London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Let’s admit. We will have a good team. Regardless of the questions about it we should compete!
And yet you'll say they suck from the beginning of the season until mid January, complain that Mark and Dale are washed up, and demand everyone on the team be traded for the top 22 players in the league.

Lather , rinse, repeat

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Finn Wilson is not starter material but could be a decent back up. Willmore has not shown he is worth an OA card. I’d run Medvedev/Wilson with a 80/20 split on starts. If 78 can’t cut it, go shopping in Nov/Dec for a goalie. I do think an OA card needs to go to Leonard, our D is going to be very good.
Dickinson / Bonk, Wooley / Leonard, Bruz / Spencer….and Spencer is clearly in the lineup for his size and to fight. Put Jenken in as a puck moving D, depending on the opponent.
I’d love to have 77 Mitchell in there somewhere but that becomes a massive trade chip. Hawery isn’t going anywhere. So if it’s true that Knights are kicking tires on Musty, package Mitchell with picks and make it happen, as much as that hurts, I truly believe 77 will be the excellent in this league.
Aboflan to me has done enough to earn a spot in the forwards. His physical play and skating will be valuable. Was hoping for more from Arrowsmith - after scoring 57 goals 33 assists in 61 games adding 118PIMs with the Cleveland Barons, I was hoping for more by now….he is only 17 but still.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
I wouldn't trade hawery or mitchell imo. I think we'd get burned by that trade for years. Anyone else can go. I agree the goaltending is a big question mark, might have to make a trade

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I wouldn't trade hawery or mitchell imo. I think we'd get burned by that trade for years. Anyone else can go. I agree the goaltending is a big question mark, might have to make a trade
If you want a big name player, might have to move a young guy though. And goalies will be available later for sure. I’d like to give Medvedev a chance at it first.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
If you want a big name player, might have to move a young guy though. And goalies will be available later for sure. I’d like to give Medvedev a chance at it first.
I'm willing to move young players.. just not mitchell or hawery as I feel we'd get burned the most by moving them.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Heard that knights are kicking tires on
quentin musty.
Would be a nice replacement for Cowan

Agreed he is going to be Bonk level maybe even better!
I don’t think I’m buying that the Knights are in on Quentin Musty until they know what they have and Mark rarely goes big fish hunting.

Rumours are fun though I guess… jeez.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Not sure what Owen Sound's plan for this season, if there were one player, if he's returned to OHL for another season, I'd really love to see in a Knights jersey is Colby Barlow. The kid impressed me his rookie season and it continued to this day, he's a finisher and a leader, and also can play Dale's style of hockey.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Not sure what Owen Sound's plan for this season, if there were one player, if he's returned to OHL for another season, I'd really love to see in a Knights jersey is Colby Barlow. The kid impressed me his rookie season and it continued to this day, he's a finisher and a leader, and also can play Dale's style of hockey.
Apparently there's a rumour that it's a done deal that he's going to oshawa. Just waiting until he gets send back from winnipeg. Not sure how tru that is but...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Apparently there's a rumour that it's a done deal that he's going to oshawa. Just waiting until he gets send back from winnipeg. Not sure how tru that is but...
Ah that's too bad.

- Remembering one day Mr. Wright was sure to come to London, ended up in Windsor, rumours are rumours

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Thought Johnston would be first to go..Hunters know what there doing. With his 5 goals in pre-season thought he might get a 3rd round pick. I think he was a bit weak on the defensive end of the rink.

Reactions: Otto

dino200022

Suprised we got what we did for him to be honest, his hot preseason must have built his stock up a little bit. At best he was a borderline 3rd liner on this squad and that is on a good day.

Based on how Max Pack and Grebyonkin have showed in Leafs camp I think we can expect Cowan back at some point earlier than expected. I think he still gets a few games in but they have found a few cheap contracts to play. Cowan coming back sticks Johnny back on the 4th line IMO.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I do not like this deal. He was ripping it up and looked truly ready to contribute even if he's an 05.
Casualty of the logjam maybe but there should be some spots available early in the season and over the world junior timeframe and potentially injuries.

hed be a heathy scratch once the season starts if the knights kept him.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

I do not like this deal. He was ripping it up and looked truly ready to contribute even if he's an 05.
Casualty of the logjam maybe but there should be some spots available early in the season and over the world junior timeframe and potentially injuries.
He was too old to be a 3rd liner unless you bring intangibles like physicality.

Mark and Dale are smart and know they need roster spots for Read, Bidgood, and Gerber so they can develop them for when Barkey, Cowan, Halttunen, Julien, and Sim are gone next year…..

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad