Lululemon drops new fashionable line of Canucks merch

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Been living in Vancouver for a few years now and I shop at places like Lululemon, Brunello Cucinelli, Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew (they will carry most of the brands I wear, Zegna, Brunello, Tom Ford, Boss, etc), the Nike store is ok for some active things that Lululemon won’t have for men, I also go bespoke for all of my suits and there’s a few good local downtown places with Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew sometimes ok in that regard as well. I checked out this one place that had some ok things if you are looking for a more affordable casual wear - RW or something it was called? I bought a jumper from there that was fairly decent quality for the price. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with though mate and what drapes best on your frame and the cliche of confidence helps pull off the fit.

Otherwise, when we are staying at our place in Seattle, it’s a lot more options out that way and even more when I visit my brother in San Diego but most things you can order in if you know the fit and sizing, so that always helps.

So like every company then.

Quite literally actually for 99% of the brands out there. You like NHL jerseys? Made in a factory in Indonesia.

Or it’s in…
Vietnam
China
Places in India
Cambodia
Pakistan

Most of the companies that say they get it made locally lie, they buy all of the materials over seas, get the prototypes made there, brought over, adjustments made and sent back to a factory. Kind of how the world works mate. Your phone, laptop, things in your home…

I get this part of your gripe - My wife knows I despise branding and some things you can’t avoid but as long as it’s small and out of the way, I am fine. Like Nike, or Lululemon and their very small logo that 99.9% of the time you gotta know the brand to know where it is, etc. Most of the time, the men’s faashion brands I have always bought will rarely if ever at all, have any sort of branding visible and if it is, it’s more ghosted than anything where it’s sewn into the clothing in a way you can’t see.

Otherwise, I don’t like a graphic tee that has the brand all over it or a gaudy logo, I can relate, absolutely not a fan of that but tough with active wear, like my gym gear is unavoidable with a small logo at the end of the shorts or shoulder or sleeve with a small logo.

Jerseys have always had the logo on them the moment they became available to fans. CCM, Bauer, Nike, Adidas, Reebok…..fanatics. If your gripe of wearing a sports branded item is the logo of the company that makes it, that’s a weird take mate. You’re quite literally a billboard for your favourite team and company’s that make the gear always have their logo visible, you’d be hard pressed to find one without it. It seems like you really have an axe to grind with Lululemon for some odd reason?

Also you buy your phone because you like a brand, you put a case on sure, but the design itself for the Iphone or Samsung is the logo, when you have items like that, the design itself is the representation of the brand, so a generic case, Apple and Samsung know you’re going to throw it on there, but you put both phones on a table upside down with the generic case, unless you live under a rock, you know.

Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Ferrari, Porsche, all make branded t-shirts that fans wear. You would hate going to an F1 event then, lol. I mean hell, I have a couple of vintage inspired Ford t-shirts that I wear around the house and the fit is comfortable (Pull&Bear, for some reason I only pick up a few items when I visit family back in the UK).

Nothing wrong with not wanting to be a walking billboard for a brand, but you seemed more offended by the mere fact anyone would wear branded items for the brand or sports merchandise with the clothing brand’s name (which is again, all sports clothing). So really, you have items that make you a walking billboard by blokes that shop at the same place, some things are distinguishable and other things brands throw their names on aggressively and I get the dislike for those, but I mean, Lululemon and Nike for example, you have to FIND their clothes with their branding wordmark, otherwise it’s just the swoosh or the little omega logo.

You seem more hyper offended about a brand that has most wondering why you have such negative reaction to a brand that manufactures the same way as every other place?

Like I said earlier, I’m all for the NHL doing this because honestly the options for NHL items are insanely limited. You want more crap from Fanatics and ‘47 with poor fits? Because Adidas is scaling back and the options get limited. Having different types of NHL fan gear from now Lululemon in addition to 47 and Fanatics (fantastic like I said is attached because of licensing rights they have) is good, some day it might be as good as the stuff offered to NFL fans. This is good for the sport, it needs as much exposure as it can to keep pushing it to compete with the other 3.

Because I’d like better Penguins fan gear that can be as nice as my Steelers and Pirates stuff by Nike. Fanatics made stuff is just awful, I know they used to manufacture for other brands but to spec and not what they make their own stuff with where the sizing is ridiculous.
Much appreciated! This is awesome!! It's too bad I had to move out to Kamloops a few years ago, but this is a great list for when I'm in town next month. Been considering MTM suits - where do you go bespoke? I'm sure they'd do MTM as well?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Buying clothes is really personal, its about what the person style is like and how their body shape is. There are brands that have better fit on one person but not another. Also depends on their lifestyle, if they are adventurous or go to gym or if they need clothings to lounge around in at home. So basically you would need to go to different stores and see what style fits you and what you like. No one here can tell you to buy a certain brand because we dont know what style you like. Lululemon is great for people who are athletic or go to gym a lot or are in shape. If you are out of shape, then most lululemon clothings might not be the best fit for you because lululemon is marketed mainly as yoga wear or athletic wear so the fit would be best for slimmer guys.
Great points. I'm a dude. I have no style. I don't know what fits well, I don't know what I like. I'll need some workout gym hiking winter stuff as well as some suit and date/fancy stuff. I got back in shape this year by working hard in the kitchen and in the gym. Lulu I'm sure would be fine, I hear they make great casual pants. Oh, and I'm now in Kamloops and we literally have nothing. Will need to make a special trip to Van or the US at some point for clothes shopping. I'd feel really weird trying stuff on in a store. super self conscious, especially if I don't buy anything.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Much appreciated! This is awesome!! It's too bad I had to move out to Kamloops a few years ago, but this is a great list for when I'm in town next month. Been considering MTM suits - where do you go bespoke? I'm sure they'd do MTM as well?
For bespoke you can go to Harry Rosen, Zegna, Brunello Cucinelli, Holt Renfrew, Quorum Fashion, Surmesur, Tom James, Martin Fisher Tailors is not bad, and the prices for these will definitely vary based on your budget (like 10K+ to $1800). Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head at the moment mate, I am sure there are others, but it always boils down to fabric for how much higher it can go and of course, brands and their tailors. I am sure there are ones that will do it for less like Indochino, but you get what you pay for, have had enough bad experiences with them. They couldn’t do a simple pair of trousers from the measurements they took which weren’t great, I had to fight them on how to measure correctly. But my experience aside, I know a lot have had success with them. I go to Brunello and Zegna for mine down here, personally. Being new, I asked around the office and then just wandered around the “Fashion District” downtown Vancouver when I was very new to the city, saw some that I bought from before that I was happy to see in the city and mostly stuck to them.

I tend to test them out if I am curious about a new place, usually a bespoke shirt or trousers and see how that goes.

The biggest issue you’d run into mate is the timing for it all, from the basted fitting, forward fitting and final fitting, you’ll need to come back for both unless they have something that they have that is close to your measurements on hand to get you to try so you can just come back for the forward fitting and final fittings, although I have noticed it depends greatly on where you go for these as some that have a quicker turnover will just do your measurement, have a basted fitting with something on hand that is close to the measurement to save time, then will utilize the forward fitting as just options for customization you can pick and then final fitting. Otherwise, good luck mate!

Sorry mods for the off topic reply!

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Great points. I'm a dude. I have no style. I don't know what fits well, I don't know what I like. I'll need some workout gym hiking winter stuff as well as some suit and date/fancy stuff. I got back in shape this year by working hard in the kitchen and in the gym. Lulu I'm sure would be fine, I hear they make great casual pants. Oh, and I'm now in Kamloops and we literally have nothing. Will need to make a special trip to Van or the US at some point for clothes shopping. I'd feel really weird trying stuff on in a store. super self conscious, especially if I don't buy anything.
I am going to PM you to not derail this further.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
The places HOG mentions will likely give you massive sticker shock. A quick search of MTM suits gives an average price of about $550 / suit.

For the places mentioned, add another "0".

I'm from two camps on this topic. Much like HOG, I used to shop at all those places and spent up to $6k for a basic sport coat from Cucinelli. Don't get me wrong; it killed me to pay for that, but I have ones that I bought in 2008 that I still wear and are very fashionable.

But, and this is the big "but," I used to wear dress attire every day at work and probably three nights a week out. If you wear a suit a couple of times a year, do you need to spend $10k on it? No, absolutely not. You can buy a great suit that you can wear for a decade for under $1000 and look good in it. But if you have the money to blow on a decked-out wardrobe, go for it!

I've since moved to Saudi Arabia for work and no longer need to dress as I used to. I go to work in jeans most days. It's been a nice change. Now, I stare at my closet and wish I had that money wrapped up somewhere else!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad