OT: Lounge (Read OP).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m about $2500 from being debt free despite also being dirt broke. Have abstained from using any credit or loans throughout this entire ordeal, so that’s been a silver lining.

Picking up Henry tomorrow morning and have had him a ton of the time which is also fun. He’s so big now and such a cool little dude. Just a happy, happy child.

I have a final interview for a sales role with a company that mostly does warehouse build outs (pallet racking, forklifts, industrial fans, LED fit-outs, etc.) and liquidations. I’m fairly confident I’ll get the role, and while the base is decent, I think the potential commissions could be great, so that’s a potential life line coming soon. In fact, it’s a national firm, so if any of y’all have large warehouses that utilize racking or pick modules, various forklifts, etc. or are in liquidating large warehouses, let me know!

Otherwise mostly quiet… obviously without work and income dating is pretty much off the table, but I have caught the eye of a very sweet and attractive lady who seems to want to pursue me, despite my current situation, and I’m pretty open to taking her out and seeing where it goes. Too old to take my time wallowing in misery.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Anything interesting going on for you guys? Dating? Cars? Money? Family?
I went on a date a couple weeks ago and it reiterated to myself that I'm not really in a space to be dating, and that I just need a cat instead.

Also just started a new job last month and got my first couple of checks this month. I almost cried both times. Professionally and internally/emotionally, the first half of this year was absolute shit. The second half is looking - and more importantly, feeling - terrific on all fronts.

Tomorrow I'm going to see King Gizzard at Forrest Hills and I'm not as excited as I know I should be. Once I get myself there I'm sure it will hit me. I have an extra ticket if anyone wants. :laugh:

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I’m about $2500 from being debt free despite also being dirt broke. Have abstained from using any credit or loans throughout this entire ordeal, so that’s been a silver lining.

Picking up Henry tomorrow morning and have had him a ton of the time which is also fun. He’s so big now and such a cool little dude. Just a happy, happy child.

I have a final interview for a sales role with a company that mostly does warehouse build outs (pallet racking, forklifts, industrial fans, LED fit-outs, etc.) and liquidations. I’m fairly confident I’ll get the role, and while the base is decent, I think the potential commissions could be great, so that’s a potential life line coming soon. In fact, it’s a national firm, so if any of y’all have large warehouses that utilize racking or pick modules, various forklifts, etc. or are in liquidating large warehouses, let me know!

Otherwise mostly quiet… obviously without work and income dating is pretty much off the table, but I have caught the eye of a very sweet and attractive lady who seems to want to pursue me, despite my current situation, and I’m pretty open to taking her out and seeing where it goes. Too old to take my time wallowing in misery.
There are several things you can do without spending a lot of money if you like the girl. You could even make her a pasta dinner for under $5. Good luck with the job interview!

Reactions: majordomo

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Three or four months away from fully paying off student loans. Capitalised interest got me good. They will probably announce debt relief immediately after that.
I really do not like that politicians are picking winners and losers with like that. Congrats for paying your loans off soon though. You should be proud of that. I got hit with a medical bill last week after paying $3000 for others. Too bad I could not call them a medical education loan lol. :(

I went on a date a couple weeks ago and it reiterated to myself that I'm not really in a space to be dating, and that I just need a cat instead.

Also just started a new job last month and got my first couple of checks this month. I almost cried both times. Professionally and internally/emotionally, the first half of this year was absolute shit. The second half is looking - and more importantly, feeling - terrific on all fronts.

Tomorrow I'm going to see King Gizzard at Forrest Hills and I'm not as excited as I know I should be. Once I get myself there I'm sure it will hit me. I have an extra ticket if anyone wants. :laugh:
The paychecks are great! I'm happy for you. In regards to dating its good that you know when you are and are not ready. Take your time. Glad things are looking up.

Last edited:

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I really do not like that politicians are picking winners and losers with like that. Congrats for paying your loans off soon though. You should be proud of that. I got hit with a medical bill last week after paying $3000 for others. Too bad I could not call them a medical education loan lol. :(
I can feel your pain re the bill....that's one of the reasons I'm still working at this time. When I left my last job, I was pretty much set up to be home and comfortable -- no frills or anything, but that didn't bother me....but I was missing that all important "emergency fund" or as they call it in the south, "back money". As soon as I hit my comfort zone, the IRS hit me with a $10,000 bill (state and fed). Talk about a rude awakening!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: NickyFotiu

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anything interesting going on for you guys? Dating? Cars? Money? Family?

My band is finally taking off. Which means won’t be on HF as much this coming season.

Dating? Pffft. Ever since I was divorced have not traveled on that road again. It’s fine wouldn’t have the freedom I have now to do the things I love.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I can feel your pain re the bill....that's one of the reasons I'm still working at this time. When I left my last job, I was pretty much set up to be home and comfortable -- no frills or anything, but that didn't bother me....but I was missing that all important "emergency fund" or as they call it in the south, "back money". As soon as I hit my comfort zone, the IRS hit me with a $10,000 bill (state and fed). Talk about a rude awakening!!!!
Yeah those emergencies that pop up are tough. How much do you plan for your emergency fund? In the past I have seen people say 6 months salary or 6 months worth of bills.

My band is finally taking off. Which means won’t be on HF as much this coming season.

Dating? Pffft. Ever since I was divorced have not traveled on that road again. It’s fine wouldn’t have the freedom I have now to do the things I love.
Congrats on the band. That is awesome!

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
There are several things you can do without spending a lot of money if you like the girl. You could even make her a pasta dinner for under $5. Good luck with the job interview!

I’m definitely a willing and capable chef and I am interested. It’s been 6 months now, and it feels completely okay to me, to start dating again. Guess we’ll see how she feels about bolognese.

Reactions: will1066

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I’m definitely a willing and capable chef and I am interested. It’s been 6 months now, and it feels completely okay to me, to start dating again. Guess we’ll see how she feels about bolognese.
I have a feeling if she likes you she will be very pleased with you cooking for her. Good luck! :)

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Hope you get there. Can earn around 4%-5% a year on it as well right now.
Right now, if all continues according to plan, I will have it by end of next year -- which is when I'll probably call it quits at work. I've done a fairly good job over the past couple of years. The hardest part was stopping the needless spending on unnecessary items....closing Walmart and Amazon accounts alone were the best things I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad