London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Parekh is an easy player to hate with his antics during the play and his constant whining. It was fun to see he was the guy Cowan chipped the puck by for the EN.

He has not shown up in big games and is clearly afraid of contact. I equate him to Ryan Ellis. He will fall in the draft to at least late round 1. No way he should be ranked higher than Dickinson.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Parekh is an easy player to hate with his antics during the play and his constant whining. It was fun to see he was the guy Cowan chipped the puck by for the EN.

He has not shown up in big games and is clearly afraid of contact. I equate him to Ryan Ellis. He will fall in the draft to at least late round 1. No way he should be ranked higher than Dickinson.
Ryan ellis??

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Why compare Parekh to Ryan Ellis, Ellis was well respected around the league by most players, Parekh is not. Windsor won because of Ryan Ellis, Saginaw loses because of Zayne Parekh

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I have to apologise to Parehk. He shouldna done what he done but that doesnt justify a grown man calling a kid names. I wish him health and good fortune and success..... just not against the Knights.

There, was having a crisis of concience. Averted.

Reactions: rve24

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Here is a league record, no one is talking about.

Kaleb Lawrence skated in 3 full games without the accustomed 5 game league suspension. He finally showed up against Saginaw, he had a strong game last night, it took him three games to get back into game form again.

Reactions: Ken Yates

knightfan

Nov 10, 2021
Cowboy in commenting on his GWG mentioned that "peanut sent me a h**l of a pass" and then with a huge smile immediately apologized and hesitatingly asked "am i allowed to say that ?" and didn't think twice about it after that

I'm being sarcastic

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

I'm hoping you meant Ryan Merkley because that fits a lot more

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
The play-by-play announcers are usually supplied with a sheet that shows how certain players' names are to be pronounced. Some are difficult to be sure ( Jack-eye ) comes to mind. Sometimes a name can be " simplified" to accomodate quicker and easier pronunciation. As a suggestion, maybe consideration should be given to simply shortening Parekh's surname to Prick. I'm sure the audience will easily comprehend who the subject is.:naughty::laugh::D

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The play-by-play announcers are usually supplied with a sheet that shows how certain players' names are to be pronounced. Some are difficult to be sure ( Jack-eye ) comes to mind. Sometimes a name can be " simplified" to accomodate quicker and easier pronunciation. As a suggestion, maybe consideration should be given to simply shortening Parekh's surname to Prick. I'm sure the audience will easily comprehend who the subject is.:naughty::laugh::D
Wondering if Sim would have been suspended 5 games by the league for using the word prick, instead of p..ssy :laugh:

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Speaking of name pronunciations, I wonder how did the RDS (French TSN) announcers pronounced Matthew Savoie's name? I remember that he wants to be pronounced as Sa-VOY, not Sa-VWA since it's the French pronunciation of the name. CHL on TSN host Julia Tocheri once mistakenly pronounced Savoie's name by the French pronunciation during a first intermission interview. At least she was able to correct the pronunciation of his name later on.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Speaking of name pronunciations, I wonder how did the RDS (French TSN) announcers pronounced Matthew Savoie's name? I remember that he wants to be pronounced as Sa-VOY, not Sa-VWA since it's the French pronunciation of the name. CHL on TSN host Julia Tocheri once mistakenly pronounced Savoie's name by the French pronunciation during a first intermission interview. At least she was able to correct the pronunciation of his name later on.
:laugh: Don't go there my friend! How do you suppose English TSN are pronouncing French& European names? Moi je le sais comment ils prononcent leurs noms! ;)

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Go back and watch video of Ellis in Windsor. He was NEVER the first player in the corner in his own zone.
I'm surprised at this take? He is considered by many to be one of the best that played in the OHL. 3 time world Juniors, 2 memorial Cup wins and another conference final. And watched him for years and he played a strong game in his own end. Has to be the first time I've heard that from anyone. Even Tavares said he found it hard to play against Ellis in the 09 series.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I'm surprised at this take? He is considered by many to be one of the best that played in the OHL. 3 time world Juniors, 2 memorial Cup wins and another conference final. And watched him for years and he played a strong game in his own end. Has to be the first time I've heard that from anyone. Even Tavares said he found it hard to play against Ellis in the 09 series.
Ellis was a great OHLer. Parekh is more a Merkley type. Big on offense but not much defense. Think of a midfielder in soccer with the diving skills of Mike Ribeiro.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
On a side note before Sundays big game. Let’s hope St. Louis Blues like what they see from Landon Sim to get him to sign an. ELC. Saturday is the deadline, and I think Sim has more to offer.

Deadline to sign 2022 NHL drafted prospects is June 1st. Fingers crossed!

He should be in our Top 6 next year for sure. And I could see him outting up Max McCue like numbers.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Ellis was a great OHLer. Parekh is more a Merkley type. Big on offense but not much defense. Think of a midfielder in soccer with the diving skills of Mike Ribeiro.
As much as I didn't like Ryan Ellis in the OHL (Only because he played for the wrong team!) he was a force in the OHL. Great shot, quarterbacked the PP, Good in his own end and an important cog on the Spits Glory Days teams . He had a very good NHL career too

Career NHL

GP

G

A

P

+/-
56676199275+116

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
As much as I didn't like Ryan Ellis in the OHL (Only because he played for the wrong team!) he was a force in the OHL. Great shot, quarterbacked the PP, Good in his own end and an important cog on the Spits Glory Days teams . He had a very good NHL career too

Career NHL

GP

G

A

P

+/-
56676199275+116

That +116 in the NHL is a fantastic stat. I know the Preds played a defensive style game for a good portion of his career but that VERY impressive.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
From a recent LFPress Article:

PAREKH EFFECT?: Did Saginaw defenceman Zayne Parekh deserve a major penalty for cross-checking London’s Max McCue in the face Wednesday?

It sure looked like it. Instead, the OHL’s top rearguard drew a double minor for high-sticking, while McCue ended up bleeding with some chipped teeth.

A major penalty, of course, would have meant a first-period ejection for Parekh. That would have sent the Spirit bench – and most of the crowd – into a frenzy.

Objectively, what Parekh did to McCue was worse than the cross-check to the neck London’s Kaleb Lawrence delivered to Parekh in the playoffs and Lawrence was suspended for five games.

Parekh has now committed 2 serious cross checks to the head without a suspension during the playoffs. Papa Hache still has his finger prints on Saginaw even though he apparently recused himself during the playoffs.

I hope Saginaw loses tonight so they don't even have a chance to win the Memorial Cup as backdoor entrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad