Value of: Luke Glendening to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
We, Habs fan, were talking about our needs and thought that Glendening would fit pretty well for our 4th line.

What would be the asking price from Redwings to acquire Luke?

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
We, Habs fan, were talking about our needs and thought that Glendening would fit pretty well for our 4th line.

What would be the asking price from Redwings to acquire Luke?

Best player for Montreal to trade for just got shipped to Nashville. I don't think Glendening is the guy this team needs.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Brian Boyle was the perfect fit, of course. But Glendening would also be a clear upgrade on Chaput, whom has been a weak link on our team for weeks now.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
For Romanov

tired_spongebob.w700.h700.jpg

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I don’t think Detroit is interested in moving Glendening. Last year the rumor was they might have asked for Kapanen. I think they really value his work ethic and leadership with the young kids. I’d assume at least a 2nd round pick would be involved. There really is no pressure to move him. For example, as an excellent face off guy, they might find more value in keeping him to mentor guys like Rasmussen and Veleno. Larkin’s faceoff ability has improved greatly every year

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
3rd rounder is more than fair for Glendening, however if someone is willing to give more that is great! I don't foresee Holland moving him though.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I dont think we want to move Glendening but his value on the market should be somewhere around a 2nd, 3rd or middling prospect I guess.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
The red wings are using Glendening currently as their 3rd line C.

Ideally i suppose he is a 4th line C on a good team. He is amazing on draws, good PK guy, overall coaches love this guy.

I think the asking price (realistically) is a 2nd round pick. If that sounds too steep, i'm sure Detroit is happy to keep this guy (as hes signed for 2 more years after this one at 1.8M.

Considering how Holland Operates... He would probably ask for more than a 2nd alone, because Glendening is a 3 year player, not a rental. I am sure this is how he convinced Vegas to pay for Tatar, since Tatar was not a UFA. No one has ever accused Holland of being Savy with his assets, he will almost always re-sign a player if he is useful on the team. So i have to imagine in reality, IF we see glendening traded (THIS SEASON) it would be for a 2nd + B Prospect. On HFBoards, no one will pay that price I expect. And probably no GM in the NHL either. Detroit just likes this guy.

P.S. in 3 years, glendening may be all washed up, and also may no longer have any value.. but thats not how Holland thinks about things. No matter how much our fans want to just say "Zadina/Veleno top 6 next year".. thats not how the Red Wings bring up prospects. Much more likely They are brought up as bottom 6 players, and Glendening is moved up the lineup. Our fans will complain about it... but there is 1 thing that is unlikely to happen in detroit. None of our kids are likely to be played top line minutes when they do not deserveit, and thus are very unlikely to be massively overpaid in their 2nd contract. There is a method to his veteran madness, but no one at HFBoards will agree with it LOL.

Summary:
I'd sell Glendening for a 2nd.
Holland will ask more.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
3rd pick + Jake Evans ?
I was thinking ylonen but we need more d prospects on our team so probably more like 3rd and josh brook

Unfortunately I don’t think we’re willing to trade luke to Montreal or anyone at this time

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Glenny was a rental i might consider a 3rd. His contract term and 1.8M aav kills it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad