LW Dmitry Buchelnikov - Vityaz, KHL (2022, 52nd, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
That sours me on taking a Russian like Surin with our second if he makes it there

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s a little hard to explain how KHL contracts work, etc, but this is probably good news for Detroit, from what I’ve found out yesterday.

Bottom line is, he’s out from under SKA’s grip now, which is the big thing. He also got paid a higher rate for this coming year, and won’t be sent to Siberia again, and it’ll now be much easier for him to have his final year terminated at Vityaz rather than at SKA.

Buchelnikov was getting more money to play this year, as he’s now a full time KHL player. The fact SKA traded his rights, is telling. That means they probably know it’s his intention to leave after this coming season, or at least he wanted that option. But if he signed to get more money this year with SKA, they’d likely make him play out his final year OR would’ve demanded more than just the one extra year.

In the KHL there’s not extensions like there is in NA. They literally rip up the old contract and sign a new one. You can’t rip up a 1yr contract and sign another 1yr contract basically. The year has to be added. With the trade, it was added by a team who will likely allow the contract to be terminated after this season, where SKA wouldn’t have.

Bottom line, it’s a win-win for Buchelnikov. He’s now playing for a KHL team in Moscow, making more money, and if he feels after this season, it’s time to leave for NA, it’ll be much easier for him to come over. Worse case, he plays in Moscow for two years and doesn’t have to be worried about being sent to Sochi or basically be sent to Siberia again.

If he has a big year, good bet he’s in NA after this coming season. Vityaz was likely willing to agree to this, to get him for the coming season, and maybe another season.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
It’s a little hard to explain how KHL contracts work, etc, but this is probably good news for Detroit, from what I’ve found out yesterday.

Bottom line is, he’s out from under SKA’s grip now, which is the big thing. He also got paid a higher rate for this coming year, and won’t be sent to Siberia again, and it’ll now be much easier for him to have his final year terminated at Vityaz rather than at SKA.

Buchelnikov was getting more money to play this year, as he’s now a full time KHL player. The fact SKA traded his rights, is telling. That means they probably know it’s his intention to leave after this coming season, or at least he wanted that option. But if he signed to get more money this year with SKA, they’d likely make him play out his final year OR would’ve demanded more than just the one extra year.

In the KHL there’s not extensions like there is in NA. They literally rip up the old contract and sign a new one. You can’t rip up a 1yr contract and sign another 1yr contract basically. The year has to be added. With the trade, it was added by a team who will likely allow the contract to be terminated after this season, where SKA wouldn’t have.

Bottom line, it’s a win-win for Buchelnikov. He’s now playing for a KHL team in Moscow, making more money, and if he feels after this season, it’s time to leave for NA, it’ll be much easier for him to come over. Worse case, he plays in Moscow for two years and doesn’t have to be worried about being sent to Sochi or basically be sent to Siberia again.

If he has a big year, good bet he’s in NA after this coming season. Vityaz was likely willing to agree to this, to get him for the coming season, and maybe another season.
Buch played in the Russian Far East, not Siberia. Literally on the pacific coast.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I'm pretty sure he'll play his new contract till the end. No point for him to go to NA being not NHL ready, and I doubt he's NHL ready after the next season. So he needs 2 years in KHL to get prepared for NHL properly, and he signs the contract with Vityaz for 2 years.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'm pretty sure he'll play his new contract till the end. No point for him to go to NA being not NHL ready, and I doubt he's NHL ready after the next season. So he needs 2 years in KHL to get prepared for NHL properly, and he signs the contract with Vityaz for 2 years.
Exactly.
Of course there's a chance he leaves earlier but more wishful thinking than anything. He will likely play the rest of contract and if he's good enough then go to NA.

That guy thinks terminating a khl contract is that simple.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
What the f*** is that line change?! Both D go off while the opponent is retrieving the puck just outside their blue line lol.

These are the plays where I'm like, "Yeah that's nice... But it'd also never happen in the NHL."

Go yo youtube. There are numerous compilations of hilariously bad NHL line changes.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Go yo youtube. There are numerous compilations of hilariously bad NHL line changes.

Never said there weren't... But going off as you're both looking at your opponent retrieve the puck right outside your own blue line is pretty rare.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Never said there weren't... But going off as you're both looking at your opponent retrieve the puck right outside your own blue line is pretty rare.

Point is the NHL isn't immune to similar mistakes. I mean (in the above video) 4 Leafs go for a change when Columbus has possession deep in Toronto's zone. That's so ridiculous I could imagine some KHL fan thinking that would never happen in their league.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Point is the NHL isn't immune to similar mistakes. I mean (in the above video) 4 Leafs go for a change when Columbus has possession deep in Toronto's zone. That's so ridiculous I could imagine some KHL fan thinking that would never happen in their league.

Well the Leafs don't play NHL caliber defense! :laugh:

Reactions: Hanji

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Buch was in metro Detroit this offseason doing some work with other wings prospects, so I think there is a pretty good chance of him eventually coming over if he continues to develop.

If he blows up this year in the KHL I could see it being as early as next year if he looks physically ready. If not probably after his contract is up.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad