past year. He seemed to get gassed near the end of games but also he's had some of his strongest moments at the end of the games so who knows , I don't think its gonna be much of a problem for him going forward once he starts playing more hockey
He played 11 games in the u-20 then 53 games in the Liiga last year including the playoffs and 19 games more in international tournaments. That's a lot of hockey. He does look gassed at times but he's only 18 years old.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
7ljpcozpfft91.jpg

Just gonna leave this here....:naughty:

Good luck this season, I didnt understand all the whining from people in the preseason but he looked good to me.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We got spoiled with a few drafts featuring the likes of McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Laine, etc back before 2017, who all made almost immediate impacts in the NHL. Ever since then, these were the top two picks of each draft:

-Hischier
-Patrick
-Dahlin
-Svechnikov
-Hughes
-Kakko
-Lafreniere
-Byfield
-Power
-Beniers

Out of all these top two picks over the last 5-6 years, almost none of them made an immediate impact in the NHL, and most of them have taken years to finally develop into their draft pedigree (specifically Hischier, Dahlin, Hughes). Guys like Byfield, Lafreniere, Kakko still haven't found their way. Just because there are a few from each draft that made quick impacts, it does not mean we need to make hasty conclusions about those higher up in the draft. Not too long ago, almost everyone thought Jack Hughes was a bust... now he's regarded very highly.

This doesn't apply only to Slaf, but to Wright, Cooley, Nemec... and also Power, Beniers, McTavish. Don't be surprised if they don't light up the league in their rookie seasons. Development is not a sprint.
Dahlin actually had a crazy productive rookie year. 44 points as an 18 year old D is nuts.

It’s when Kreuger got there that he fell off a cliff. Funny thing happened when Krueger left….turns out he was good.

Reactions: Tolly80 and Fjordy

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think the Owen Power route was probably the way to go in that he shouldn't be in the NHL this year, he isn't McDavid, Matthews etc, there is no need to rush him and he doesn't look ready.

I think the Habs could be doing the Galchenyuk / Kotkoniemi thing all over again.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think the Owen Power route was probably the way to go in that he shouldn't be in the NHL this year, he isn't McDavid, Matthews etc, there is no need to rush him and he doesn't look ready.

I think the Habs could be doing the Galchenyuk / Kotkoniemi thing all over again.
Power didn’t go back because he wasn’t ready though….he went back because his college experience was empty arenas, classroom by zoom and the team had to forfeit a playoff run due to an outbreak.

Power showed up at the end of the year and was more than ready. He’d have earned a spot on the opening night roster and it wouldn’t have been a remotely close call.

Reactions: Kennerback

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Power didn’t go back because he wasn’t ready though….he went back because his college experience was empty arenas, classroom by zoom and the team had to forfeit a playoff run due to an outbreak.

Power showed up at the end of the year and was more than ready. He’d have earned a spot on the opening night roster and it wouldn’t have been a remotely close call.

NCAA / College schedule is great at that age, gaps between games, a chance to build muscle etc during the season by hitting the gym, getting stronger vs trying keep weight on etc.

It's almost never going to hurt a player going back, especially when it's a pretty bad team/atmosphere, give it a season, see what the situation is.

Who knows, maybe in a year Montreal has added Dubois and Bedard.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

By that you mean drafting shitty players? Certainly possible.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Someone needs to tell him to put 2 hands on his stick more often. He gets it swiped away a bit too easily and cannot dig the puck as well that way. At least imo. Otherwise I thought he has looked quite good. Some very good attempts, especially down in the Leafs zone when he crouched under the Leafs D and poked the puck for a pass. That was a great use of his reach. Good first period from him, nice blocked shot too.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Someone needs to tell him to put 2 hands on his stick more often. He gets it swiped away a bit too easily and cannot dig the puck as well that way. At least imo. Otherwise I thought he has looked quite good. Some very good attempts, especially down in the Leafs zone when he crouched under the Leafs D and poked the puck for a pass. That was a great use of his reach. Good first period from him, nice blocked shot too.
he's trying to "cheat" so he can swing around faster w/ momentum around the defender

Reactions: Team Cozens

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yeah I get what he's trying to do, and it's a nice tool to have but in some situations (in the 1st), he would have had better results being stronger on his stick. I'm just nitpicking, I thought he looked very good.
ya i thought the same as you tbh, it sticks out and he does it a ton, probably used to doing a lot of solo work at lower levels of play

Reactions: Sagikev and Realgud

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Good first game, nothing extraordinary but definitely not bad. Did some nice things and tried creating chances.

Found himself on a 2 on 1 and drew a call.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Slaf needs to learn that he wont break if he gets a bit dirty.

Up to now, it's always about finesse and power, but he's in the bigs and that power is matched by others. So he needs to do a bit of fighting for position, possession and retrieval.

He'll learn and adjust...i hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad