Lululemon drops new fashionable line of Canucks merch

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Is lululemon thought of as a unisex apparel company in Canada? Because whenever I think of it, I think of it as a women’s apparel company, and I don’t think I’ve ever met or known of a man owning anything from them, I know a ton of women who like it though

they make the best men's casual pants on the market imo (the ABC pant)

Reactions: tucker3434

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine a man worried about what brand he is wearing 🤣 its just clothes buddy, nothing too serious.
I mean yeah, I don't know what blokes here are so afraid of, but then this is HF where there's a lot of "old school" mentality and not any of the good kind. If they want to wear Hanes in bulk from Costco or Amazon, cool, go for it, I am sure those 3 pack sweats and 3 pack tees are just what they need.

But hating on brands because it's not their style or what not, it's like tell me more about how insecure you are without telling me.

Progb

Probably belongs on the Canucks board.
Probably should have read the article in the link. It's all teams, it's a set number of teams right now, then full 32 next season. I mean it's a locally started brand so you figure its just for the locals?

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Chip Wilson is such a sick name for an asshole, how could he not be
He quite literally was an epic one, the stories my wife has about his tenure with his company before he was booted is just ridiculous, none that I can discuss but the bloke was just a grade A misogynist and dirtbag.

Which is kind of funny because some of the stuff I read on the mainboards is stuff he would probably say and agree with.
I think that, if any NHL fanbase was going to be wearing Lululemon, it would be Vancouver fans wearing Lululemon.
I mean, their global sales are ridiculous, the sales in the US far exceed what they make in Canada and yeah I am definitely biased because of my wife, but its funny to see such a reaction out of a clothing line on here when it's actually good clothing for NHL stuff for once.

Meanwhile Fanatics made stuff is pure crap. This "Collab" is just the Fanatics design input as they're NHL licensed, as in, they're in the room to say yeah this looks good at the most, the rest is made and designed by Lululemon's usual way.

I bet we could have Fruit of the Loom make NHL licensed clothes and fans would still complain. Honestly, I am just happy to see bigger brands wanting to do NHL stuff, the fact that NFL, MLB, and NBA get that treatment, this is a massive step in the right direction. I hope this means more sign on.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Lululemon is overpriced as hell and a total scam.
Same with Patagonia and every other clothing brand out there. They make it in 3rd world factories for $0.12 and sell it with their brand advertising sewn on for $60

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Is lululemon thought of as a unisex apparel company in Canada? Because whenever I think of it, I think of it as a women’s apparel company, and I don’t think I’ve ever met or known of a man owning anything from them, I know a ton of women who like it though
In Vancouver it's been unisex for like a decade atleast, because as others have mentioned it is unbelievably comfortable (and durable).

Its only a matter of time before everywhere else adopts the same perspective, your gf or significant other will get you a sweater or shirts or gift card and you're instantly a convert.

Quality > quantity etc etc

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Imagine being a man and walking around wearing something that says "lululemon"
I hate all clothes with brand names printed or stitched onto them. I'm all set paying to be a walking advertisement

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I gotta take some of you guys' advice on clothes! I've got a few things with logos on them. Currently wearing something that says "Eddie Bauer" as we speak, actually. Where do you all shop? Bonus points for places in Canada or that ship here at least.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Same with Patagonia and every other clothing brand out there. They make it in 3rd world factories for $0.12 and sell it with their brand advertising sewn on for $60
But they still make it with quality fabrics and it has to pass their QC before going into market just like every electronics and cars that are made in china or mexico or elsewhere. This is not new and in fact lots of things are made in China and other so called 3rd world countries. But there are varying degrees of what quality material is made from, how its made and how it pass quality control. You people make it sound like if its not made by hands of the royal family from England then its no good 🤣. So you pay $2000 for your made in china iphone which probably cost $60 to make but now have problems with similar concept when it comes to clothing 😅

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
In Vancouver it's been unisex for like a decade atleast, because as others have mentioned it is unbelievably comfortable (and durable).

Its only a matter of time before everywhere else adopts the same perspective, your gf or significant other will get you a sweater or shirts or gift card and you're instantly a convert.

Quality > quantity etc etc
Am a person that would pay for quality as long as it makes sense. So i would pay money to get good quality clothing from a known brand rather than waste money on crap quality because its cheap. Been there and done that. I have gym shirts from Nike that I have used for 15 years which has been thrown into wahser and dryer a million times and still retained their shape and quality as the day I bought them. I also have bought the "cheap" stuff tshirts that some people here are a fan of from chinese night market for $3 which after one wash shrank to half the size and faded. Again you might pay a lot for a known brand with good quality but in the end you get to use it a million times versus buying $5 tshirts every month.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I gotta take some of you guys' advice on clothes! I've got a few things with logos on them. Currently wearing something that says "Eddie Bauer" as we speak, actually. Where do you all shop? Bonus points for places in Canada or that ship here at least.
Buying clothes is really personal, its about what the person style is like and how their body shape is. There are brands that have better fit on one person but not another. Also depends on their lifestyle, if they are adventurous or go to gym or if they need clothings to lounge around in at home. So basically you would need to go to different stores and see what style fits you and what you like. No one here can tell you to buy a certain brand because we dont know what style you like. Lululemon is great for people who are athletic or go to gym a lot or are in shape. If you are out of shape, then most lululemon clothings might not be the best fit for you because lululemon is marketed mainly as yoga wear or athletic wear so the fit would be best for slimmer guys.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I hate all clothes with brand names printed or stitched onto them. I'm all set paying to be a walking advertisement
You seem to have problems with brands. Guess the cars with logos on them are also a billboard machine. Or iphone with its logo on the back. How about NHL jerseys, the team logo is just advertising the team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

They have some great men clothing, also they have some good unisex belt bags.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think that, if any NHL fanbase was going to be wearing Lululemon, it would be Vancouver fans wearing Lululemon.
Lululemon is a global brand. Just because it started in Vancouver, it doesnt mean its only a local brand. It has more stores in US then it does in Canada.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'd imagine that this stuff has to be super comfortable and well made, because looks-wise, it looks it looks no different than any other team merchandise you can buy anywhere.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
You seem to have problems with brands. Guess the cars with logos on them are also a billboard machine. Or iphone with its logo on the back. How about NHL jerseys, the team logo is just advertising the team.
Show me a car that comes without branding on it? Or a car that you wear? Or an Iphone without a logo on it? (My generic no-name phone case covers the logo on my phone, so that settles that) And I kind of think the whole point of buying sports mechandise is the logo on it, yeah? Or else it's just a plain jersey.

Your arguements make little sense. I prefer to not be a walking billboard for Calvin Klein or Old Navy. So sue me. You seem to be hyperoffended by people who don't want to wear Lululemon logos on their chest. How much are they paying you? :eyeroll:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad