Value of: Luke Glendening to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
huh? The Wings have 0 cap space right now. They literally cannot trade for Glendening for Petry unless some other moves are made. Offseason yes they can. Currently they cannot because they have 0 cap space. Not sure where you are getting that they have plenty of cap space this year (i.e. now).

Again. YOU ARE WRONG. Zetterberg and Franzen are on LTIR. That equals LOTS OF CAP SPACE. This isn't hard to figure out with like one second of research.

Whatever site you briefly glanced at isn't factoring in LTIR players. Its that simple. If you cared to actually do the math you'd see they have over 4 million in cap space this year (i.e. now).

Also for the record, I don't want Petry. Just pointing out the idiocy in all of the "derp no cap space" comments that keep popping up from people that are incapable of doing a tiny bit of research.

Reactions: Reddwit

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Ugh so yet another...

"We want your player"

"We don't want to get rid of him though, so it'll take an overpayment that you wouldn't want to give"

"You think he's worth WHAT>!>!?!"

Reactions: izlez

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
You don’t have capspace for Petry.your gm overpaid all of your forwards in the most inexplicable way.

Detroit has $3.1M in capspace. Spend some time on your research.

Red Wing fans need to temper their expectations. It is more than likely that no GM has interest in trading for Glenny. The market for 4C is very light.

The only playoff team that could potentially use him are the Habs. And I doubt MB would offer much more than a 3rd and low level prospect (like Mcshane).

Redwing fan dreans of netting Brook/Romanov are pipe dreams.

There have literally been GMs interested in trading for Glenny for two deadlines in a row now.

Preds are a cup contender who traded a 2nd for a better player than Glenny.

Habs are not a cup contender and won’t trade anything close to a better 2nd round pick (than the Preds) for a lesser player.

Glenny is a mediocre asset. A dime a dozen nhler. You pick those guys up for cheap in The offseason.

You talk so much for someone who has no idea what they're talking about. Literally from the mouth of TB coach John Cooper:

I don't know how to describe him. He's an extremely responsible player, and there's not a lot of guys out there like the Glendenings. He's done a heck of a job on our guys."

LOL! So we agree that the Habs would not deal away valuable players and oucks for 4C level players like Glenny.

Name a 4C who is top 10 in PKing, top 10 in faceoffs, a top hitter and shotblocker, is top 90 among Cs in ES points, ESTOI and TOI overall and who plays more at even strength than his team's 2C does. I'd love to know who is a "4C like Glenny."

huh? The Wings have 0 cap space right now. They literally cannot trade for Glendening for Petry unless some other moves are made. Offseason yes they can. Currently they cannot because they have 0 cap space. Not sure where you are getting that they have plenty of cap space this year (i.e. now).

Currently, they have $3.1M in cap space due to the LTIR salary relief pool.

What are you talking about? We would be better off just putting Poehling himself at 4C when his college season is done.

We already have Domi, Danault, and Kotka at C, Glendening isn't going to displace any of them, so he will be guaranteed 4C. Why have you offered all 4 of our top 4 prospects for a 4C? He's under 6 feet tall and scores at about a 20 point pace for his career. Being a RH shot is nice, and he is a fine player for what he is, but this is ludicrous.

Is Poehling going to shutdown the likes of John Tavares and Auston Matthews? Is he going to be taking all of your most important draws? Is he going to lead your team in shots blocked and hits?

But dude, this is Luke Glendenning. A 4C extraordinaire. Don't you give up high-end prospects for 4C players???

If this weren't a buyers market, a Glendening trade would be the NHL's best chance at seeing the Gaustad trade repeated.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Again, I never wanted or asked for him. Someone else did.

There's also no posts asking for him for free or for a mid pick. The offers I saw were for a 2nd or for Evans (Hobey Baker finalist last year) + 3rd.

Do you have any response that's based in reality or just more of the same?

Did Jake Evans go by a different name last year? Because I don't see his name on the list for Hobey Baker finalists.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
After all those years, still wonder why people bother proposing trades all the time when they just -know- they'll have stupid replies back.

LMAO It's mind boggling you think Romanov has the value of Larkin. Nice call Homer.

1. He doesn't think that.

2. He was mocking the absurd reply of another guy.

3. Sarcasm isn't for everyone, it seems.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
After all those years, still wonder why people bother proposing trades all the time when they just -know- they'll have stupid replies back.

1. He doesn't think that.

2. He was mocking the absurd reply of another guy.

3. Sarcasm isn't for everyone, it seems.

It is shocking how some posters are incapable of understanding 3) above. Perhaps too young?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Again. YOU ARE WRONG. Zetterberg and Franzen are on LTIR. That equals LOTS OF CAP SPACE. This isn't hard to figure out with like one second of research.

Whatever site you briefly glanced at isn't factoring in LTIR players. Its that simple. If you cared to actually do the math you'd see they have over 4 million in cap space this year (i.e. now).

Also for the record, I don't want Petry. Just pointing out the idiocy in all of the "derp no cap space" comments that keep popping up from people that are incapable of doing a tiny bit of research.

You are right. I looked at the wrong thing on cap friendly. Looked at projected cap space. My bad

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Preds are a cup contender who traded a 2nd for a better player than Glenny.

Habs are not a cup contender and won’t trade anything close to a better 2nd round pick (than the Preds) for a lesser player.

Glenny is a mediocre asset. A dime a dozen nhler. You pick those guys up for cheap in The offseason.

You're welcome to go find your own undrafted center. Nobody is stopping you.

HABSFTW

Jun 19, 2007
Thunder Bay
I don't think this is anything our GM is interested in. Our 4th line is ok for the most part. We aren't winning any cups this year, so I don't see us spending picks or prospects to upgrade it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad