Low Effort GDT Lowest effort GDT - Sens in Vegas

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Honestly f*** Stone.

Brady and Cousins was not good this game.

They needed a save.Green has the team 4-3 and he’s had 2 decent starts from his goalies. Things are going well.

Vegas got the late game PP call because they are Vegas and refs like free tickets to Vegas games. And we didn’t get the saved we needed.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Giroux with another monster game. Can we book a hotel for him when we're back home so he can continue getting his beauty sleep away from the baby?

We're missing the ability to slow the game down when we need it. I've said it before, but I want to see the PMDs skating the puck out of the zone instead of constantly going with the short passes. Getting Zub back should help.

Reactions: maclean

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Travis Green still under the hood of this team in 2 major areas.

Sens dashboard the 2 lights that are flashing red right now are goaltending and their road record, solve either problem and we cruise to the playoffs. If the team don’t solve either goaltending or the road record the season will only be fun for alcoholics.

The thing that drives me crazy about this team the last 7 years is their road record and their general road game and this season we are 1-2, BUT i’m optimistic.

I liked their road game vs Vegas and of course excellent versus Poo-tah. Game management and goaltending were bad last night but weren’t bad like it was the last 7 years cringy bad, to me that’s hockey in 2024. Jacques Martin’s teams wins that game 99 times out of 100, in todays NHL your team can be flat for 55 minutes and can playwell for 5 minutes and win a hockey game because the goalies suddenly all look vulnerable and small and it’s an offence driven league especially early in the season.

Road record, goaltending and game management are the three things flashing red on Travis Greens dashboard right now. Everything else is green - PP, PK, playoff position, offense, goal differential, shot differential, depth, line chemistry (although the top line looks flat to me since pre season even if they are producing), work ethic, size, speed of play, the D.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think the analytical stats say differently.
I’m interested but not interested. I know what I’ve seen 9 times out of 10. Empty net goals and game out of reach.
It’s not like you don’t have a chance to come back if you don’t pull the goalie. You’re just playing with fire when you do that. If you leave 5 guys out there and the goalie they’re still pushing like crazy out there. They’ll still get offensive end time.
So even if a team does comeback and win with the goalie out…you can’t prove that they wouldn’t have done it with the goalie in as well.

Imo it’s a dumb move. Way too risky for the very small advantage.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
This game was the first I remember in I don't know how many years where Ottawa blew the lead and I wasn't enraged. They played a really good game against a tough team that knows how to win in their building, and showed they can go toe to toe with them.

Sure there's elements to complain about, but I loved how they played and I'm starting to have confidence this team is finally turning a corner

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The 4th and 5th were stoppable.

Our PK is hopeless without Pinto and Zub. If we lose on Sunday this season will start looking very familiar.
That bang bang 4th goal is stoppable? He was in the right position . The rest is up to chance

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You can be upset and mad at the result. Hell i said maybe 30 f bombs. But just rewind the game in your head. Tell me the last time Ottawa didn’t fold in the 2nd period on the road. The last time they outshot an elite team 23-13 after the first. On the road . They gave them nothing in the 3rd. Without Zub and Pinto, this team showed some promising depth.

Now, a bad penalty it was. But Sanderson had a bad night. It happens, and always happens after the media start hyping him up…don’t know why.

Ullmark will be fine. That 2nd goal off Sandy was laughingly lucky. And that really was the difference.

Cousins was a little aggressive in interfering , but why doesn’t anyone talk about how Amadio was wiped out of the play leading up to the 5th goal? Vegas was extremely lucky with a fluke goal and a blown call that lead to the winning goal.

If they play like they did last night…on the road, this team will win 45 games

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I just watched the highlights. As we know Gaudette has an awesome shot, quick hands and scored two goals. Nice to see production from our 4th line center.Thats a positive. At 28 maybe Gaudette is a late bloomer. His 44 goal season last year in the AHL has boosted his confidence. He won the Hobey Baker Award in 2018.
Hopefully his second time playing with the Sens will be the charm.

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Keeping a lead and closing out games is still a major concern for this Team

I am not sure how they will manage to win games consistently later down the season with the pressure being 10 times more

I wont use the word should've, because this is the game they needed to win for their own sakes. Failing to build any winning characteristic habits

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Rough game for Sanderson.

They don’t happen often, thankfully.

If we’re just going to match minutes we need to put Jenson on the top pair on this road trip. Can’t have Hamonic playing 20+ minutes against the stars of the West. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Good teams will continue to play rope-a-dope with Ottawa until we learn how to do it our selves and our "all star" players turn into real superstars.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I’m interested but not interested. I know what I’ve seen 9 times out of 10. Empty net goals and game out of reach.
It’s not like you don’t have a chance to come back if you don’t pull the goalie. You’re just playing with fire when you do that. If you leave 5 guys out there and the goalie they’re still pushing like crazy out there. They’ll still get offensive end time.
So even if a team does comeback and win with the goalie out…you can’t prove that they wouldn’t have done it with the goalie in as well.

Imo it’s a dumb move. Way too risky for the very small advantage.

I agree. Statistically makes no sense.

Especially when goals are part of the tie break process. To save a season at the end of the year or a playoff game? Maybe.

But over the course of the year? No way. I'm not giving up like 10-15 freebies like that.

It is game 8 of the season.

Fair, but this is around the time where the sens generally start to crap the bed. We've done our 4-2s to start the season before. It's what comes at the end of October and into November.

Reactions: BigRig4

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Feels like we’ve played pretty badly defending leads this year and been lucky our goalies have made key saves late. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call that you can’t just go into a shell with 15 minutes left.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Feels like we’ve played pretty badly defending leads this year and been lucky our goalies have made key saves late. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call that you can’t just go into a shell with 15 minutes left.
Don’t feel the team overall is “bad”, if we get 5 more saves over the last 2 games we’d be 5-2

Reactions: BigRig4

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Don’t feel the team overall is “bad”, if we get 5 more saves over the last 2 games we’d be 5-2

Honestly, if only we got a little over 3 more saves per game which is barely any, we would be 7-0 with 7 shutouts.

We're so close to being perfect defensively.

Reactions: Tuna99

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Very disappointing finish and loss.
Cousins late interference was a poor decision.. there were other poor plays in our end that led to goals
Hamonic poor positioning on the 5th goal
Stoppable shot on the 5th goal
Giveaways and getting the puck out when we had control seemed problematic on a few shifts.

Sens played a good game through most of it and had chances to extend their lead in the 3rd
I think they missed Pinto, Zub and Perron in this one.

Reactions: DrEasy and PlayOn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Damn. That game really f***ing hurt.

Very disappointing finish and loss.
Cousins late interference was a poor decision.. there were other poor plays in our end that led to goals
Hamonic poor positioning on the 5th goal
Stoppable shot on the 5th goal
Giveaways and getting the puck out when we had control seemed problematic on a few shifts.

Sens played a good game through most of it and had chances to extend their lead in the 3rd
I think they missed Pinto, Zub and Perron in this one.
Yeah. Vegas was also giving stuff up at the other end. We just flat out lost a hard fought game by both clubs in not so great fashion.

I wonder if Perron gets moved up to the top line.

Amadio gives them nothing offensively and neither does cousins.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That one going to haunt us comes april
Book it

Also rare bad games from Tkatchuk and Jake at the same time

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Watch Tkachuk and Stutzle on Roy's goal. Chabot rotates out high on Pietrangelo.. 3:11
1729956621199.png

Roy skates right through Stutzle and Tkachuk 3:12

1729956748254.png

3:13 Brady decides he should go help out at the blue line.. Stutzle follows the puck; Roy fills the hole

1729957139233.png

3:14 Everybody is wondering where he came from and how he got left all alone

1729957250158.png

Just poor awareness from Stutzle and Tkachuk ,,, and poor communication.

Attachments

• 1729957129775.png
    1729957129775.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Tied or leading for 55 minutes in one of the toughest buildings in the league and not getting a point really hurts.
Ya, they played a pretty good game until the last minutes of the 3rd period but couldn’t hold back the surge from VGK. Oh well. I think they’ll win their share of games with the same kind of performance they had last night. Pinto & Zub were out although I’m usually reluctant to mention injuries because there’s always injuries and teams still need find a way to adapt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad