London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
To those making the trip Sunday, drive safe, get there early to take it all in, enjoy it all n be loud.

I'm just guessing but I'll go with 20% LK fans.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Do is for McCue, do it for Abakar, do it for Klaw, do it for Simpson, do it for Dale, do it for Mark, do it for London

Go Knights Go

Win this thing!!!!

Reactions: Knights2729

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Saginaw is going to be a tough out in front of there home fans for sure. Let's face facts we are seeing clearly the two best Jr A Teams in the country go at it. Sorry Soo but I do believe both of these teams were just a notch above you guys but an argument could be made the three best teams were in the OHL West this year? GO KNIGHTS GO I totally agree the League Championship is tough to win BUT 2-3 years down the road they remember the Memorial Cup winner more often!

Sorry it's the fact Jack..... get er done boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

M21

Oct 10, 2021
Drummondville … QMJHL Champions
London … OHL Champions
Moose Jaw … WHL Champions
Memorial Cup … Tournament Champions

Not

Sorry internet issue.

Not the same. The format has to revert to champions only. You can’t be a “champion” by hosting a tournament of winners.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
London … OHL Champions

Not

Sorry internet issue.

Not the same. The format has to revert to champions only. You can’t be a “champion” by hosting a tournament of winners.
Maybe if the host team is in only because they are hosting the Memorial Cup, and they win should be called Host team tournament winner

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London … OHL Champions

Not

Sorry internet issue.

You beat the champions, all of them, yes you can be champion winners

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
London … OHL Champions

Not

Sorry internet issue.

Yet, tournaments happen all the time in all kinds of sports with teams that are not league champions. NCAA basketball makes billions off of it.

The host is in there because the host team guarantees the profit for the tournament. No host team, far fewer ticket sales, which means lower concession sales, lower merchandise sales and overall lower profit.

Just how exactly do you propose a 3 team tournament with no host would work. Keeping in mind that these are junior hockey teams, many of whom do not turn a profit or barely break even, and also, that the league wants a guarantee

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sting fan living on US side… regular border crosser
To the travelers crossing today, a live look at bridge approach traffic can be found at:

Sunday afternoon historically bad time to cross, with weekenders heading home in both directions. Give yourself an extra hour. Don’t be shy about getting to Saggy early, the pregame entertainment has been great all week.
Looking for a great game this evening.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Saginaw are prime to win this last game, as I previously predicted, unless:

You know teams are getting better by playing the best, gives them a goal to look at to achieve, London has defeated every one in its path, they have no one to look up to. Saginaw has played London 11 times this season, losing important games along the way, now they are close and ready for the big final show down. If the Knights want to take this big fat trophy back home with them, they'll need to be better prepared than any other times they've played Saginaw this season, because Saginaw will be ready for this game. Go Knights Go!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just curious as to which referees will be assigned to the final game. As I see it, one ref should be from the Q and the other from the W. Being as the 2 finalists are both OHL, this would provide some genuine neutrality", if that's the image the CHL is presenting. :huh::popcorn::DD

Doing my best interpretation of Donald Trump here, so I can holler " it was FIXED!!!" should the Knights come up short. :nod::naughty:
I’m thinking we’ll see to two OHL refs.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
IMG_9645.jpeg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
There used to be a time when defencemen were recognized for their defensive plays, not anymore, defencemen are getting awards for playing offence from a defensive position, and some are lousy defencemen too. So sad as I am thinking about George

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Any changes for tonight?
Doubt it. Run 3 lines n 4 D for the most part.
May see a line change or 2 on top 2 lines thru the game based on situations.
Focus should be when Saggy has control in ozone limiting/interupting the D swing down the walls to engage offensively n receive a pass. Gotta stay balanced in Dzone as a group.
Chances to score will be there on counters.
Gotta take time n space away from parekh n Dionicio n hope they force to much.
Sapovalev, Haight n Donovan to me are dangerous and good players to watch. All for different reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
There used to be a time when defencemen were recognized for their defensive plays, not anymore, defencemen are getting awards for playing offence from a defensive position, and some are lousy defencemen too. So sad as I am thinking about George
Darn tootin straight there. Doug Harvey, Bobby Orr , Brad Park etc etc were all great offensive Dmen but they WERE NOT defensive liabilities. Not saying Parekh is a liablity at this point, but unless there is a quantum adjustment, he will sure be one at the next level.

• Haha
Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Darn tootin straight there. Doug Harvey, Bobby Orr , Brad Park etc etc were all great offensive Dmen but they WERE NOT defensive liabilities. Not saying Parekh is a liablity at this point, but unless there is a quantum adjustment, he will sure be one at the next level.
Yup! Like I said, there used to be a time when defensive defencemen were recognized, not one listed above is one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad