OT: Lounge (Read OP).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m about $2500 from being debt free despite also being dirt broke. Have abstained from using any credit or loans throughout this entire ordeal, so that’s been a silver lining.

Picking up Henry tomorrow morning and have had him a ton of the time which is also fun. He’s so big now and such a cool little dude. Just a happy, happy child.

I have a final interview for a sales role with a company that mostly does warehouse build outs (pallet racking, forklifts, industrial fans, LED fit-outs, etc.) and liquidations. I’m fairly confident I’ll get the role, and while the base is decent, I think the potential commissions could be great, so that’s a potential life line coming soon. In fact, it’s a national firm, so if any of y’all have large warehouses that utilize racking or pick modules, various forklifts, etc. or are in liquidating large warehouses, let me know!

Otherwise mostly quiet… obviously without work and income dating is pretty much off the table, but I have caught the eye of a very sweet and attractive lady who seems to want to pursue me, despite my current situation, and I’m pretty open to taking her out and seeing where it goes. Too old to take my time wallowing in misery.
God bless, hang in there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
HEADS UP

will post further w/deets in wk or so when I have time...

bern is selling one of his guitars!
hard tail Strat copy,
based on readings, 2 1950s actual vintage strat pickups, other projects as 60s
has an older assembly w/3 way switch, [tho that is not 111% pure vintage as to pots, etc]
comes w/HSC

you have all heard it every Christmas
featured on the Brian May style intro of my O Come Adeste
will post market rate price on vintage PUs
estimated price >$5,000
discount to HFB = $4,500

mo soon...

• Wow
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Options are just selling stock insurance to others. Do your research, get the right windows, avoid global pandemics, and you'll find that over 80% of the options you put out don't get exercised and you just got yourself money. But if you don't do your research and just put options out willy nilly, yeah that is totally gambling. Why are you doing anything related to stocks if you aren't doing the research???
Not sure I agree with this entirely. Delta trading, for the most part, is just spec. But once you start talking about trading the vol smile / surface or spreads, or relative value (rho trading), that's where skill comes in. This is especially pronounced in thin markets, where opportunities are slightly harder to find. The days of fundamental analysis (present value of future cash flows) are long gone; it's all about math now.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
8/31 is my 62nd bday and I'm fine with that. I still have a full head of brown hair. The next day though GA is banning the sale of THCA. I'm very :( . This post was pre-approved by @Gardner McKay

Last edited:

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
8/31 is my 62nd bday and I'm fine with that. I still have a full head of brown hair. The next day though GA is banning the sale of THCA. I'm very :( . This post was pre-approved by @Gardner McKay
The ban on flower starts 10/1. You can still get gummies and beverages that are infused. It also didn’t close the DTC portion, so you can just order it online.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
My cat (Prince) who’s my best and essentially only friend is having kidney issues, I’m not sure how much longer I have with him and it’s absolutely breaking my heart (yes, I have one)

He’s so strong and brave, last Christmas Eve when I was dealing with kidney stones I was on the floor in the bathroom feeling like I was dying and here he is taking this on like a true champion, I love you buddy!

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_2588.jpeg
66595C36-ED81-4FC9-836C-3AD45FFB7643.jpeg

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
My cat (Prince) who’s my best and essentially only friend is having kidney issues, I’m not sure how much longer I have with him and it’s absolutely breaking my heart (yes, I have one)

He’s so strong and brave, last Christmas Eve when I was dealing with kidney stones I was on the floor in the bathroom feeling like I was dying and here he is taking this on like a true champion, I love you buddy!

View attachment 903573
View attachment 903574View attachment 903575
Oh man that must be so tough on you both. I'm glad you have him. I know its not in person or in real life but you can also consider many of us on this board your friends. :)

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

View attachment 903573
I know what you're going through....I had a tuxedo cat named Clyde that I had to put down after 18 years.....it was THE hardest decision I ever had to make.

My best to you both.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thank you so much! I’m very lucky he found me (he was a stray) and I’m so glad he did! I hope he knows how much he saved me too!
My family took in 3 stray cats. One took 2 years to feel loved but later on he never left my step moms side. I think your cat knows how much you care about him. Don't forget us here on this board. You do have friends. :)

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I know what you're going through....I had a tuxedo cat named Clyde that I had to put down after 18 years.....it was THE hardest decision I ever had to make.

My best to you both.
Thank you for sharing about Clyde and thanks for the well wishes!

My family took in 3 stray cats. One took 2 years to feel loved but later on he never left my step moms side. I think your cat knows how much you care about him. Don't forget us here on this board. You do have friends. :)
Thank you again my friend, truly appreciate the support!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I made such a bad trade yesterday. It was a disaster for most of the day. I ignored 3 of my own rules while doing it. I got so lucky because it worked out. I definitely did not deserve it to go well. Just got lucky. Whew!

• Wow
Reactions: will1066

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

View attachment 903573

This is the problem having animals. They usually have a lot less in numbers of years than us. I've been through a number of cats and dogs and they all have their own personalities and it always rips me apart when their time comes. The every day attachment can make a bond between the person and the animal that is stronger than to most other humans even friends and close relatives sometimes if they're not that much in your day to day life.

There really isn't that much to say. Losing someone really close whether a person or an animal is as hard as anything I've been through and is something that has to be endured and takes time to get over. There really isn't any way to avoid that.......so you have my sympathy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad