OT: Lounge (Read OP).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
This is the problem having animals. They usually have a lot less in numbers of years than us. I've been through a number of cats and dogs and they all have their own personalities and it always rips me apart when their time comes. The every day attachment can make a bond between the person and the animal that is stronger than to most other humans even friends and close relatives sometimes if they're not that much in your day to day life.

There really isn't that much to say. Losing someone really close whether a person or an animal is as hard as anything I've been through and is something that has to be endured and takes time to get over. There really isn't any way to avoid that.......so you have my sympathy.
Thank You! Sadly, loss of those closest to our hearts is something we all deal with eventually, I’ve endured the loss of pets and family before but this is hitting me harder and I think it’s because of that bond you alluded to, he’s there for me and I’m there for him everyday and getting over that will be the hardest part!

Not ready to throw in the towel yet though, he’s fighting and I’m fighting to do all we can!

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Thank You! Sadly, loss of those closest to our hearts is something we all deal with eventually, I’ve endured the loss of pets and family before but this is hitting me harder and I think it’s because of that bond you alluded to, he’s there for me and I’m there for him everyday and getting over that will be the hardest part!

Not ready to throw in the towel yet though, he’s fighting and I’m fighting to do all we can!
Here's a picture of my Clyde that I mentioned earlier:

0130160950.jpg

savebyrichter94

Sep 14, 2008
PA
Here's a picture of my Clyde that I mentioned earlier:

View attachment 903905
He was a very handsome boy and he was lucky to have you! Thank you again for sharing!

A little update on Prince:

He has stage 2 kidney disease and we’re following a plan laid out by the vet to get him back to wanting to eat and get him back to feeling more like himself

Prescription kidney diet, subcutaneous fluids, an appetite stimulant etc

We don’t quit, we overcome!

Thank you all so much!

savebyrichter94

Sep 14, 2008
PA
I had to do the hardest thing I’ve ever done today and say goodbye to my cat Prince, I’m heartbroken and devastated

To everyone here who liked my previous posts about him and/or took the time to respond with something supportive, thank you so much!

Goodnight Sweet Prince! All the moments we shared together will last a lifetime!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I had to do the hardest thing I’ve ever done today and say goodbye to my cat Prince, I’m heartbroken and devastated

To everyone here who liked my previous posts about him and/or took the time to respond with something supportive, thank you so much!

Goodnight Sweet Prince! All the moments we shared together will last a lifetime!
I'm sorry. It's never easy. ☹️

Reactions: bernmeister

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thank you! This one really hurts for sure!
I understand. When I miss my dad a lot I think of something I read that helps me.

It says death is nothing at all. I have only slipped in to the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other we still are. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you. Somewhere very near. Right around the corner. All is well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad