Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Refusing to shoot the puck and/or taking what seemed like minutes to make the decision to get it off when we did lost us this game.

Shoot the f***ing puck. That f***ing Bouchard chance where he pretty much waited for the lane to fill to shoot optimized the last half of that game. Oettinger isn’t even that good but we could not possibly make it easier on him.

Vinny has to stop rimming pucks or he needs to come out of the lineup. It’s killing us, it lost us this game, and it has to stop.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
1-1 going back to Edmonton. Game was up for the taking and the loss sucks, but can’t complain. We’ll have them shook with our crowd in Games 3-4.

Stu was good enough.

Refs won’t let our PP work. Gary’s plan to get Stars atleast a W in Dallas.

Need way more from McDrai.

Need way more from Mcleod/Foegele

Nice to see Brown get one. He deserves it. Been playing good.

Janny was good.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Was a pretty close game. Differences were largely in bounces and the stars wanting the puck a little bit more in the third.

Particularly need more from the Foegele-McLeod-Ryan line. Fourth line was probably our best, and then top 6 won the possession and change game.... But man that third line got brutalized tonight just like they did in the first game. Not good enough. I'd honestly think about pulling 2/3rds of it for Perry & Henrique.

And we really need to get Rico back.

Screenshot_20240525-204601.png

xGF that game basically identical, including 0.8 xGoals Dallas got from the empty net goal.

All in all happy to have the split.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Refusing to shoot the puck and/or taking what seemed like minutes to make the decision to get it off when we did lost us this game.

Shoot the f***ing puck. That f***ing Bouchard chance where he pretty much waited for the lane to fill to shoot optimized the last half of that game. Oettinger isn’t even that good but we could not possibly make it easier on him.

Vinny has to stop rimming pucks or he needs to come out of the lineup. It’s killing us, it lost us this game, and it has to stop.
He looks tired to me. He can’t play these minutes

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
This isn't the first time knoblauch has made a stupid borderline re tarded pull. There's two minutes left in the game McDavid and Leon aren't on the ice and you pull the goalie whentl the line on the ice has been out for a minute this game is on him. He puts McDavid and Leon together for the entire third and did jack await until there last meaningful shift together. From leaving off Henrique because of pk reasons to giving McLeod as much rope as he did this game he makes stupid decisions routinely.

I agree with all these examples but i dont know if it amounts to making stupid decisions routinely. He gets a lot of things right. I dunno, im honestly still ‘jury is out’ on knobby, but this game feels like more of an outlier than a regular occurrence. For all the reasons you mentioned, i would put this as much on his plate as anyone else’s.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It'll also be nice to have game 3 and 4 on real f***ing ice. That Dallas slurpee machine that burps out their ice must be leftover from Ledyard blowing a f***ing tire.

TLDR: Dallas ice is shit
Dallas don't like the ice either. Best road team in NHL. Oilers have to look out for that as Stars play much better on road.

With high heat and humidity and basketball and other events going on hard to have good ice in Dallas. Is what it is.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Took home ice advantage from them. We’ve been the better team for 5/7 periods so far. Skinner has been good enough. Guys just need to get the puck off their sticks a little quicker.

Reactions: harpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad