Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I somehow feel like this whole post was just an excuse to post this part :naughty:
You know me well brother. haha It was even an excuse to deep dive into Nastassja Kinski look alike connection.

I'm shameless in my asides. ;)

That said I'm German descent. Now I know why I figure Celeste is such a beauty, She looks like Nastassja Kinski. Blew my mind a bit. Don't tell my wife..haha

• Love
Reactions: ujju2

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I fully expect balls out efforts from our guys now.

The DJ really has no excuse in my opinion. The Stelter’s have been featured on the NHL website with various articles from time to time and Joey was a well known name throughout the league. I hope that woke up some sleeping beasts within our guys.
Yeah most of those stars fans at the game are explaining to their kids how they couldn't get Mavs tickets. The don't understand why some are shouting "skinner" and certainly don't know about La bamba.

It's Texas with a heavy Latino community. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
They know that’s the Oilers win song so the DJ played it last night. If it was just any old song the Oilers played when they win, who cares. But we all know the meaning why the Oilers specifically play La Bamba.
They know the Oilers play it end of games. They would not likely know why.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I’ll include @Drivesaitl in this as well...but have the Stars ever used it as a “win” song before last night?

Whether it was just in good fun or deliberate slap in the face, all I’m saying is I hope the players take it personally and use it as even more motivation to shitkick the Stars.

Some people on twitter have been saying Dallas is playing opposition team's winning themes when they win at home. Not sure if that's true or not but like you said, hopefully it wakes up the players even if it was innocuous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah most of those stars fans at the game are explaining to their kids how they couldn't get Mavs tickets. The don't understand why some are shouting "skinner" and certainly don't know about La bamba.

I’m not sitting here raging about it, I just want our guys to take that personally. Pretty early in the series to hit them with their own win song. If they played it on a night where the Stars were to eliminate Edmonton, then whatever, rub it in.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I really don't think they're purposely trying to be fancy Dan's.
A combo of Dallas D, blocking shots, and lanes, Ott, and most importantly, injuries (IMO they both have some), have hampered them. We've been clamoring for McD to shoot well before the POs started. Pretty sure there's a reason he's looking off so often.

Probably a full body injury. His legs dont have the usual zip and he aint shooting either.

Regardless, they are passing way too much and getting picked off. We're just lucky that at the moment, Skinner is playing well and Dallas lacks finish

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I’ll include @Drivesaitl in this as well...but have the Stars ever used it as a “win” song before last night?

Whether it was just in good fun or deliberate slap in the face, all I’m saying is I hope the players take it personally and use it as even more motivation to shitkick the Stars.

Yeah could see that angle as well.
Still feel it all depends on if our history with the song was known
If so = classless
If not = great slam

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting

Yeah, LaBamba would practically be the State Anthem. Maybe it is. ;) Its a great tune from a great artist.

And how does that make you feel ghost of Ritchie Valens? :sarcasm:

Regardless of why it was played, the Oilers players would've had some mixed emotions.
Maybe we could play the Alamo theme.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
And how does that make you feel ghost of Ritchie Valens? :sarcasm:

Regardless of why it was played, the Oilers players would've had some mixed emotions.
The Stars are
key-and-peele-substitute-teacher.gif

and…

200w.gif

:laugh:

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting

"Explaining to their kids why they couldn't get Mav's tickets" I lol spit coffee. haha, good line.

Its like parents take their 5yr olds to the watch party views here because they cost only 5bucks and the kid asks where are the real players on ice and the parent says something like"this is new A1 version of sports. Enjoy the game, you want another popcorn"

Reactions: Ibanez

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Holloway
Henrique-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Carrick-Brown

I was just going to post exactly this. Perry and Henrique make the line a bit slower but far more competitive. The 3rd line isn’t even competing as it stands right now.

Kane is due to break through. Guys also need to RAISE THE PUCK!!!

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I’m not sitting here raging about it, I just want our guys to take that personally. Pretty early in the series to hit them with their own win song. If they played it on a night where the Stars were to eliminate Edmonton, then whatever, rub it in.
The fact that song is linked to Joey Moss, they should take it personally. Man,
Only if this team had a Michael Jordan personality

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Probably a full body injury. His legs dont have the usual zip and he aint shooting either.

Regardless, they are passing way too much and getting picked off. We're just lucky that at the moment, Skinner is playing well and Dallas lacks finish
I thought McD was flying and the Oilers were in first period. But after that had less zip. They weren't breaking contain any more and even Tanev was able to keep up, lol

I think it was a mixture of Oilers fatigue (we had less rest than Dallas coming into series) and Dallas upping the play because they were down in series.

I wonder how many injuries we find out about later. McD has a couple, so does Drai. Hyman too.

Its playoffs and high pain thresholds.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I was just going to post exactly this. Perry and Henrique make the line a bit slower but far more competitive. The 3rd line isn’t even competing as it stands right now.

Kane is due to break through. Guys also need to RAISE THE PUCK!!!
Kane is playing far too perimeter for my liking. He isn’t in Ott’s face and taking shots from the outside. Has his drive to the net completely left his game?

Also- Vinny is looking tired and or slow. He seems to be a step behind and doesn’t have that reserve tank to take that extra step to get in the way. Rishaug said Stetcher isn’t even with the team. What a great use of a 4th round pick.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Key & Peele

They are funny, funny dudes. If you’ve seen people reference A.A. Ron, this is exactly the scene it’s from.

Thanks, never heard of it. Ahhh, I see its only on Paramount. Sucks how partitioned the TV universe is now. Yeah, I miss most memes because I don't watch a lot of TV shows.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Thanks, never heard of it. Ahhh, I see its only on Paramount. Sucks how partitioned the TV universe is now. Yeah, I miss most memes because I don't watch a lot of TV shows.
Paramount is akin to the NHL in the states. Very few people care or want to pay for it :)

Teehee

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, never heard of it. Ahhh, I see it’s only on Paramount. Sucks how partitioned the TV universe is now. Yeah, I miss most memes because I don't watch a lot of TV shows.
They’re all in little SNL style skits and most can be watched on YT. Don’t need the full episodes ;).

One of my favorite skits is “I said Bitch”…all us married guys can relate to that one. :laugh:

There’s another one how two buddies are texting each other, one guy (Jordan Peele) is all cool in his responses but his buddy (Keegan) is taking them all out of context. It’s a gem.

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Kane is playing far too perimeter for my liking. He isn’t in Ott’s face and taking shots from the outside. Has his drive to the net completely left his game?

Also- Vinny is looking tired and or slow. He seems to be a step behind and doesn’t have that reserve tank to take that extra step to get in the way. Rishaug said Stetcher isn’t even with the team. What a great use of a 4th round pick.
Oilers by game 2 would be fatigued. Lets remember we went 7 games with Van while Dallas were resting for 5-6 days. By third period we had trouble matching intensity and were losing the puck battles and chases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad