LW Juraj Slafkovsky (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tuch isn't a bad comparable but I think Juraj's skating has a long way to go to come even close to the speed Tuch has. Other than that I do see a lot of similarities. You could probably argue that Juraj has some raw skill that, if developed well, could bring him to another level than Tuch offensively.

Patience with these guys is paramount, you're absolutely right.
Post draft, and even when he first came into the NHL, Tuch's skating was thought to be, if not clunky, then slow -footed(not to be confused with slow). Part of it was probably decision making, but the other part was definitely him maturing, and getting better technically.
WAY too early to be making blanket statements about Juraj. MTL isn't going anywhere next year- best that they are very patient with him, and do what's best for his development.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Completely agree, anyone who thought the kid was exhibiting an NHL level hockey IQ in his draft year are simply devoid of hockey IQ. I thought and still think that he is a very good prospect but I would likely have pegged him closer to 5th OA and certainly no higher than 4th. His hockey IQ was much closer to Bantam level than NHL level and has only marginally improved.

Slaf is a project that will take some time and I don't think his ceiling is likely very high. If he can become a 30 goal, 50-60 point player who controls the boards then that will be a great success but certainly no where near where you would project a typical 1st OA. Hopefully his personality will keep him endeared to the Hab faithful as his production alone probably won't be enough.

Hughes/Gorton saw an opportunity to acquire an asset that is very rare and extremely difficult to acquire and they went for it when there was no true #1 available and I can live with that but people blindly defending the pick based solely on hockey skills are out to lunch.
Yikes!

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The Prophet must have gotten his visions mixed up haha

There is nothing wrong with my visions keep it down.

My Slafkovsky Update from October 28th:

My Slafkovsky Update from December 22nd:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
There is nothing wrong with my visions keep it down.

My Slafkovsky Update from October 28th:

My Slafkovsky Update from December 22nd:

Respect Dan👌

Reactions: danisonfire

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Bustkofsky is playing like Connor McDavid rn...

Typical HFboard...

To belittle, downplay and make sarcastic comments when everything aren't going 100% positive with something concerning other teams (like "Bustkovsky's" development 2-3 months ago)..

Then making sarcastic comments on other teams fans (particularly Habs fans) for being enthusiastic when everything goes right..

Everything is so negative here, it's like a perpetual cock fight between insecure teenagers...

Putting the ego aside and being of good faith isn't an option most of the times...

Last edited:

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Typical HFboard...

To belittle, downplay and make sarcastic comments when everything aren't going 100% positive with something concerning other teams (like "Bustkovsky's" development 2-3 months ago)..

Then making sarcastic comments on other teams fans (particularly Habs fans) for being enthusiastic when everything goes right..

Everything is so negative here, it's like a perpetual cock fight between insecure teenagers...

Putting the ego aside and being of good faith isn't an option most of the times...
your 100% right HFboard as change a lot since the time i start following, The real info you can get on players and prospect is now rare cause hate and trolling appear every 2-3 post in any subject.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
your 100% right HFboard as change a lot since the time i start following, The real info you can get on players and prospect is now rare cause hate and trolling appear every 2-3 post in any subject.

Objective analysis and informations are like second (or third) thoughts.
All that counts for some contributors is boosting their own ego, at the expense of others.

It's like camping, the overall experience can be pleasant, but the freaking bug flies are annoying...

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Typical HFboard...

That's just on main boards...if you go to the actual Slaf thread on the habs board then it's less trolling and more serious discussion.

It does seem like rival fans like to come and tear down their rival teams prospects, so it's not just with habs prospects.

Habs fans went and trolled in the Shane Wright thread so maybe this is just karma coming back to us lol

Reactions: golgoXIII

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Typical HFboard...

Jeez calm down! That comment was aimed at doubters and trolls calling Slafkovský bust 1st year when drafted, not at Slafkovský...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Why is there still an open prospect thread on a guy who has played over 120 games in the NHL and has clearly established himself as an NHL regular? He's turned the corner after a slow start and it's time to move on. Haters can always start a main board thread if he has a bad game or two.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Why is there still an open prospect thread on a guy who has played over 120 games in the NHL and has clearly established himself as an NHL regular? He's turned the corner after a slow start and it's time to move on. Haters can always start a main board thread if he has a bad game or two.

Because it's SlafGoatsky...

• Haha
Reactions: Devonator

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Theres a lot of other threads with guys drafted in the past few years who have played a lot of games. But yeah, even nemec’s thread heading into next season is kind of pointless as he won’t be going back to Utica.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Theres a lot of other threads with guys drafted in the past few years who have played a lot of games. But yeah, even nemec’s thread heading into next season is kind of pointless as he won’t be going back to Utica.
I'd understand it if a guy was on the cusp and going between the NHL and AHL but those days are past for Slaf. He's a legit NHL player and should be treated as such. Nemec too almost certainly. There is maybe some small chance he gets returned to the AHL next season but it's fairly small unless he goes home after the world championships and spends his summer eating Cheetos as a workout.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad