London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I doubt it'll confuse anything for Dale or the Knights lol.
Win or lose you play your game.

I'd love Saggy to roll 4 lines all game. Please please please.

And after how many head to head matchups this year vs.Saggy, 1000 NHL games, 900 plus OHL Ws he will let an opponents one game blow out confuse things for him after about 90 games with year with this squad? OK then. I'm sure he has,a feel for what gives his team the best chance .
They may not win, but it won't be because Dale was confused.
Maybe I didn't use the proper wording by using "confused", what I meant if Saginaw comes back with all 4 lines on Sunday, and Dale could be expecting 3 lines. He may have some severe adjustment to make to counter Saginaw for Sunday's game. One thing Dale has going for is he'll be the home team, and last change.

I predicted Lon/Sag round-robin loser between the two team will win the Memorial Cup. Let me say, this is a time that I truly wish I am wrong. One game takes all has not been very friendly to the Knights over their last 15 years, they are must win game, and they should not be played the same way as regular season or games of playoffs, but that is just me saying, Dale has other views, and he is a proven successful coach

I am cheering for the Knights all the way, fingers crossed. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: jamemcca

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I hate the "blow it dead" on the team with the lead behind the net. If you're going to trap and not pressure the play in the attempt to even the score the team with the lead should be able to stand there until the time ticks out. It should be on the team losing to try to get the puck.

Change my mind.
No arguement here. Completely agree.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
And this is where Dale has really evolved as a coach. A lot of his teams used to play the "counter attack" game and trap all day and rely on miscues from the other team. If fortunate and the other team potted a couple and went ahead, the Knights would have to open it up and get into unfamiliar territory relative to their standard game plan and would be susceptible to more GA. That was the book on London, score the first couple goals, be responsible with the puck, change their gameplan and exploit it (it still wasn't easily done mind you, but possible).

Now London plays uptempo, in your face, relentless, has the talent to get ahead more often than not, and once up by a few plays a strong tight defensive shell and challenges you to break through. Hunter has it figured out how to optimise win chances.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London must chase this OHL Championship out of their head, and last Wednesday's game as well. Today tomorrow and Sunday, they are not champions, and won't be until they beat Saginaw on Sunday's Memorial Cup final game. When it comes to one game takes all, it becomes a mind game too, it finds strength you didn't know you had, and its nerve wrecking as hell too. Go Knights Go !

Reactions: LDN

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I hate the "blow it dead" on the team with the lead behind the net. If you're going to trap and not pressure the play in the attempt to even the score the team with the lead should be able to stand there until the time ticks out. It should be on the team losing to try to get the puck.

Change my mind.

Why lol. The play didn't bug me as I posted.

But if you must have a counter ( not my opinion one way or the other) I ref'd basketball and at the time they force the offensive taam to gain centre in 10 seconds ( still a rule) and then they could hold the ball above the hash marks when ahead indefinitely. When behind they must not only cross centre in 10 secs but also the hash mark every 10 secs and now have a shot clock to force continuos action regardless who is winning.

Whatever the rules, you look to gain an advantage.
Can't remember, did it work out for the Rangers Murphy doing that? Don't remember honestly.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Why lol. The play didn't bug me as I posted.

But if you must have a counter ( not my opinion one way or the other) I ref'd basketball and at the time they force the offensive taam to gain centre in 10 seconds ( still a rule) and then they could hold the ball above the hash marks when ahead indefinitely. When behind they must not only cross centre in 10 secs but also the hash mark every 10 secs and now have a shot clock to force continuos action regardless who is winning.

Whatever the rules, you look to gain an advantage.
Can't remember, did it work out for the Rangers Murphy doing that? Don't remember honestly.
No. That was in the playoffs. London eliminated the Rangers that year.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Looks like it’s another battle against Saginaw for the final. Moose Jaw looks uninspired. I hope the boys play better than they did mid week. I would really love it if 13 showed up and scored a few in the final. The little things like taking his time skating to the bench etc just is annoying at this point in the season.
I would love to see Dale play the 3rd and 4th line a bit more to add the physicality, save more late game energy for the top lines too.
Don’t leave anything in the tank, let’s go boys! You got this!
Yeah, Julien needs to be better. Can’t tell if it’s effort or just his long strides but he looks disinterested sometimes. Hopefully Nicholl can get some shifts because he’s got stuff to offer. It’s going to be real tough winning yet again in their barn.

Reactions: crowncarrier

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, Julien needs to be better. Can’t tell if it’s effort or just his long strides but he looks disinterested sometimes. Hopefully Nicholl can get some shifts because he’s got stuff to offer. It’s going to be real tough winning yet again in their barn.
Julien looks disinterested?! What?! lol are we watching the same games?

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
19-2 is it since the start of rd1? Dominant performance and a treat to watch.
Team has played fantastic hockey last 2 months.
Be a shame to lose the last one. Both teams will be fired up.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Question: How many times do the Knights have to beat these guys?
Answer: One more time.

Personally I think the Knights have already shown that they are the better team. Finished first overall in the regular season, eliminated Saginaw from the playoffs and beat them again in the round robin. As rve24 points out, it would be a shame to lose the last one.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Anyone need ticket to the final? I have two, section U23, row U seats 5&6

$150 CAD per seat

• Wow

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Let’s face it London won l get that but we are the 2 best teams in the CHL It comes to one game anybody can win. JMO but the OHL champions is trump over MC.
The last game we played was min. and a half from going to OT. Other games have been close and probably so will this one. To say you’re leaps and bounds better is not true. Not here cause shit, good luck and Saginaw seems to be playing well, let’s enjoy one last matchup between 2 great teams

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Let’s face it London won l get that but we are the 2 best teams in the CHL It comes to one game anybody can win. JMO but the OHL champions is trump over MC.
The last game we played was min. and a half from going to OT. Other games have been close and probably so will this one. To say you’re leaps and bounds better is not true. Not here cause shit, good luck and Saginaw seems to be playing well, let’s enjoy one last matchup between 2 great teams
I think a good comparable is the Champions League title in European soccer. Winning your league gets you in but you don’t have to win your league to win the UCL. Would those fans not value a UCL title if they didn’t win their league too? No. Obviously they would like to win both. But getting one and not the other does not take away from the joy you got from whichever championship you won. A million dollars in bills is the same as a million dollars in Pennies even if it doesn’t seem that way. You want 2 mill but one isn’t anything to be ashamed about.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Anyone need ticket to the final? I have two, section U23, row U seats 5&6

$150 CAD per seat

Anyone need tickets to the final? I have two in section U23, row U, seats 5&6

$100 US per seat
Lol so which one is it. Posts are 5 mins apart in different subs as well

Edit: noticed the CAN and USA monies.
100 US is 136 and change Canadian. Better deal using Yankee monies.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022

Paid 1.394 yesterday at Royal Bank. But sure $140 rather than $150. I feel sorry that $10 changes your life or lifestyle. Tickets are sold to someone not so hung up on $10. Be happy.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and Metroid

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Just curious as to which referees will be assigned to the final game. As I see it, one ref should be from the Q and the other from the W. Being as the 2 finalists are both OHL, this would provide some genuine neutrality", if that's the image the CHL is presenting. :huh::popcorn::DD

Doing my best interpretation of Donald Trump here, so I can holler " it was FIXED!!!" should the Knights come up short. :nod::naughty:

Reactions: DWI Dale

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Has anyone been travelling over for games? Going to the game tomorrow and wondering how bluewater bridge has been, or if an alternate route is better?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Question: How many times do the Knights have to beat these guys?
Answer: One more time.

Personally I think the Knights have already shown that they are the better team. Finished first overall in the regular season, eliminated Saginaw from the playoffs and beat them again in the round robin. As rve24 points out, it would be a shame to lose the last one.
Agreed, personally LK has shown the to be the better squad. JMO, but no doubt when it's over a season, head to head reg. season and the PO head to head match up. One sided in terms of results.
Saggy is looking to say all that matters for nothing, cause we were better the last 60 minutes of a season.
LK has to take that personally and I think they will.
Saginaw looking to feel good about something.....LK looking to leave no doubt.
Should be fun to watch. Actually hoping for a close game.......with some animosity. But I doubt we get any shannanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad