GDT: Lottery Draft Day: Monday, May 8 | 8 PM edt | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The day has FINALLY arrived. May 8th: the draft lottery. Show starts 8 pm.

Only bottom 11 teams are in Bedard draft. Teams ranked 12-16 can only move up 10 spots.

The current standings:

Screenshot_20230507_225212_Brave.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I love how "there's risk with Michkov, what if he doesn't come over?" is a discussion but not "what if Dvorsky doesn't exhibit the offensive dynamism you want from a great 2nd line center in the NHL?", "what if Reinbacher's offense limits him in the NHL where he's only a top 4 dman?"...etc

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Should Mitchkov be available @ 5OA, the questions to ask is whether the Habs org are willing to wait 3-years for a 5OA pick, or do they have some intel that would have Mitchkov join the team beforehand?
I don’t think the 3 year wait is the issue. Most other top prospects will need at least two years anyway before making the jump, so what’s one more year of waiting if he’s considered the next best player in this draft after Bedard?

Perhaps other factors will play in but luckily we have Bobrov’s father for the lowdown.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Think he's every bit as good as Smith, there is some recency bias concerning Smith due to the under 18's IMO and people are forgetting just how good Benson is.

Plus, all things being equal I'd prefer to take the Canadian kid with it that close in terms of potential, want to avoid any possible " I can't possibly live anywhere but the good ole U.S.A " scenario we might get with Smith.

That stuff is becoming a factor in the league now with American players.
Doesn’t seem too ‘good ole’ these days.

Reactions: jj cale

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I love how "there's risk with Michkov, what if he doesn't come over?" is a discussion but not "what if Dvorsky doesn't exhibit the offensive dynamism you want from a great 2nd line center in the NHL?", "what if Reinbacher's offense limits him in the NHL where he's only a top 4 dman?"...etc
The risk of using a top 5 draft in a very strong draft and getting nothing for it as opposed to getting a player that is a 2nd line forward rather than a 1st liner? No contest.

Doesn’t seem too ‘good ole’ these days.
True but American players are too stupid to see that. Of course for married players with kids there are a lot of factors involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad