Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My wife says that to her friends all the time on the phone...it just dawned on me who she might be talking about.
Lol. Well imma have to take your wife’s word, sorry.

On what basis?
The only angle I can think of is Stu’s stamina. But it would be ballsy of Knob and downright illogical really to go for it with what Stu has shown in these 4 games.

That said, I trust in Knob. Whatever he decides I’m fine with.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Ice looked like shit but they try cute passes all night. In their defence Stars were very solid back there. Sticks in the lanes and blocking ton of blocked shots. Going to be tough to score on them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well
Pack it in then
We are the only fan base in the entire history of sports that has complained about officiating
Forget everything else
Of course we’re not. Fans aren’t dumb and see trash officiating in this League, year in year out, so trash it confuses and perplexes lifelong fans, coaches, and even players. But you got it right, you’re the reasonable one, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with reffing in this league, they are perfect humans, no biases, no mistakes.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Of course we’re not. Fans aren’t dumb and see trash officiating in this League, year in year out, so trash it confuses and perplexes lifelong fans, coaches, and even players. But you got it right, you’re the reasonable one, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with reffing in this league, they are perfect humans, no biases, no mistakes.
I never said that

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Not convinced about this Oilers team and series still.
They got the split going back home, which is good.

-But Dallas are known for losing their first game and turning it back on afterwards.
-Dallas has been the more consistent and balanced team so far. Created more high danger chances tonight.
-They have hit two posts in OT in game 1. Oilers could be down 0:2 as well, so let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
-They will get their best forward back next game, creating even better and deeper lines.
-Oilers PP seems to have worsened.
-Oilers PK is absolutely killing it statistically currently. Tough to continue this way. You can feel the drop coming.

On the other hand:
-Playing at home, they should certainly get more calls.
-While Dallas has a slight advantage imo, the matchup is much closer than I expected it to be prior.

I would consider it to be a huge win if the Oilers make it to game 7. They need to improve many aspects of their game, though. Dallas is figuring them out and is becoming stronger the longer the series goes it seems.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
They don't have anyone like Hughes or boeser
You say this like its a bad thing. Plus WTF. Heiskanen is miles better than lil smurf Hughes.

What did Hughes do against us?

He was a pylon on several of our scoring plays and chances and got nothing done offensively.

Heiskanen was perfect defensively tonight and got some rushes and assist as well. Solid game.

Few D in the league can straight up stop McD or DRai one on one several times in a game.

If you asked either of McDrai which D is better...

hughes can't defend the common cold.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Yeah. This is actually what was occurring. Stars play better in ownzone than anybody we've seen.
It's a great strategy when playing perimeter teams. And the Oilers are playing a perimeter game for the most part.

They need to start taking the puck to the front of the net with authority if not reckless abandon.

And when they get it there they have to out battle the Stars. Forecheck and not allow the fast breakout.

The game has to become way more physical.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ryan out for Henrique, do you consider Perry instead of someone like Foegs?
Ryan out for Henrique, McLeod out for Gagner he needs a message sent Perry in for Foegele or Carrrick fresh legs are needed . It's been 14 games one lineup change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad