Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If Henrique is not injured sure... Perry I think is basically cooked now that he's so slow. Although against a not so fast team like Dallas he might be worth a look.
Would actually be nice to have someone with hands in close. So many in-crease scrambles and none of our guys can shovel it in.

I'd be worried about the rest of his game though.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I'd have Stecher in next game (he should be in every game).

I'd put Gagner in for one of McLeod/Ryan/Foegele.

Henrique most likely going to be back in game 3. I would put him in for one of Foegele/ McLeod.

Ryan had a tough night. Is Gagner an upgrade on Ryan? I think so, especially offensively. But Ryan is also part of our strong PK units. Tough call

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Was a pretty close game. Differences were largely in bounces and the stars wanting the puck a little bit more in the third.

Particularly need more from the Foegele-McLeod-Ryan line. Fourth line was probably our best, and then top 6 won the possession and change game.... But man that third line got brutalized tonight just like they did in the first game. Not good enough. I'd honestly think about pulling 2/3rds of it for Perry & Henrique.

And we really need to get Rico back.

View attachment 875817

xGF that game basically identical, including 0.8 xGoals Dallas got from the empty net goal.

All in all happy to have the split.
Totally winnable game. On the road and refs in Gary’s pockets. I’m not worried. Coin toss game.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I was also surprised on the pull, I’d like to see him wait it out for the Kane-RNH-Holloway line to force a whistle. Then you use the time out to rest the big boys even more

But that was winnable, a couple chances that were milimeters away from going in

I thought Skinner and the 4th line played great. Kulak-Ceci pairing struggled and Ryan probably just put himself on the chopping block for Henrique to come in

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Game over. Missed play by Knob in my opinion! Could've kept the big Boyz out with 2:50 left all rested with the draw in the offensive zone. Botched it. Hopefully he learned a lesson.

Skins and Ceci f***ked the 1st goal. Should've won this game.

I'd play Picks game 3.

Are you serious?
Did you watch any of the game between the first Dallas goal and 2:50 left as you state? Start Pickard my God

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Opportunity wasted, came out flatter than a f***ing flapjack after the 1st, like you saw what working hard gets you and instead switch to autopilot. Shame to waste a good effort by Skinner.

Dallas crowd is f***ing moronic, dunno why they're chanting his name when he played better than Rolled Oet. Knob has generally been good but get your head out of your ass on the pull. We had 4 ozone draws, and you pull at the red line in a line change?

We have home ice now, but they need to wake up cause all Dallas does is win on the road.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Meh, expected to lose this one. I’m just happy that we got out of Dallas with the series tied. Now take advantage being at home to go up 3-1

Reactions: Ibanez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Refusing to shoot the puck and/or taking what seemed like minutes to make the decision to get it off when we did lost us this game.

Shoot the f***ing puck. That f***ing Bouchard chance where he pretty much waited for the lane to fill to shoot optimized the last half of that game. Oettinger isn’t even that good but we could not possibly make it easier on him.

Vinny has to stop rimming pucks or he needs to come out of the lineup. It’s killing us, it lost us this game, and it has to stop.
Ott isn't even good? When he's dialed up he might be the best goalie in conference. Oilers weren't refusing to shoot Dallas was getting a lot of sticks on shots forcing them out. It happens.

Oilers played very well. This is a tough opponent and was never gonna be easy.
Our star players couldn't get a thing tonight all day. Credit to Stars defensive play on a lot of that as well. It happens.

This isn't Vancouver or LA we are playing.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Had them on their heels for the first period and looked like gangbusters.. but couldn't force one past Oettinger. On the go ahead game winner, Ryan was in prime position to get it out... and decided to try and eat it and tie it up on the boards. Like wtf man.. how hard is it to get it off the boards and 15 feet out? Stupid, crucial error.

McLeod remains useless, soft as f*** and looks like he belongs in figure skating, not f***ing hockey. f*** outta here with that sweetheart, cupcake game dude. What a perimeter p***y. Nurse - Desharnais kept letting guys get deep behind them.. their awareness licks balls, and Nurse STILL can't f***ing box out a guy he has 6 inches and 20+ lbs. on. Holy f*** my dude.. you have certainly earned that 'most overrated' title as surveyed within you peer group suggests you are.

Better be ready for Dallas and their tremendous road game, nothing but uphill sledding from here.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Game 3 is obviously going to be huge. Oilers have to get momentum back or else this series turns quickly in Stars favour.

The way Stars played in the 3rd... if they've cracked the Oilers code there... they are going to be tough to score on.

Oilers have to shoot more... 5 shots from 4 of their top forward scorers isn't enough.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Game 3 will be different but the first period tonight seems like a missed opportunity.

Well, nobody said it was going to be easy and Dallas is a veteran team--- and a very disciplined one.

Agree
I said to my daughter at the end of the first that not coming out of that period at least up by a goal may come back and bite us. And it did.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Meh, expected to lose this one. I’m just happy that we got out of Dallas with the series tied. Now take advantage being at home to go up 3-1
Yup. You take that split all the way to the bank. Now it’s our turn in Edmonton.

Dallas is good on the road but we are also elite at home.

Plus we played a meh game and still almost won. We have more to give. Paging mcdrai.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Thought the game was pretty good overall. We need to find some ways to mix up our game plan a bit. Dallas clearly caught on in the 2nd and 3rd.

I don't like putting McDrai together. I don't think it really strengthens our first line that much and it makes our 2nd line a lot worse.

I think it clearly works f***ing wonders most of the time, I just think both McDavid and Draisaitl are a little banged up and the ice in Dallas is particularly rough.

IDK, I definitely thought we lost momentum in late second when we loaded up instead of gained.

I would have!! But dammit I went to the pub. I will for game 3

Lol I'm just giving you grief. Hopefully you had fun at the pub. <3

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Totally winnable game. On the road and refs in Gary’s pockets. I’m not worried. Coin toss game.
Good lord Tobias
The refs played no part in this game
There are 2 good teams in the western conference final
Want to bitch about something?
Bitch about being owned in the third
That’s the only thing I worry about in this game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad