LW Arthur Kaliyev (2019, 33rd, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I hope the team that drafts him announces him from Shaolin.

I get how this happened. It just makes me feel old. Coming from someone who flew to NYC to see Wu-Tang live because I was convinced they could never all get across the border due to how many shows got cancelled and how some never started coming over here for years.

To bring it back to Kaliyev. I wish this kid played with the natural energy Method Man performs with.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I get how this happened. It just makes me feel old. Coming from someone who flew to NYC to see Wu-Tang live because I was convinced they could never all get across the border due to how many shows got cancelled and how some never started coming over here for years.

To bring it back to Kaliyev. I wish this kid played with the natural energy Method Man performs with.
Imagine if he had ODB energy.

Well, alive ODB energy.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
I mean, yeah- good music is good music. It's just scarcer in some eras.
If you truly believe that some eras were significantly better than others then my response is simply keep listening to different stuff from different eras and revisit this over the years and I bet you’ll eventually conclude something different.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
If you truly believe that some eras were significantly better than others then my response is simply keep listening to different stuff from different eras and revisit this over the years and I bet you’ll eventually conclude something different.
Yeah my opinions have changed in the past and they may change again. I'll listen to whatever I find good though, no one should actually care when the song was created so long as they enjoy it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's not fluid or explosive. He's at best an average skater at the CHL level, unless you want to discount for size. He's not fast, explosive or fluid. Being better than Robertson doesn't make you not a bad skater.
Any similarities to Sokolov? Sure sounds similar.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Actually WuDang (often spelt WuTang) Shan is the legendary birth place of Tai Chi Chuan, a "soft style" martial art. Very cool place. Shaolin is hard style, and comes from a different mountain.

TMI, I know, but it's kind of worrisome that Kaliyev has any connection to "softness".

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
2 goals, 1 assist tonight, that gives him 47 goals, 91 points.
It's been irking me that he's been doing most of his damage on the PP. 3 goals and 3 primary assists at even strength over the past two games has helped with that.

With 22 points over his past 10 games it looks there is even a slight chance he might equal or surpass Svechnikov's regular season 1.64 PPG from last season. He needs 20 points in the final ten games to tie it and 21 to beat it. Though even 1.60 PPG over 68 games would arguable be more impressive than 1.64 over 44 from a pure production standpoint.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He’s having an incredible season. One of the best goal scoring seasons from a U18 player. Right in the middle of some big names on that list.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's been irking me that he's been doing most of his damage on the PP. 3 goals and 3 primary assists at even strength over the past two games has helped with that.

With 22 points over his past 10 games it looks there is even a slight chance he might equal or surpass Svechnikov's regular season 1.64 PPG from last season. He needs 20 points in the final ten games to tie it and 21 to beat it. Though even 1.60 PPG over 68 games would arguable be more impressive than 1.64 over 44 from a pure production standpoint.
and the even crazier thing is he is basically doing it with spare parts as teammates. Hamilton purged out Entwistle and Saigeon yet the kid has only kept scoring. some of us have been saying people are missing the boat here, yes he has a few flaws, most goal scorers do, but whether he has played with good talent or no talent, his production is staying the same..

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
and the even crazier thing is he is basically doing it with spare parts as teammates. Hamilton purged out Entwistle and Saigeon yet the kid has only kept scoring. some of us have been saying people are missing the boat here, yes he has a few flaws, most goal scorers do, but whether he has played with good talent or no talent, his production is staying the same..
His PPG post-Saigeon trade is higher than it was before it. He had a 7-game "slump" where he only scored 7 points after the trade, but then went on his current 10-game tear with 22 points. His shot rate has increased too.

I don't like being too much off consensus, but I have a hard time justifying a rank below #3 for Arthur.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
To me, Kaliyev is the classic case of the scouting community incorrectly valuing athletes over hockey players.

They've been focusing on his physical traits and intangibles even though neither are close to poor enough to limit him in the NHL and have basically just ignored how flat out good he is at hockey.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I think people are confusing pace of his play and the optics of not going 100% every single second with bad skating. Didn't he put up great skating numbers at the OHL Top Prospect game. I don't think skating ability is an issue in the slightest.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Wish you could still find Brock Boeser's pre-draft thread on this forum. This guy seems like left handed Boeser to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad