HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Possibly Harris and maybe a 1st according to LeBrun. But no one else was going to offer what the Sharks did.
That would be plausible. When we were all waiting for the Laine trade to happen, Nashville was just getting offers for Askarov. Habs offer was just not quite good enough, then they turned around and got Laine. There had to be a center going the other way with Harris though.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
An interesting trade would be Newhook+ for Mercer if Devils can't agree on a contract with him. Ideally, it would instead be something like Dvorak (50% retained)+Flames 1st+ instead and giving us a forward core of:

CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Mercer
Roy-Newhook-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

but I doubt the Devils wants picks/prospects.

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
An interesting trade would be Newhook+ for Mercer if Devils can't agree on a contract with him. Ideally, it would instead be something like Dvorak (50% retained)+Flames 1st+ instead and giving us a forward core of:

CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Mercer
Roy-Newhook-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

but I doubt the Devils wants picks/prospects.
It would also be interesting because Im almost positive that would be the first time in NHL history, two players both from Newfoundland, would be traded for each other.

• Wow
Reactions: TesseractPrice

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Just a guess but Harris + Primeau plus something. The timeline of the laine trade I believe is q couple days after askarov.

I'm skeptical. I suspect that if Hughes makes such insulting offers he'll start grating other GMs. I don't actually know the social dynamics of that crowd but that's what I would guess, that it's a bad move to offer a penny for a dollar.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trotz was an idiot. He brought in Wedgewood to back up Saros. They would still have had a better to chance to win this season with Askarov asthe backup. If Saros goes down they are done. Not winning with a mediocre Wedgewood.

Doubtful, it was probably Beck + Calgary/Florida 1st + a non-Fowler G prospect based on comparables for the trade they actually made.
I highly doubt anything close to that was offered. LeBrun said no one else was close to SJ offer.
Edit: Maybe something like that but a lesser forward than Beck.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Trotz was an idiot. He brought in Wedgewood to back up Saros. They would still have had a better to chance to win this season with Askarov asthe backup. If Saros goes down they are done. Not winning with a mediocre Wedgewood.
Trotz has been trying to trade Askarov since he was named GM of the Preds. There is something there we don't know about.

Reactions: BLONG7

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Who's to say they wouldn't trade for a cheaper goalie to hold the fort in that case? I can't think of many teams not missing a beat if they lose their 2nd/3rd best player to an injury.
But they aren't likely to find one as good as Askarov. Now if he wasn't going to settle for being the backup there was a problem.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I'm skeptical. I suspect that if Hughes makes such insulting offers he'll start grating other GMs. I don't actually know the social dynamics of that crowd but that's what I would guess, that it's a bad move to offer a penny for a dollar.
Imagine a GM offering a D man who at best is a #4 along with a backup goalie for a "possible" top 10 starting G - and yet there are posters in here thinking thats all it would take? Lol... good grief.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Askarov might be more skilled then Fowler today but theres something about Fowler’s mentality i would not trade that guy like he said in his interview hes been proving people wrong his whole life i think he will be a good goalie for us
Fowler has yet to prove anything at a professional level, and since iyr window opens up next year, i'd gladly trade Fowler for Askarov (is he signed a reasonable 7 year term). Maybe Fowler becomes the better goalie? Maybe.. but next year we are ready to contend, and Monty better be ready bc id hate to see us enter the playoffs without a stud 1G

Reactions: ArtPeur

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Newhook for Cernak
No need to trade for Cernak now. Bolts have 2-3 more years and they will be done. At that time, he might be a good addition, but there are several question marks. He suffered several injuries, even concussions I guess. His body definitely paid a toll for those SC runs. He is 27 and still has 7y x 5,2M which might be little overpaid considering the fact he cannot play full 82 games.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
lol I know its bold :) I don't make many or any at all actually.

I watched most of Fowler's games last year and I have full faith in him, more so than any of our prospects except Hutson and Demidov. He has the same thing the other two have, a desire to be the best, to grab the spotlight and be the man in his position, no matter how hard they have to work at it.

Askarov is an inconsistent hothead who hasn't shown up in the playoffs in the AHL:

That clip is in the playoffs btw. Anyways I don't like arguing lol. Askarov will proof me right, I am 100% certain. Immature, inconsistent hothead who has not ived up to his potential and is living on draft reputation. As I said, Primeau has better AHL Stats than ASkarov in a MUCH worst team.

Reminds me of Hextall losing it on Chelios. What a idiot he was, if Askarov is of the same ilk, no thank you. I wouldn't trade Fowler for him either. Hextall belonged in Philly, God I hate that franchise.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HomaridII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad