Confirmed with Link: Lucas Raymond signs 8 year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'm betting that Seider gets 8.75-9.25m per year.
nervous-in-contestants-row1.jpg

And I'm betting he gets 8.76-9.26m per year.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I think it's fair, on both sides. If I'm honest I didn't expect 8 years, or 8 million but its ok. Raymonds agent did very well.

I'm expecting anywhere from 9.5-8.5 for Seider, 8 years.

Kirill Kaprizov too for dominos and chiclets.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I am bias. No question there, if Ray maintains last years play... it's a deal in 3 or 4 years when the cap increases again. If he takes another step, which logically he should... it's a bargain if he is putting up 80 points with 2 way play. Absolutely pumped to have him locked up!

Oh and if Mo signs under Larkins hit, Yzerman nailed it.

Reactions: wingerdinger

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I bet this is where the SJS future consideration kicks in and they take Husso off us for his last year.

Literally every time someone wants something to happen. I bet this is where those shifty little future considerations comes in. Lmao. I think those considerations are nothing. It's like buying drapes for $1

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Literally every time someone wants something to happen. I bet this is where those shifty little future considerations comes in. Lmao. I think those considerations are nothing. It's like buying drapes for $1

the best part is we'll never actually know for sure so we might be talking about in 20 years how this time it's future considerations time for real and we're gonna see a 2045 first round pick swap

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I like the deal, I do, but instead of crowning it a bargain or deal, can we just be happy he's signed and wait till we're actually sure he'll be better than Alex DeBrincat?(I think he is, but Debrincat is a two time 40 goal scorer...) It's a fair and it's awesome!
EDIT* ;)

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I like the deal, I do, but instead of crowning it a bargain or deal, can we just be happy he's signed and wait till we're actually sure he'll be better than Alex DeBrincat? It's a fair and it's awesome!

Might have been Draper... Maltby was an actual trade. ;)

Ya I fixed it. Shhhh

• Haha
Reactions: Snuggs

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So now can y'all shut the hell up about "OH MY GOD, IT'S NOT SIGNED AND THEY'RE DUE TO TRAVERSE CITY?!"

I mean Seider still hasn't signed yet :naughty:

for real though personally I was mostly upset about people attacking others for being worried over a perfectly reasonable thing to be worried about since camp is in 2 days(I even said I still thought it was a tossup that they would still get signed early this week before camp a few days ago)

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
the best part is we'll never actually know for sure so we might be talking about in 20 years how this time it's future considerations time for real and we're gonna see a 2045 first round pick swap

Yzerman actually locked in a 5.25% interest rate on the future considerations, so every year that San Jose doesn’t pay us what’s owed they have to consider doing it 5.25% harder than they did the year before.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I mean Seider still hasn't signed yet :naughty:

for real though personally I was only ever upset about people attacking others for being worried over a perfectly reasonable thing to be worried about since camp is in 2 days(I even said I still thought it was a tossup that they would still get signed early this week before camp a few days ago)

Yeah, this was just one of the few times in my sports life that I had absolutely no worries it would get done. The comparables were too obvious. The agents and Yzerman were playing chicken. They probably had a loose framework constructed a month ago and were playing the most passive aggressive waiting game in the world to see if the other would blink.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I am bias. No question there, if Ray maintains last years play... it's a deal in 3 or 4 years when the cap increases again. If he takes another step, which logically he should... it's a bargain if he is putting up 80 points with 2 way play. Absolutely pumped to have him locked up!

Oh and if Mo signs under Larkins hit, Yzerman nailed it.
We have to define what we mean by "last year's play", he took a big step and was a much different player on April 15th 2024 than he was on October 1st 2023. If he continues from where he left off, it's already a good deal. Anything more (and I think there's a lot more) is just pure gravy.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah, this was just one of the few times in my sports life that I had absolutely no worries it would get done. The comparables were too obvious. The agents and Yzerman were playing chicken. They probably had a loose framework constructed a month ago and were playing the most passive aggressive waiting game in the world to see if the other would blink.

I mostly agree but it wouldn't be the first time a game of chicken went too far and I wouldn't have been at all surprised if they had missed a week or two of camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad