Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
We got 1 penalty in 7 periods. Not counting the too many men or lol the call after the game was done. While they're getting these kinds of calls:

It's not a serious professional sports league. Bettman is the worst thing that ever happened to the NHL.

Looking for shortcuts to grow the game by ensuring American teams win was never a solution but he keeps thinking it is. Such a dumb, little man.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Is that what I said? I expect our goalie to not allow weak goals and give us the best possible chance to win. That's what I expect. Also, Picks has played lights out. Why not rotate tenders?

What was a weak goal? I didn't like the first one as I'm a Skinner fan and expect him to save that. But it was from an experienced playoff goalscorer with a defender between them and a decent shot. I'd say weak is debatable but I'll agree - weak. Then Brown scores quite a weak one right after. Game on.

From there you really think Ott outgoalied Skinner? Not a chance

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Yeah. IDK, it's fine when the game isn't that physical because his positioning is good enough.

But these last two games he's just... Yeah he's looked like a child. Losing every puck battle.
Maybe it's just the wrong team for Ryan to draw in against. I think Ryan is probably the smartest player on the Oilers but has limitations.

McLeod or Foegele probably have the lowest hockey IQs on the team but they are big and fast.

Reactions: iCanada

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I agree till you whine about refs
It’s ok
I choose to cheer without the copper sunglasses
Yes
Of course we need power plays
So do they
And
We even got one late in the third
Which the refs immediately gave away.... by calling ANOTHER weak penalty against the Oilers.

...and giving a PP when down 3-1 is just a token call just to show they are "unbiased"... which they clearly are NOT by how these 1st 2 games have been called.

Last edited:
Reactions: capazzo and TB12

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
It's not a serious professional sports league. Bettman is the worst thing that ever happened to the NHL.

Looking for shortcuts to grow the game by ensuring American teams win was never a solution but he keeps thinking it is. Such a dumb, little man.
NHL is just barely above Billy Bob tractor racing.

It’s not on the mind of many americans

Nfl
Nba
Mlb
Racing
College football
MLS.

Probably all above nhl.

Maybe not mls but I bet it’s close

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Skinner did that tonight. Edmonton fans have a delusional definition of what a weak goal is if they think the first goal against was weak.

Why bench Skinner after his last 4 games. Makes no sense.

Benching is the wrong term. I Said rotate. Picks has been thus far way better in the time he's been allowed to showcase his talents.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Dallas are good on the road but don’t count out our general eliteness at home this year.

Should be two good games.

we do need way more from the top 6. Poor game from them tonight. Drai and McDavid both being cute.
My honest take is that it goes back to Dallas 2-2. I watch Dallas a lot. We haven't seen their A game yet. Offensively speaking they haven't seen our A game either but in terms of 200ft play this is as good as it gets with Oilers.

Would take tremendous performances from Oilers to get both games.

Reactions: Ibanez

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Doesn't matter much anyway. Series is 1-1 and probably should be. At least we're seeing good goaltending from Skinner in this series and like I said I can't complain about anything with the 200ft effort Oilers are bringing. Sure they have the respect of the Stars how well they've played.

One first game and had half a chance at 2nd. Thats all good.

Agree. I think a lot of us are just disappointed to not be up 2-0 after about the first half of game. I didn't even mind the rest. I thought it was an excellent game.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
My honest take is that it goes back to Dallas 2-2. I watch Dallas a lot. We haven't seen their A game yet. Offensively speaking they haven't seen our A game either but in terms of 200ft play this is as good as it gets with Oilers.

Would take tremendous performances from Oilers to get both games.

Dallas is dogshit offensively. If the league didn't desperately want the dead Puck Era back, they don't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: Ibanez

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What was a weak goal? I didn't like the first one as I'm a Skinner fan and expect him to save that. But it was from an experienced playoff goalscorer with a defender between them and a decent shot. I'd say weak is debatable but I'll agree - weak. Then Brown scores quite a weak one right after. Game on.

From there you really think Ott outgoalied Skinner? Not a chance

Brown's goal was way tougher to save because Ott had to make the initial save then tried to reposition himself for the next shot which came fast. Way tougher than Benn's distant shot.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Goalie pull was awful, but I definitely don’t expect to see that happen again. No way Knoblauch messes up like that again.
I can't name the game but Knoblauch has definitely messed up on pulling the goaltender before.

I already posted that it would be better for the goaltender, who is facing the play, to be the one to make the call and have the extra man, from the bench, watching Skinner for his cue.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Brown's goal was way tougher to save because Ott had to make the initial save then tried to reposition himself for the next shot which cam fast. Way tougher than Benn's distant shot.

Difference of opinion which is cool.

For me though I'd rather Brown shooting on me than Benn!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00