Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can we not just meet in the middle and hate that we lost both of those prospects?

It would've really been nice to watch both continue to grow in Edmonton with the normal post-ELC contracts that everyone else gets.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Listening to some GYB podcast from yesterday.. wow Rob Brown hates Lavoie way too much.
Seems like a cocky know it all who doesn’t know much at all

Reactions: foshizzle

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Can we not just meet in the middle and hate that we lost both of those prospects?

It would've really been nice to watch both continue to grow in Edmonton with the normal post-ELC contracts that everyone else gets.
Yeah, unfortunately both agent and players were greedy and didn't want to be a part of it. It is what it is. I'm much more sour about losing Holloway tbh

Listening to some GYB podcast from yesterday.. wow Rob Brown hates Lavoie way too much.
Yeah that's Rob Brown to a tee

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Rob Brown's monotone voice =
night-sleep.gif

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Boqvist can not stay healthy. My god. First game in Florida and he tries to block a clearing attempt with his face.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, Brobergs been getting absolutely owned in this game, and scored on a shot that shouldnt beat a NHL goalie.

If anything this game is proving hes not worth his 4.6m
He scored 1 goal and he was +1. He played over 20 minutes and his team won the game. Sorry How does that prove he's not worth 4.6 mill? Lol

Broberg and Faulk were not good today.

The goal he scored, Grubauer should have had.

Feel any better?
Faulk had 2 assists and played the most. His team won the game. Maybe focus on everything and not just analytics lol

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
And you wonder why people think you over react about everything.
Lol it's how I am. I won't deny that and I think I'll just stay like that ahaha. I won't lie lol its hard to not overreact when you see your favourite prospect and then favourite Dman bail on your team and contribute positively on another team. It's disheartening lol

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Which makes sense. With a last minute illness we can either go 11-7 or 12-6. Far better than 13-5. Especially if Ekholm is the man out.
I do wonder what happens if anyone gets injured. Our whole calculation depends on keeping that cap space and most definitely not using LTIR. It seems unlikely that we accrue the full amount possible.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately both agent and players were greedy and didn't want to be a part of it. It is what it is. I'm much more sour about losing Holloway tbh

Yeah that's Rob Brown to a tee
He talks so different on GYB saying things like "I won't panic if Oilers start off terrible in the first 20 games." Then he says stuff like "Oilers have to start off good this year" on Oilers Now.

Is he lying? Changing his stance? Or just going Full Spector?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
There's no first dibs according to the puckpedia guy who was on ON this morning. He goes back down the waiver wire based on last season's reg standings. Oilers are near the last teams to pick.
I heard from another host that Oilers would get first crack at him. I trust Hart more so we will go with what he said

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
He scored 1 goal and he was +1. He played over 20 minutes and his team won the game. Sorry How does that prove he's not worth 4.6 mill? Lol

Faulk had 2 assists and played the most. His team won the game. Maybe focus on everything and not just analytics lol
You keep denouncing analytics and I’m not sure why. These aren’t magic numbers- they literally are a count of what is happening. Broberg scored a goal today- but if the chances are 12-1 for the opposition when he is on the ice- is he a good defenseman because he scored or is he bad because the other team got tons of chances when he is on the ice (not saying that happened- just making up a hypothetical). Analytic folks know that eventually, other teams will score way more when he is on the ice than his team will score.

You need both. Eyes and analytics. Eyes have biases- numbers do not.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

league was never going to let that happen
I do wonder what happens if anyone gets injured. Our whole calculation depends on keeping that cap space and most definitely not using LTIR. It seems unlikely that we accrue the full amount possible.
finally someone is talking sense

dylagierda

Oct 8, 2024
Can’t help but laugh. They could both play terrible for the most part but also score a hat trick each on us this season.
I watched the Blues games tonight and made an account after years of lurking specifically to mention how angry I am at this management group.

Broberg was the Blues best defenceman tonight. He has a confidence in his game that our group failed to help instill in him. He is playing on his proper side with a clear goal in mind on how to be successful. Playing the puck with confidence, rushing, nice passes. Huge, looking stronger. Maybe he just so happened to gain some maturity this offseason, but he looks like he is a legit staple, no brainer top 4 defenceman (after one game). He may have been pricey but it really sucks that he is not playing with us because we're forced to play Nurse in that spot.

Holloway started off playing 1LW, and finished playing 2C. His game has raised itself to another level and he is a surefire middle six NHL player at the moment. Looked dangerous. Watching Jeff Skinner at camp, I am really disappointed we chose to let Holloway walk and take Skinner at that price as well. Holloway is the better player.

Maybe there wasn't room to give them a proper chance, but they both looked very impressive not only in preseason games (I watched most of the Blues out of curiosity), but tonight in game 1.

Especially Broberg. I won't get into what-ifs etc but it's sad we didn't find a way to keep this guy. He looked great in the playoffs when we elevated him and that play has only got better this preseason and season.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You keep denouncing analytics and I’m not sure why. These aren’t magic numbers- they literally are a count of what is happening. Broberg scored a goal today- but if the chances are 12-1 for the opposition when he is on the ice- is he a good defenseman because he scored or is he bad because the other team got tons of chances when he is on the ice (not saying that happened- just making up a hypothetical). Analytic folks know that eventually, other teams will score way more when he is on the ice than his team will score.

You need both. Eyes and analytics. Eyes have biases- numbers do not.
Man I'm not denouncing them. I work with analytics everyday. But we can't just be reliant on just them and not eyes

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I watched the Blues games tonight and made an account after years of lurking specifically to mention how angry I am at this management group.

Broberg was the Blues best defenceman tonight. He has a confidence in his game that our group failed to help instill in him. He is playing on his proper side with a clear goal in mind on how to be successful. Playing the puck with confidence, rushing, nice passes. Huge, looking stronger. Maybe he just so happened to gain some maturity this offseason, but he looks like he is a legit staple, no brainer top 4 defenceman (after one game). He may have been pricey but it really sucks that he is not playing with us because we're forced to play Nurse in that spot.

Holloway started off playing 1LW, and finished playing 2C. His game has raised itself to another level and he is a surefire middle six NHL player at the moment. Looked dangerous. Watching Jeff Skinner at camp, I am really disappointed we chose to let Holloway walk and take Skinner at that price as well. Holloway is the better player.

Maybe there wasn't room to give them a proper chance, but they both looked very impressive not only in preseason games (I watched most of the Blues out of curiosity), but tonight in game 1.

Especially Broberg. I won't get into what-ifs etc but it's sad we didn't find a way to keep this guy. He looked great in the playoffs when we elevated him and that play has only got better this preseason and season.
No worries. We have Kulak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad