Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Thought the game was pretty good overall. We need to find some ways to mix up our game plan a bit. Dallas clearly caught on in the 2nd and 3rd.

I don't like putting McDrai together. I don't think it really strengthens our first line that much and it makes our 2nd line a lot worse.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I liked a lot about how they played tonight. Felt like such a winnable game because of it. Just not capitalizing on any chances and then falling behind sucks.

Stu was fantastic and that's good to see again.

Not really upset. Just kinda stinks they couldn't keep up that first period energy while banging in a few, I guess.

On to game three.
We nearly won with our top 6 playing terribly. We have another gear.

Henrique in should be a good jolt. I’m guessing Foegle or McLeod are out.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
This isn't the first time knoblauch has made a stupid borderline re tarded pull. There's two minutes left in the game McDavid and Leon aren't on the ice and you pull the goalie whentl the line on the ice has been out for a minute this game is on him. He puts McDavid and Leon together for the entire third and did jack await until there last meaningful shift together. From leaving off Henrique because of pk reasons to giving McLeod as much rope as he did this game he makes stupid decisions routinely.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Disappointing third considering we played a pretty good 40 mins. Losing is one thing but that was a pretty feeble push in the third. Feels like every team comes up clutch in the last 10 minutes but we never do.

Also feels like when we actually get some bottom 6 contribution that the top 6 comes up empty.

Oilers have a distinct special teams advantage over Dallas. But it’s pretty obvious that the league isn’t going to turn this into a special teams series. Crooked league.

Oh well, we got the split and we are going back to Edmonton. We showed we can hang against Dallas. Skinner is giving us a chance. Just disappointing because we had a pretty good chance to go up 2-0. Now Dallas has life.

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
Oilers dominated the stars in the 1st but came out that period tied 1 - 1 then the stars were the better team for 2 periods. if the oilers go up 3 - 0 they win the game not before giving the fanbase another heart attack by letting dallas within 1.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Gotta give credit to Skinner. Haven't ever seen him battle like this. Unfortunately Kulak, Mr playoffs, decides to play like shit when the rest of the team bought in.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Need to come out flying and physical for game 3 back in front of what will be an absolutely wild atmosphere at home.

Reactions: capazzo and TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
It'll also be nice to have game 3 and 4 on real f***ing ice. That Dallas slurpee machine that burps out their ice must be leftover from Ledyard blowing a f***ing tire.

TLDR: Dallas ice is shit

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers were probably going, well we don’t want to be like Vegas…

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
They refuse to shoot. They refuse to get inside and only shots from the perimeter
Meh. Theres another team on ice and Dallas are not here by accident. Dallas got better every period and were shutting everything down. After first period we didn't have much.

Take the split considering Dallas hit post twice in OT before we got that OT goal.

This was never going to be anything but a long series. Not sure why posters figured Dallas were lousy or something after game 1.

2 games into this series our top players ain't getting much. Drai only with the PP goal and for the first time all playoffs held pointless ending his string at 13. yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad