Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Ott isn't even good? When he's dialed up he might be the best goalie in conference. Oilers weren't refusing to shoot Dallas was getting a lot of sticks on shots forcing them out. It happens.

Oilers played very well. This is a tough opponent and was never gonna be easy.
Our star players couldn't get a thing tonight all day. Credit to Stars defensive play on a lot of that as well. It happens.

This isn't Vancouver or LA we are playing.
The final 4 are all good teams and nobody is going to concede anything.

I'm not worried--I think the Oilers have a good chance at winning both games in Edmonton.

Reactions: TB12 and Ibanez

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Are you serious?
Did you watch any of the game between the first Dallas goal and 2:50 left as you state? Start Pickard my God

Skins was solid after the 1st goal. What's wrong rolling both goalies? Picks has a .915%. Skins has a what.. .888 or less?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Oilers been the better team Dallas looks worse then Vancouver . They are lucky to be tied. Skinner had to stop that first goal
Disagree here. At no point did we have lead in this game and after first Dallas were better club. They got a lot of dangerous chances around net too. Another couple goal posts as well.

Benn can hammer the puck.

The Brown goal was the lol goal of the night. Any goalie in the league should be able to stop Connor Brown. goal only happened because Ott had a bad deflection off a routine shot.

In anycase when one factors in DAllas hit 2 goalposts before we got the OT winner in game 1 it sounds a bout right series is tied. Both games were close.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Ott isn't even good? When he's dialed up he might be the best goalie in conference. Oilers weren't refusing to shoot Dallas was getting a lot of sticks on shots forcing them out. It happens.

Oilers played very well. This is a tough opponent and was never gonna be easy.
Our star players couldn't get a thing tonight all day. Credit to Stars defensive play on a lot of that as well. It happens.

This isn't Vancouver or LA we are playing.

He’s not dialed up, he looks entirely beatable. Double clutching on shots, over passing and refusing to shoot was a theme in this game.

Reactions: TB12

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
So who's coming out for Henrique?
Ryan or Carrick most likely. If I were a betting man I'd say Carrick simply because they have Ryan take crucial D zone draws at times and he's a primary PKer. Carrick has been ok to decent but unfortunately with the numbers game, he's likely out.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yup. You take that split all the way to the bank. Now it’s our turn in Edmonton.

Dallas is good on the road but we are also elite at home.

Plus we played a meh game and still almost won. We have more to give. Paging mcdrai.

McDavid and Draisaitl don't go pointless in back to back games in the playoffs. It just doesn't happen

They're going to come out like gang busters on Monday.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Nurse with a decent game.
Yeah, no. I don't give a shit what the stupid scorecard says. It was a firedrill whenever he touched the puck, couldn't break it out, giving it away, and was on for a goal against and plenty of other chances.

Not surprising, Mr. 9.25 has 2 pts and -11 in the playoffs. f***ing pathetic player.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
McDavid and Draisaitl don't go pointless in back to back games in the playoffs. It just doesn't happen

They're going to come out like gang busters on Monday.
With hits and shots I hope. you can't play that many minutes, be that size, and barely hit. Gives the other team a lot of time and space for a looooot of the game.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
Unfortunate to lose as I thought the Oilers played another really solid game, but you gotta capitalize on your chances and they had plenty in the first that they couldn't score on. How the game goes sometimes.

Defence played pretty well and Skinner had another solid game too. Back to back games for Skinner with positive goals saved above expected. And for all the talk of Dallas' depth and 5 on 5 play, the Oilers have been the markedly better team at 5 on 5 across both games.

If they keep playing like they have I feel quite positive about their chances.

Now come home, get some rest, play on some non-shit ice, and win games 3 and 4.

Reactions: TB12

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What you’re expecting is perfection lol

Is that what I said? I expect our goalie to not allow weak goals and give us the best possible chance to win. That's what I expect. Also, Picks has played lights out. Why not rotate tenders?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Skins was solid after the 1st goal. What's wrong rolling both goalies? Picksvhas a .915%. Skins has a what.. .888 or less?

No. Better than that. He's had an amazing 2 games, minus the first goal which is up for debate whether he could've done more. I didn't like it. But he shut down the rest and kept us in the game since.

I love Pickard and have total faith in him. Bit you don't take out your tender after a performance like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad