Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't call my post a quantum swing. I think that's an unfair exaggeration. The Oilers lost their chance to win the game in the first period. They failed due to some nice play from the Dallas Goalie and some poor finishing execution on their part in the first period. After that Dallas had an edge but not much.. until they scored.

I'd say the only thing I'll take away that may be a bit concerning is how Edmonton could not hold a lead in the first game while Dallas was BULLET PROOF after getting that second goal last game. Hopefully it's not a trend this series. So far they've each had 1 chance.. Edmonton failed.. Dallas passed with FLYING colors. we didn't get a sniff. One game and Edmonton was likely gassed. Not going to lose sleep over it but I'll be watching for it.

Heck the only real disastrous thing they did all game was that abomination of a pulled goalie change.

Would be nice to score some California tips for once though. We've eaten 1 a game from Dallas so far this series.

Game 1: Off Nurse Skate to a wide open Seguin
Game 2: Mason Marchment tip. Some tips are skill and some are blind luck. this one was blind luck imo.

Perhaps after writing this all out my frustration lies with the Oilers rarely scoring such goals. At least the ratio to scoring vs being scored on seems to always favor the opposition these playoffs. It's like we have to score beauties while watching the other team shoot flukers in like crazy haha.

Heck that may be the problem with the 3rd line? they try to score like the first 2 lines.
Edmonton played very well with the lead in game 1 though, they just got burned by a couple of bounces. So far I'm pretty happy with how the team has played, you're never going to win every game, just have to keep pressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad