LW Cole Eiserman - Boston Uni (2024, 20th, NYI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
It depends on what source you believe.

If you go by the IIHF they're both 6'0 and Eiserman is 9 pounds heavier (194 vs 185).

If you go by their regular teams then Celebrini is nearly 6'0, Eiserman 5'11, and Eiserman 2 pounds heavier (191 vs 189).

And they were similarly sized to each other while at Shattuck together.

Neither is substantial enough to determine which is "certainly stronger, more physically developed" based on their measurables. Nor is it the point.

The point isn't that they'll forever be similarly sized, but that the early posts that "Yeah, he’s had a crazy size advantage for a couple years" were always framed in a way like he was this huge dude dominating his peers because of his size, and it'd catch up to him as he played bigger and older players. It hasn't (so far) and he wasn't demonstrably bigger than other top peers then or now.

I'm not bringing up Celebrini to argue who is better. Not relevant whatsoever. Just pointing out that this legacy physical maturity notion that gets brought up is selectively applied. They're both elite prospects and favorites to be in the running for #1 overall next year. I don't care about prognostication beyond that. I'm just excited that (at least for now) it looks like we have some more elite prospects to look forward to as fans and a potential battle for top draft position again, which is fun compared to drafts where the #1 is a foregone conclusion during the draft season (i.e., Bedard this year).

I will say though that you should watch Eiserman more though if you thinks he lacks dynamic ability.

Not really. While he could have maybe played at the WJC, USAH has never selected an U17 player for the WJC in my 20 years following the tournament. They don't even really consider them, regardless of their forward group options.
Yeah meant more like hes good enough not that he would be selected

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I tought he had already accelerated and going to college next year. I guess i was thinking about Celebrini then. So for Eiserman it's most likely the Jack Hughes route from NTDP straight to NHL right?
In the past we’ve heard by now players are accelerating in the winter/early spring because they have to ramp up their coursework in spring/summer. I still wouldn’t be incredibly surprised if we did hear he was accelerating but it doesn’t seem likely. He is committed to Minnesota but that doesn’t mean a whole lot if a team wants him to play in the AHL or NHL right away

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I tought he had already accelerated and going to college next year. I guess i was thinking about Celebrini then. So for Eiserman it's most likely the Jack Hughes route from NTDP straight to NHL right?
He is committed to Minnesota for college, would think that is more likely to play out than a direct jump. And I think in hindsight Hughes would have spent a year at college so I think Eiserman would be more inclined to do so.
Also Jack was following a good string of 1OA picks that were all impact players right away, there was more pressure to do so. I think since then recent 1OA picks have either struggled in their first year (Lafreniere and Slafkovsky) or spent the year in college (Power), so whoever goes first shouldn’t feel forced to make the jump.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007

The article someone mentioned earlier, I wonder when the last time minor hockey teammates (likely) were selected 1-2 in an NHL draft
Not the same draft but Tavares and Stamkos played on a summer team called the Ontario Blues (along with Pietrangelo and a few others too) and they went #1 in b2b years. I think they went 49-0-1 during their 2-3 years together and Stamkos' dad who was the coach picked JT to shoot in a sudden death shootout over Stamkos and his missed, something he still teases him about. That was also the reason Stamkos wore #91 since both he and Tavares always wore #19 growing up and Stamkos' dad let Tavares keep his number. Funny enough they both ended up wearing #91

Another thing , due to Tavares ES and late bday, the went 1st overall in b2b years in the OHL and NHL, but in reverse orders. Something that will likely never happen again

Edit - Crosby and Jack Johnson went 1-3 and played together at Shattuck just like Eiserman and Celebrini.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like Celebrini better overall, but this is why Eiserman is so elite. He can have a bad 55 minutes but his game-breaking goal-scoring ability is the best I have ever seen in ten years of scouting NHL prospects.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Any chance this guy gets past the first round? That goal he scored in the U18 gold medal game was lowkey exceptional.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Any chance this guy gets past the first round? That goal he scored in the U18 gold medal game was lowkey exceptional.
He didn't actually get credit for the goal, but it was a great play that he made. Carey Terrance got credit for the goal. Eiserman has scored many goals that were more exceptional this year. Kid has a phenomenal release and deadly accurate shot. He also has great speed and hands, but I would like to see him pass more. He does have good vision, but I think he has supreme confidence in his shot and that's why he's always thinking shot first.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Umm... No not really
I think they might have meant this year, which raises an interesting question. Where would Eiserman go if he was eligible for this year's draft? Certainly a first-rounder. Imagine that he was 17 and not 16. I'd say he was top-10 easy and likely getting serious top-5 consideration.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think they might have meant this year, which raises an interesting question. Where would Eiserman go if he was eligible for this year's draft? Certainly a first-rounder. Imagine that he was 17 and not 16. I'd say he was top-10 easy and likely getting serious top-5 consideration.
i think he would get a lot of looks at #3.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
i think he would get a lot of looks at #3.
For sure. The Russian factor with Michkov is a big consideration. Would people want a winger over a centre like Carlsson or Smith? I would, but I'm not an NHL GM/scouting director. Talent over position every time. You don't get a chance to draft a sniper like Eiserman too often.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
The Gophers have 13 forwards on the roster for next year, and the three most likely options to get to 15 (Jimmy Clark, Beckett Hendrickson, and potential 5th year Colin Schmidt) are showing indications of playing elsewhere or moving on.

This is leading some of us to believe they might be trying to find a way to get Eiserman on campus in the fall.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I think that would be a mistake for Eiserman. He should be focusing next year on rounding out his game. It's clear he's one of the best goal scoring prospects to come around, but his play away from the puck leaves a lot to be desired at this point. At NTDP, he'll be in the right environment to be able to work on that. At Minnesota, he could probably put up decent numbers, but he'll need to play to his strengths to be effective and won't have the same luxury of working on his game.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Gophers have 13 forwards on the roster for next year, and the three most likely options to get to 15 (Jimmy Clark, Beckett Hendrickson, and potential 5th year Colin Schmidt) are showing indications of playing elsewhere or moving on.

This is leading some of us to believe they might be trying to find a way to get Eiserman on campus in the fall.
He's not even 17, that doesn't make a lot of sense, and I doubt his schooling is advanced enough to enroll that early. He will likely take the normal path and complete his USNDTP career and then enroll in school the following year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad