OT: Lounge (Read OP).

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Wasn’t sure where to post this, but figure it might work here… I recently moved to the northern Jersey area and found out the other night that Rangers games are blacked out on ESPN+. I don’t have cable here, so to get past this, is getting a VPN the simplest solution? MSG+ is way too expensive when I already have other streaming services. Sorry if a dumb question, but wanted to make sure I had this sorted out before the season starts. Thanks.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
In a span of a week, I had to put my beloved 15-year-old Rat Terrier to sleep and then unexpectedly had to have open heart surgery.

My dad went through the same combination years ago. Many people feel a bit down after heart surgery so to deal with a pets death at the same time is rough. Really hope you are okay and heal up fast.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
In a span of a week, I had to put my beloved 15-year-old Rat Terrier to sleep and then unexpectedly had to have open heart surgery.
Damn, that's a tough stretch to deal with all at once. I'm sorry you're going through it. Hope you're well on the road to recovery.

I recently decided to start researching psychiatrists to possibly get a diagnosis. When I came across the term for what I suspect I might have and saw the symptoms/usual traits, I almost cried because I never realized there was an actual diagnosis/name for this specific group of traits. I was excited to tell some close friends because holy f***, what I've been feeling for 20-25 years hasn't been bullshit and "bad habits" (entirely). Their responses have been off-putting to say the least, and it has come from people I've known for nearly my entire life. It's made me reconsider sharing anything more serious with a few of them anymore. Lots of "Nah I don't think you are", "Bro you seem pretty level-headed to me!", "What even makes you think you have that? I don't see it", "Ahh, good old self-diagnosis". One person responded with compassion and understanding. I'd like to think I'm pretty rational and honest with my self-evaluation, and with nearly a quarter century of data collection I feel like I have accurate descriptions of what I've lived with. Either way I'm excited to be able to see a doctor and start working toward feeling like a functioning, productive human for once in my adult life. Next hurdle is just making the call.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Damn, that's a tough stretch to deal with all at once. I'm sorry you're going through it. Hope you're well on the road to recovery.

I recently decided to start researching psychiatrists to possibly get a diagnosis. When I came across the term for what I suspect I might have and saw the symptoms/usual traits, I almost cried because I never realized there was an actual diagnosis/name for this specific group of traits. I was excited to tell some close friends because holy f***, what I've been feeling for 20-25 years hasn't been bullshit and "bad habits" (entirely). Their responses have been off-putting to say the least, and it has come from people I've known for nearly my entire life. It's made me reconsider sharing anything more serious with a few of them anymore. Lots of "Nah I don't think you are", "Bro you seem pretty level-headed to me!", "What even makes you think you have that? I don't see it", "Ahh, good old self-diagnosis". One person responded with compassion and understanding. I'd like to think I'm pretty rational and honest with my self-evaluation, and with nearly a quarter century of data collection I feel like I have accurate descriptions of what I've lived with. Either way I'm excited to be able to see a doctor and start working toward feeling like a functioning, productive human for once in my adult life. Next hurdle is just making the call.
Good on you for seeking out help.

As far telling people in your inner circle, that's a sticky wicket. I had similar feelings when I began evolving mentally in my late 20s, early 30s. I was excited to share my enthusiasm with close friends & family members, not realizing they weren't experiencing the awakening I was going through. You soon realize who you can talk to about this stuff & who it's wasted on. Don't let it deter you, brother.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Good on you for seeking out help.

As far telling people in your inner circle, that's a sticky wicket. I had similar feelings when I began evolving mentally in my late 20s, early 30s. I was excited to share my enthusiasm with close friends & family members, not realizing they weren't experiencing the awakening I was going through. You soon realize who you can talk to about this stuff & who it's wasted on. Don't let it deter you, brother.
Honestly it encouraged me even more to follow through. In days past I would end up feeling more dejected after the responses I got, but my internal feeling/thought each time was "What do you know?" I wasn't expecting an outpouring of sympathy or anything, but I did think I would get even some light support/acknowledgement from people I've known for decades and like to say they're "there" for their friends. But I think those conversations made me realize that I can give myself that support by finally getting some help on my own.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad