Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
All this talk about Dallas being a road powerhouse. keep in mind, they had one more road 1 win than the Jets, and 2 more than the Maple Leafs.

I think the conversation coming from the talking heads on the TV would make it seem like they ran roughshod over the league.
Dallas are 5-1 on the road in the playoffs. Its not some made up statline. They've even been dominant in those wins.

Playoffs is a different animal.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Flaming
Typical
Challenge the opinion
Not the poster
You are digging quite a hole Mr Sniveller

Grow some class and discuss the game

However
I suspect that may be too much to ask of you
I've literally never quoted you before this pgt, how would anything be typical? Got a few burner accounts lying around?

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Dallas are 5-1 on the road in the playoffs. Its not some made up statline. They've even been dominant in those wins.

Playoffs is a different animal.
IMG_4817.gif

Believe my brother!!!

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Disagree here. At no point did we have lead in this game and after first Dallas were better club. They got a lot of dangerous chances around net too. Another couple goal posts as well.

Benn can hammer the puck.

The Brown goal was the lol goal of the night. Any goalie in the league should be able to stop Connor Brown. goal only happened because Ott had a bad deflection off a routine shot.

In anycase when one factors in DAllas hit 2 goalposts before we got the OT winner in game 1 it sounds a bout right series is tied. Both games were close.
Disagree likes totally ate the stars lunch in the first period and it was even after… skinner let in a muffin and a lucky bounce.. Dallas looked worse then Vancouver

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If our strategy is “getting power plays” we are in horrible trouble
No that’s not the strategy, that’s why we are good at 5v5 and the PK too. But regardless a fair playing field with the same standard of officiating on both sides can swing a game and swing a series.

Reactions: capazzo

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
We split gentlemen

Eliminated all the bullshit about how we don't deserve to be here. Silenced the 'Stars are gonna sweep' mouthpieces. And scared the shit out of their players and fans by almost putting them in a very very bad situation.

I'd say we did pretty good. Mission accomplished as there's no doubt the Dallas Stars and the rest ot the so called experts know this is going to be a dog fight.

And... home Ice for all you Tier Oners!!!!!!

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The way I look at it is the Oilers won the first game on the road (when some experts said Dallas sweep) and absolutely dominated in the 1st period tonight.

There is no reason that they can't dominate on home ice for 6 more periods--on better ice and minus the annoying Stars' fans.

Of course they won't dominate for all 6 periods at home but do it for 4 periods and they could be up 3-1 come Wed. evening.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
My honest take is that it goes back to Dallas 2-2. I watch Dallas a lot. We haven't seen their A game yet. Offensively speaking they haven't seen our A game either but in terms of 200ft play this is as good as it gets with Oilers.

Would take tremendous performances from Oilers to get both games.
Agree with this. I think we will score more but so will they.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Through 2 games, we’ve been the better team (yes, Dallas had a better 3rd period this game), and a 1-1 split would have been completely fine if you asked before the start of the series. We’re in good shape
Agreed. Can’t complain about this result starting the series in Dallas. 1-1 and Dallas has never heard a crowd like ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad