Lululemon drops new fashionable line of Canucks merch

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Is lululemon thought of as a unisex apparel company in Canada? Because whenever I think of it, I think of it as a women’s apparel company, and I don’t think I’ve ever met or known of a man owning anything from them, I know a ton of women who like it though

they make the best men's casual pants on the market imo (the ABC pant)

Reactions: tucker3434

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine a man worried about what brand he is wearing 🤣 its just clothes buddy, nothing too serious.
I mean yeah, I don't know what blokes here are so afraid of, but then this is HF where there's a lot of "old school" mentality and not any of the good kind. If they want to wear Hanes in bulk from Costco or Amazon, cool, go for it, I am sure those 3 pack sweats and 3 pack tees are just what they need.

But hating on brands because it's not their style or what not, it's like tell me more about how insecure you are without telling me.

Progb

Probably belongs on the Canucks board.
Probably should have read the article in the link. It's all teams, it's a set number of teams right now, then full 32 next season. I mean it's a locally started brand so you figure its just for the locals?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Chip Wilson is such a sick name for an asshole, how could he not be
He quite literally was an epic one, the stories my wife has about his tenure with his company before he was booted is just ridiculous, none that I can discuss but the bloke was just a grade A misogynist and dirtbag.

Which is kind of funny because some of the stuff I read on the mainboards is stuff he would probably say and agree with.
I think that, if any NHL fanbase was going to be wearing Lululemon, it would be Vancouver fans wearing Lululemon.
I mean, their global sales are ridiculous, the sales in the US far exceed what they make in Canada and yeah I am definitely biased because of my wife, but its funny to see such a reaction out of a clothing line on here when it's actually good clothing for NHL stuff for once.

Meanwhile Fanatics made stuff is pure crap. This "Collab" is just the Fanatics design input as they're NHL licensed, as in, they're in the room to say yeah this looks good at the most, the rest is made and designed by Lululemon's usual way.

I bet we could have Fruit of the Loom make NHL licensed clothes and fans would still complain. Honestly, I am just happy to see bigger brands wanting to do NHL stuff, the fact that NFL, MLB, and NBA get that treatment, this is a massive step in the right direction. I hope this means more sign on.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Is lululemon thought of as a unisex apparel company in Canada? Because whenever I think of it, I think of it as a women’s apparel company, and I don’t think I’ve ever met or known of a man owning anything from them, I know a ton of women who like it though
In Vancouver it's been unisex for like a decade atleast, because as others have mentioned it is unbelievably comfortable (and durable).

Its only a matter of time before everywhere else adopts the same perspective, your gf or significant other will get you a sweater or shirts or gift card and you're instantly a convert.

Quality > quantity etc etc

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I gotta take some of you guys' advice on clothes! I've got a few things with logos on them. Currently wearing something that says "Eddie Bauer" as we speak, actually. Where do you all shop? Bonus points for places in Canada or that ship here at least.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Same with Patagonia and every other clothing brand out there. They make it in 3rd world factories for $0.12 and sell it with their brand advertising sewn on for $60
But they still make it with quality fabrics and it has to pass their QC before going into market just like every electronics and cars that are made in china or mexico or elsewhere. This is not new and in fact lots of things are made in China and other so called 3rd world countries. But there are varying degrees of what quality material is made from, how its made and how it pass quality control. You people make it sound like if its not made by hands of the royal family from England then its no good 🤣. So you pay $2000 for your made in china iphone which probably cost $60 to make but now have problems with similar concept when it comes to clothing 😅

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
In Vancouver it's been unisex for like a decade atleast, because as others have mentioned it is unbelievably comfortable (and durable).

Its only a matter of time before everywhere else adopts the same perspective, your gf or significant other will get you a sweater or shirts or gift card and you're instantly a convert.

Quality > quantity etc etc
Am a person that would pay for quality as long as it makes sense. So i would pay money to get good quality clothing from a known brand rather than waste money on crap quality because its cheap. Been there and done that. I have gym shirts from Nike that I have used for 15 years which has been thrown into wahser and dryer a million times and still retained their shape and quality as the day I bought them. I also have bought the "cheap" stuff tshirts that some people here are a fan of from chinese night market for $3 which after one wash shrank to half the size and faded. Again you might pay a lot for a known brand with good quality but in the end you get to use it a million times versus buying $5 tshirts every month.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I gotta take some of you guys' advice on clothes! I've got a few things with logos on them. Currently wearing something that says "Eddie Bauer" as we speak, actually. Where do you all shop? Bonus points for places in Canada or that ship here at least.
Buying clothes is really personal, its about what the person style is like and how their body shape is. There are brands that have better fit on one person but not another. Also depends on their lifestyle, if they are adventurous or go to gym or if they need clothings to lounge around in at home. So basically you would need to go to different stores and see what style fits you and what you like. No one here can tell you to buy a certain brand because we dont know what style you like. Lululemon is great for people who are athletic or go to gym a lot or are in shape. If you are out of shape, then most lululemon clothings might not be the best fit for you because lululemon is marketed mainly as yoga wear or athletic wear so the fit would be best for slimmer guys.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I hate all clothes with brand names printed or stitched onto them. I'm all set paying to be a walking advertisement
You seem to have problems with brands. Guess the cars with logos on them are also a billboard machine. Or iphone with its logo on the back. How about NHL jerseys, the team logo is just advertising the team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

They have some great men clothing, also they have some good unisex belt bags.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think that, if any NHL fanbase was going to be wearing Lululemon, it would be Vancouver fans wearing Lululemon.
Lululemon is a global brand. Just because it started in Vancouver, it doesnt mean its only a local brand. It has more stores in US then it does in Canada.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'd imagine that this stuff has to be super comfortable and well made, because looks-wise, it looks it looks no different than any other team merchandise you can buy anywhere.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
You seem to have problems with brands. Guess the cars with logos on them are also a billboard machine. Or iphone with its logo on the back. How about NHL jerseys, the team logo is just advertising the team.
Show me a car that comes without branding on it? Or a car that you wear? Or an Iphone without a logo on it? (My generic no-name phone case covers the logo on my phone, so that settles that) And I kind of think the whole point of buying sports mechandise is the logo on it, yeah? Or else it's just a plain jersey.

Your arguements make little sense. I prefer to not be a walking billboard for Calvin Klein or Old Navy. So sue me. You seem to be hyperoffended by people who don't want to wear Lululemon logos on their chest. How much are they paying you? :eyeroll:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Show me a car that comes without branding on it? Or a car that you wear? Or an Iphone without a logo on it? (My generic no-name phone case covers the logo on my phone, so that settles that) And I kind of think the whole point of buying sports mechandise is the logo on it, yeah? Or else it's just a plain jersey.

Your arguements make little sense. I prefer to not be a walking billboard for Calvin Klein or Old Navy. So sue me. You seem to be hyperoffended by people who don't want to wear Lululemon logos on their chest. How much are they paying you? :eyeroll:
You are the one having problems accepting a concept of a logo. Why would any company that makes a product not have a logo on them? And some people do actually buy clothings because of their logo similar to the sports jersey you mentioned. Am not offended, your point does not make logical sense. You just think if someone has a logo shown on their clothes means they are a walking billboard which is hilarious when some people might pay thousands of dollars just to have that Gucci logo on their shirt. Its similar to buying a mercedes benz. Would you take that mercedes benz logo off if you paid $100,000 for it?

• Haha

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Been living in Vancouver for a few years now and I shop at places like Lululemon, Brunello Cucinelli, Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew (they will carry most of the brands I wear, Zegna, Brunello, Tom Ford, Boss, etc), the Nike store is ok for some active things that Lululemon won’t have for men, I also go bespoke for all of my suits and there’s a few good local downtown places with Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew sometimes ok in that regard as well. I checked out this one place that had some ok things if you are looking for a more affordable casual wear - RW or something it was called? I bought a jumper from there that was fairly decent quality for the price. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with though mate and what drapes best on your frame and the cliche of confidence helps pull off the fit.

Otherwise, when we are staying at our place in Seattle, it’s a lot more options out that way and even more when I visit my brother in San Diego but most things you can order in if you know the fit and sizing, so that always helps.
Same with Patagonia and every other clothing brand out there. They make it in 3rd world factories for $0.12 and sell it with their brand advertising sewn on for $60
So like every company then.

Quite literally actually for 99% of the brands out there. You like NHL jerseys? Made in a factory in Indonesia.

Or it’s in…
Vietnam
China
Places in India
Cambodia
Pakistan

Most of the companies that say they get it made locally lie, they buy all of the materials over seas, get the prototypes made there, brought over, adjustments made and sent back to a factory. Kind of how the world works mate. Your phone, laptop, things in your home…
I hate all clothes with brand names printed or stitched onto them. I'm all set paying to be a walking advertisement
I get this part of your gripe - My wife knows I despise branding and some things you can’t avoid but as long as it’s small and out of the way, I am fine. Like Nike, or Lululemon and their very small logo that 99.9% of the time you gotta know the brand to know where it is, etc. Most of the time, the men’s faashion brands I have always bought will rarely if ever at all, have any sort of branding visible and if it is, it’s more ghosted than anything where it’s sewn into the clothing in a way you can’t see.

Otherwise, I don’t like a graphic tee that has the brand all over it or a gaudy logo, I can relate, absolutely not a fan of that but tough with active wear, like my gym gear is unavoidable with a small logo at the end of the shorts or shoulder or sleeve with a small logo.
Jerseys have always had the logo on them the moment they became available to fans. CCM, Bauer, Nike, Adidas, Reebok…..fanatics. If your gripe of wearing a sports branded item is the logo of the company that makes it, that’s a weird take mate. You’re quite literally a billboard for your favourite team and company’s that make the gear always have their logo visible, you’d be hard pressed to find one without it. It seems like you really have an axe to grind with Lululemon for some odd reason?

Also you buy your phone because you like a brand, you put a case on sure, but the design itself for the Iphone or Samsung is the logo, when you have items like that, the design itself is the representation of the brand, so a generic case, Apple and Samsung know you’re going to throw it on there, but you put both phones on a table upside down with the generic case, unless you live under a rock, you know.

Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Ferrari, Porsche, all make branded t-shirts that fans wear. You would hate going to an F1 event then, lol. I mean hell, I have a couple of vintage inspired Ford t-shirts that I wear around the house and the fit is comfortable (Pull&Bear, for some reason I only pick up a few items when I visit family back in the UK).
Nothing wrong with not wanting to be a walking billboard for a brand, but you seemed more offended by the mere fact anyone would wear branded items for the brand or sports merchandise with the clothing brand’s name (which is again, all sports clothing). So really, you have items that make you a walking billboard by blokes that shop at the same place, some things are distinguishable and other things brands throw their names on aggressively and I get the dislike for those, but I mean, Lululemon and Nike for example, you have to FIND their clothes with their branding wordmark, otherwise it’s just the swoosh or the little omega logo.

You seem more hyper offended about a brand that has most wondering why you have such negative reaction to a brand that manufactures the same way as every other place?

Like I said earlier, I’m all for the NHL doing this because honestly the options for NHL items are insanely limited. You want more crap from Fanatics and ‘47 with poor fits? Because Adidas is scaling back and the options get limited. Having different types of NHL fan gear from now Lululemon in addition to 47 and Fanatics (fantastic like I said is attached because of licensing rights they have) is good, some day it might be as good as the stuff offered to NFL fans. This is good for the sport, it needs as much exposure as it can to keep pushing it to compete with the other 3.

Because I’d like better Penguins fan gear that can be as nice as my Steelers and Pirates stuff by Nike. Fanatics made stuff is just awful, I know they used to manufacture for other brands but to spec and not what they make their own stuff with where the sizing is ridiculous.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Honestly you can't go wrong with the basic tees and flannel shirts from Old Navy. But if you want a light jacket that will keep you remarkably warm, lululemon is the way to go IMO. It's pricier but it'll last you forever.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
You are the one having problems accepting a concept of a logo. Why would any company that makes a product not have a logo on them? And some people do actually buy clothings because of their logo similar to the sports jersey you mentioned. Am not offended, your point does not make logical sense. You just think if someone has a logo shown on their clothes means they are a walking billboard which is hilarious when some people might pay thousands of dollars just to have that Gucci logo on their shirt. It’s similar to buying a mercedes benz. Would you take that mercedes benz logo off if you paid $100,000 for it?
I can just imagine this bloke losing his marbles anytime he turns his TV on and the branding pops up, then he looks down as his remote and it has the branding, he looks over to his can of beer and its branded to death, then he looks over at his gaming consoles and decides to play a game, becomes enraged when the PlayStation/Nintendo/Xbox logo pops up and then looks down and sees the PS and XB logo on the controller, so he goes outside to take a breather and looks at his car that has the logo on the front and back of the car, on the steering wheel, rims, his key fob…

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad