Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't think there's any way they'd put Danielson on a line without another legit center. Most likely he's getting stapled to Compher's side whenever he makes the team.
I know this will upset people but it is more likely to be Copp for the face off advantages. I expect Compher will do something similar with Kasper as well when he breaks in. But if you stagger then this way you should own a massive advantage in the dot where they always have the dominant backwards draw.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know this will upset people but it is more likely to be Copp for the face off advantages. I expect Compher will do something similar with Kasper as well when he breaks in. But if you stagger then this way you should own a massive advantage in the dot where they always have the dominant backwards draw.
Copp's career average is 51.7%, as is his Wings average. He had a good season as far as FO last season and Compher had a career worst year. The only way the kids improve FO is by doing it, Joey improve a lot last season.

Copp's FO abilities don't make up for his lack of offense, might as well let the kids learn how to take FOs. What I want to see this preseason is Nate lined up with a legit scoring winger (or two) so we can see where he's at on the offensive zone.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Copp's career average is 51.7%, as is his Wings average. He had a good season as far as FO last season and Compher had a career worst year. The only way the kids improve FO is by doing it, Joey improve a lot last season.

Copp's FO abilities don't make up for his lack of offense, might as well let the kids learn how to take FOs. What I want to see this preseason is Nate lined up with a legit scoring winger (or two) so we can see where he's at on the offensive zone.
I am talking about the handedness for the draw. Compher and Danielson are both right shot draws. Now if Ras is there you have the other side taken, but again then he takes minimum amounts and ideally Kane and Tank are split up in this world. The switching to dominant side is pretty popular around the league these days.

You also can tweak roles in zones while they continue to develop. The point was I saw the pre-planning as Copp with Danielson and Compher with Kasper. Now Copp core injury certainly seems to have changed that. But both players having extensive wing history as F1 forecheckers that also played heavy shutdown roles which seemed ideal for breaking in our younger centers.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I am talking about the handedness for the draw. Compher and Danielson are both right shot draws. Now if Ras is there you have the other side taken, but again then he takes minimum amounts and ideally Kane and Tank are split up in this world. The switching to dominant side is pretty popular around the league these days.

You also can tweak roles in zones while they continue to develop. The point was I saw the pre-planning as Copp with Danielson and Compher with Kasper. Now Copp core injury certainly seems to have changed that. But both players having extensive wing history as F1 forecheckers that also played heavy shutdown roles which seemed ideal for breaking in our younger centers.

If I'm bringing in a new center to be the future 2C, ideally I would want better wingers than Raz or Copp who are bottom 6 players. Joey got stapled to Gagner's hip when he entered the league, and now he looks like Sam V2.0.

I'm not sure how good they'll be in terms of scoring, but I'm not too concerned defensively with Nate or Marco. Need guys to teach them offense, not defense.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If I'm bringing in a new center to be the future 2C, ideally I would want better wingers than Raz or Copp who are bottom 6 players. Joey got stapled to Gagner's hip when he entered the league, and now he looks like Sam V2.0.

I'm not sure how good they'll be in terms of scoring, but I'm not too concerned defensively with Nate or Marco. Need guys to teach them offense, not defense.
I feel you have a good point here, because if my memory serves me right, Larkin originally was on Zetterberg's wing and that certainly seemed to help him.

Problem is, Wings can't put every prospect we have with our only truly good center Larkin.

Danielson and/or Kasper might have to find success another way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad