Value of: Luke Glendening to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
It's amazing that it needs to be constantly repeated in every thread.

You're coming to us. Asking for a guy that we don't want to get rid of. That means you pay more than what you perceive as "fair value"

We don't have expectations on what Glendenning will bring, because we're not trying to get rid of him.

If we were creating threads saying "We want Romanov. Would Glendenning do it?" You'd have room to complain. But that is not what is happening here. Not even close. We'll keep our guy that we like

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Would Romanov or Josh Brook be enough?
I honestly don't know much about those players but from the looks of the other comments in this thread it would be too much of an overpayment. I just don't seen Holland moving Glendening for anything less than a late 1st tbh. Not saying he's worth that at all just I don't see Holland pulling the trigger otherwise.

Reactions: njx9

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I honestly don't know much about those players but from the looks of the other comments in this thread it would be too much of an overpayment. I just don't seen Holland moving Glendening for anything less than a late 1st tbh. Not saying he's worth that at all just I don't see Holland pulling the trigger otherwise.

How about Suzuki or Poehling + 3rd?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Jesus Christ. I knew that the Boyle's return would boost Redwings expectation as sellers but this is plain ridiculous asking for prospect like Brooks and Romanov.

Most of you are up for some disappointment.

I also thought that a 3rd pick + Evans would be quite a good return for Glendening. Evans should pan to be a good bottom 6 player like Glendening and you have a mid 3rd round pick on top of it.

To wings asking why would we want to move 3rd+evans instead of a 2nd pick ( since 3rd+evans > 2nd ) ; We have a good depth of centers and Poehling is coming in next year. Domi-Danault-Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Glendening

Montreal fans are in for the real disappointment based on what i'm reading about Romanov in this thread

blue chip prospect? didn't realize the league had dozens and dozens of those floating around

Reactions: Vachon23

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How about Suzuki or Poehling + 3rd?

What are you talking about? We would be better off just putting Poehling himself at 4C when his college season is done.

We already have Domi, Danault, and Kotka at C, Glendening isn't going to displace any of them, so he will be guaranteed 4C. Why have you offered all 4 of our top 4 prospects for a 4C? He's under 6 feet tall and scores at about a 20 point pace for his career. Being a RH shot is nice, and he is a fine player for what he is, but this is ludicrous.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What are you talking about? We would be better off just putting Poehling himself at 4C when his college season is done.

We already have Domi, Danault, and Kotka at C, Glendening isn't going to displace any of them, so he will be guaranteed 4C. Why have you offered all 4 of our top 4 prospects for a 4C? He's under 6 feet tall and scores at about a 20 point pace for his career. Being a RH shot is nice, and he is a fine player for what he is, but this is ludicrous.

But dude, this is Luke Glendenning. A 4C extraordinaire. Don't you give up high-end prospects for 4C players???

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Its the kind of move that says "whatever, I get paid the same whether or not I get fired"
He wanted to trade for a guy, but has now moved on to sarcastically beating down on the guy and saying he is worthless.

Standard HF trade board stuff. Nothing to see here.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He wanted to trade for a guy, but has now moved on to sarcastically beating down on the guy and saying he is worthless.

Standard HF trade board stuff. Nothing to see here.

I never wanted to trade for Glendening. Regardless, even the biggest homer needs to admit that he is not worth a top prospect.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I never wanted to trade for Glendening. Regardless, even the biggest homer needs to admit that he is not worth a top prospect.
Literally nobody said he is worth a top prospect.

That is around the cost it would take to pry him away from us, seeing as we really don't have that much interest in getting rid of him. IE, there is no deal to be made here

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Literally nobody said he is worth a top prospect.

That is around the cost it would take to pry him away from us, seeing as we really don't have that much interest in getting rid of him. IE, there is no deal to be made here

So why bother posting some inflammatory price that is guaranteed to start an argument? This excuse is so weak every time it comes up.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
So why bother posting some inflammatory price that is guaranteed to start an argument? This excuse is so weak every time it comes up.

What would be the asking price from Redwings to acquire Luke?

The price was asked. The price was given. Sorry you don't like it.

And to make sure we're on the same page, the guy that said "Suzuki, Poehling + 3rd for Glendening" is a Montreal fan trolling us saying we want a 2nd or a 3rd and a good prospect. THAT is not the price

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
So why bother making posts for players you want but expect to get them for basically free ... if we asked for a second last year from Toronto why would we trade him to you guys for a mid round pick , considering how easy it is to get 4th line guys go ask other teams, I’m sure you can pry zach kassian from Edmonton , you guys are familiar with him already

L.a is dead last so go ask for Nate Thompson .... here just did your job for you bergevin has friends in Chicago , go get Marcus Kruger ...done and done

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So why bother making posts for players you want but expect to get them for basically free ... if we asked for a second last year from Toronto why would we trade him to you guys for a mid round pick , considering how easy it is to get 4th line guys go ask other teams, I’m sure you can pry zach kassian from Edmonton , you guys are familiar with him already

L.a is dead last so go ask for Nate Thompson

Again, I never wanted or asked for him. Someone else did.

There's also no posts asking for him for free or for a mid pick. The offers I saw were for a 2nd or for Evans (Hobey Baker finalist last year) + 3rd.

Do you have any response that's based in reality or just more of the same?

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012

There's also no posts asking for him for free or for a mid pick. The offers I saw were for a 2nd or for Evans (Hobey Baker finalist last year) + 3rd.

A 4th line center was traded for a 2nd round center 2 days ago.

This is our 3rd/4th line center. That we like. That we have signed for a couple more years. We view that as a good thing. Because we like him.

But asking for a 2nd rounder is just an "inflammatory price"?

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019

If this hobey baker guy was so good he’d be playing with you guys , we’re not interested in him and that’s reality.

since 4th line scrubs are a dime a dozen and all the same then make a thread asking for Kruger I think that’s more realistic and achievable trade considering bergevins connections with Chicago. That’s a trade I can see happening by deadline day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad