LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
1. Takeaways arent measured by battling in corners and in front of the net for the puck
2. Voracek is 2nd in the league in points.. its been 12 games, there are 70 games remaining.

So according to you, Gaudreau's job is to battle in the corners now? You're clueless. Yeah, Voracek is 2nd in points, he's off to a good start. What's your point? That Gaudreau is lucky to be leading the league in takeaways? ROR is 2nd in takeaways, and he has had much more ice time than JG.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
1. Takeaways arent measured by battling in corners and in front of the net for the puck
2. Voracek is 2nd in the league in points.. its been 12 games, there are 70 games remaining.

No, takeaways are measured by you taking the puck away from the other player. Who cares how you do it? A a guy whose a fan of a team with Datsyuk, you would think you'd appreciate that.

Nobody expects him to lead the league in takeaways, but he definitely has a talent for it.

BTW Voracek also put up 60+ points last season, and was almost a PPG the year before that. Stupid example.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Johnny Hockey is my choice to be the rookie of the year.
I don't care about his size, he is that good...
Unfortunately the pools I am in does not have him as the rookie of the year.

It will be between Gaudreau and Drouin.
But if Gaudreau would play with Stamkos, it would be a no brainer.

Forsberg?

stardefender*

What's funny is that you were leading the charge jumping to be critical when he started slow and now he's red hot and you're back just arguing semantics trying to save face.

You've said your piece over and over. Why continue? No one cares about your scepticism to that extent. It's on record. Move along.

You're very clearly someone who's only interest was to be a wet blanket, and now when those comments are already quickly looking foolish you're back chirping. Give it a rest. Seriously.

PZA*

nbwingsfans just admit he's good and be done with this thread. You're making yourself look like a fool.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Man, Gaudreau turned his game around quickly after that healthy scratch. I thought he'd need more time to adapt but it looks like he might be a top-6 forward from this point on.

Impressive the points he's managed to put up while still being pretty unlucky on a number of plays. He's clearly playing with swagger now and is a joy to watch. I'd like to see him score another goal or two and get even more confidence.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Hopefully one day the Flames will get an opportunity to play a team with these big, skilled players you speak of, and we can see how Johnny does against them. But for now, it's all just pure speculation and conjecture. We simply don't have any hard facts to work with yet.

One day Nashville and Montreal will have decent players with size and skill and a norris candidate or two.:sarcasm:

lardneau

Oct 7, 2011
I do have to admit he's doing a lot better than I thought he would. He has adjusted quite well based on the three games I've seen.

His hockey IQ is really high which compensates for his lack of size. I do think he's going to be a regular at the NHL level and be a pretty consistent 50-point scorer. Whether or not he can hit PPG in his career, I honestly don't know. Right now I'd say he can't, but he has proved me wrong twice already.

All in all, you have a very impressive kiddo in Gaudreau!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Anyone have a gif of that play in the first where he skated through a couple of Canadiens in the neutral zone, danced Markov at the blue line, and then took it to the net? Was a beauty play.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So according to you, Gaudreau's job is to battle in the corners now? You're clueless. Yeah, Voracek is 2nd in points, he's off to a good start. What's your point? That Gaudreau is lucky to be leading the league in takeaways? ROR is 2nd in takeaways, and he has had much more ice time than JG.

Every player is expected to battle in the corner, watch hockey.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

It's not everyone's role, watch hockey. If you're expecting someone of Gaudreau's size to go and fight in the dirty areas against two larger guys, then I don't know what to tell you. It looks like you are the one that needs to watch hockey.

Even Oiler's fans are giving credit to where credit is due.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004

I watched hockey since the 60s and smaller skilled guys didnt have to physically battle the bigger guys in the corners. Gretzky wouldn't of lasted his first season if he did. Peplinski, Hunter and the boys would of made sure he never seen another battle of Alberta lol. Small guys used their heads far more then their brawn. Im an Oilers fan and loathe everything Calgary but i dont have a glue what your problem is. Gaudreau is a steal at 104. I watch the flames just to see what he will do next. Your saying the exact same things everybody said about Gretzky. I dont think Johnny is Gretzky but he's one exciting little player to watch.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Anyone have a gif of that play in the first where he skated through a couple of Canadiens in the neutral zone, danced Markov at the blue line, and then took it to the net? Was a beauty play.

When i first watched that play I thought perhaps Markov torn his ACL again. He got twisted and took a very awkward turn in hopes of defending Gaudreau -- which we all no is not possible. :laugh:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

arguing just for the sake of arguing, nice.

What's next? Goalies are supposed to score because they count as a "skater" on ice?

perhaps YOU should watch hockey, and more importantly Johnny. Because he comes out of corners with the puck all the time despite the brutes on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad