Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
What was a weak goal? I didn't like the first one as I'm a Skinner fan and expect him to save that. But it was from an experienced playoff goalscorer with a defender between them and a decent shot. I'd say weak is debatable but I'll agree - weak. Then Brown scores quite a weak one right after. Game on.

From there you really think Ott outgoalied Skinner? Not a chance
Skinner made several quality stops in the game. had a harder night than Ott. Ott, his toughest saves were ones he either created rebound or was out of position for. Skinner was really focused and on. Dallas sure had some quality looks in 2nd and 3rd.

Skinner coming out well in this series and using his paddle to deflect some passes across. He reads my posts now? ;)

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers been the better team Dallas looks worse then Vancouver . They are lucky to be tied. Skinner had to stop that first goal
Dallas has much better D than Vancouver and much better G. We had long stretches we played solid hockey but it won't be as easy to score on Oettinger. Our D and particularly Skinner elevated their game, and that's the reason we are 1-1 now. Strong performance from Skinner/Pickard is absolutely critical in the remaining games. Unless Oettinger has bad games, we won't be able to outscore our D and G mistakes against Dallas. I won't be surprised if the remaining games are low scoring defensive battles.

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Which the refs immediately gave away.... by calling ANOTHER weak penalty against the Oilers.

...and giveing a PP when down 3-1 is just a token call just to show they are "unbiased".. which they clearly are NOT by how these 1st 2 games have been called.
Ok
But
my point is that it was a hell of a good game and probably pretty evenly called
And we need to respond to how that third period went

Reactions: foofighter

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Skinner made several quality stops in the game. had a harder night than Ott. Ott, his toughest saves were ones he either created rebound or was out of position for. Skinner was really focused and on. Dallas sure had some quality looks in 2nd and 3rd.

Skinner coming out well in this series and using his paddle to deflect some passes across. He reads my posts now? ;)
I noticed his biggest fan is absent.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Which the refs immediately gave away.... by calling ANOTHER weak penalty against the Oilers.

...and giving a PP when down 3-1 is just a token call just to show they are "unbiased"... which they clearly are NOT by how these 1st 2 games have been called.

Absolutely 100% correct.
That fcuking call with 1.5 mins left was for stat padding only to show a closer balance. It's fraudulent and possibly borderline illegal.

I think he did!
Now send some docs to McD!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

yah good for him. Offence let him down.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Dallas had their backs against the wall and still didn't look that dangerous.

Sucks to lose but this is looking like a good matchup for us imo. Dallas definitely needs to score more than 2 goals a game to win this series and their kids seem to be learning the same lesson ours did against Colorado

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I liked a lot about how they played tonight. Felt like such a winnable game because of it. Just not capitalizing on any chances and then falling behind sucks.

Stu was fantastic and that's good to see again.

Not really upset. Just kinda stinks they couldn't keep up that first period energy while banging in a few, I guess.

On to game three.

Yeah, I just can't bring myself to be pissed about this game. Was super close all game, and although I personally think Dallas was maybe the SLIGHTLY better team, moneypuck had Edmonton at 53% on their "deserve to win o meter", so maybe it was the Oilers who had slight advantage. It was super close either way, and we lost the game off a crazy fluky bounce goal in the third. These things happen, onto game 3.

Reactions: Ibanez

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Playing two teams this series, as per usual. Not being able to finish our chances in the 1st period ended up costing us.

Have to reset and get back to basics in Edmonton. Pucks on net. Dallas is a very beatable team and we've been the better team so far in this series.

We're going to take games 3 and 4.
I got somethin you can get back on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad