London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
True. London hosted that year but didn’t have the assets to go all in to build an elite team. That’s an example of the city being the host team because of the building and financial guarantee.

It was expected that they’d lose to Guelph in the playoffs. And it was expected they’d be underwhelming in the tourney. They scored 4 goals total in the three games they played. .

It is what it is
The 2014 team were a much better team than what the final results showed, that was the reason of my post. Judging a team from a final result is easy for some, unfortunately. That team could have gone and done better, like this year's team final game could have done better, the 2014 team pretty much wasted their playoffs and Memorial Cup tourney.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
rinknet has the 50 man protected list, Ustinkov is listed as import draft eligible.
Oh wow - then that means we can draft 2 CHL import players assuming we are releasing Gazizov which makes sense.

Maybe it’s time to take another big swing and deaft Konsta Helenius. And by the very small chance that Halttunen is returned, they would tear up the OHL.

Then also draft an 07 with the second round pick.

Reactions: LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
i mean, it is a pipe dream list. Maybe London redrafts Ustinkov?
Sounds to me like they have another Euro in their sights. ..They could possibly redraft him if they dont get their man, but wouldnt you think his entourage might take exception? ... or... he has notified them he is staying put.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I was bored, so here is a pipe dream lineup for next season. I doubt we see all these guys back, but I didn't assume any trades involving players coming in, would have to move a guy like Gazizov if he is back, if Ustinkov was to come. I also wouldn't be completely shocked to see 1 of George or Edward back but again, a long shot.

Depending on Goaltending, I feel like this team with some tweaks is a potential championship team. 2 really deep scoring lines and great depth overall, with the back end looking really good as well.

Again, just having some fun and I know a guy like Hagens coming and Halttunen returning are a long shot. But would be fun to see!

Barkey - Cowan - Halttunen
Julien - O'Reilly - Hagens
Nicholl - Sim - Van Gorp
R. Boulton - Hawery - Arrowsmith

Dickinson - Bonk
Brzustewicz - Leonard
Ustinkov - Woolley

Extras - Van Bommel - Gerber- Jenken - Fagan - Mitchell - Gatto

Medvedev
Wilson
They'll still need to have a better showing in their final outing if they want to be champions, or it'll be same result

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Here’s a realistic view of the lineup….

Barkey - Julien - O’Rielly

Sim - Nichol - Van Gorp

Boulton - VanBommel - Arrowsmith

Gerber - Hawery - Mews

Dickinson - Wooley

Ustinkov - Brzustewicz

Jenkin - Fagan

Willmore

Medvedev

I would expect a trade to acquire someone into our top six.

I doubt we get Bonk and Cowan back. If we do somehow, that’s gravy. But I think we keep 4 OA’s at the beginning of the season until we find out which OA’s are more valuable.

Jackson Edward is a wildcard but could he be flipped for someone to go into top 6 if he didn’t stay in the ECHL? George is gone…. He would only come back if a team wanted him to grow his game into a #1 or 2 Defensemen. However he is still behind Dickinson and Bonk if he’s back….

Cowan. I think we all know what his situation is, and Halttunen proved he’s a man amongst boys in the playoffs so it’s time to go play with men in the AHL.
I think Bonk will be back and Cowen might as well but late fall after they stretch out the 9 games.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Bonk is not ready for the NHL. He is more of a long term prospect. Doubt Philly would rush him, so I expect him back.

Cowan, doubtful he’ll be back.

Interesting London cut ties with Ustnikov. Hopefully that means they have bigger fish lined up for the import draft. But It could simply mean he has given a clear indication he doesn’t want to play in the OHL/CHL.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
london released Ustinkov
What!!!!!!!!! Where did you hear that??

Sounds to me like they have another Euro in their sights. ..They could possibly redraft him if they dont get their man, but wouldnt you think his entourage might take exception? ... or... he has notified them he is staying put.
Hey, maybe the Hunters have found a way to keep Kasper one more year. Wouldn't that be fantastic.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle
Are you sure about that in todays world?

If jamemcca say so ! The missing 2020 data can not confirm anything close to a shoulda, woulda and coulda. Cheers !
If you read the bottom line it was sarcasm. If you want to yap about posting bull shit one can write a god damned novel on what you write

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
i mean, it is a pipe dream list. Maybe London redrafts Ustinkov?
To be fair, the Knights have a deep defense core. Even with George gone, the team needs to fit in Fagan and Jenkin and Brzustewicz into solidified roles for the upcoming season. Maybe that’s why they felt ok with releasing Ustinkov.

Dickinson - Bonk
Wooley - Brzustewicz
Jenkin - Fagan

Still need to fit in Edward and Leonard but if both we somehow back, one of them would be traded.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
To be fair, the Knights have a deep defense core. Even with George gone, the team needs to fit in Fagan and Jenkin and Brzustewicz into solidified roles for the upcoming season. Maybe that’s why they felt ok with releasing Ustinkov.

Dickinson - Bonk
Wooley - Brzustewicz
Jenkin - Fagan

Still need to fit in Edward and Leonard but if both we somehow back, one of them would be traded.
Isn’t Edward signed?

How’s the Hunter/Bryan Crawford connection?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Are you sure about that in todays world?

If you read the bottom line it was sarcasm. If you want to yap about posting bull shit one can write a god damned novel on what you write
Glad you've noticed my writing, 🤣, perhaps you can make some sense why I do write so many controversial subjects. You see, the more I write, the more there is for respondents to criticized about, and I love every bit of it. Just imagine how boring would it be if we'd all agree on everything, what would we talk about, the weather! Cheer up buddy, I do read your comments and do agree with many of them ;) !

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Oh wow - then that means we can draft 2 CHL import players assuming we are releasing Gazizov which makes sense.

Maybe it’s time to take another big swing and deaft Konsta Helenius. And by the very small chance that Halttunen is returned, they would tear up the OHL.

Then also draft an 07 with the second round pick.
dont have to release gazizov, hes an overage and goes on a protected list.

Dickinson - Bonk
Wooley - Brzustewicz
Jenkin - Fagan

great top 2 but lots of questions after that, its light years different from this year.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015

great top 2 but lots of questions after that, its light years different from this year.
They'll likely break up the first pair for the first 2 or 3 months, put Bunk with Woolley and Dickinson with Brzustewicz, Leonard, who was playing his best hockey before his injury, can break in the rookies on the third pair for a while before moving on up to second pair later. Defense will be fine

Reactions: tjziel

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
They'll likely break up the first pair for the first 2 or 3 months, put Bunk with Woolley and Dickinson with Brzustewicz, Leonard, who was playing his best hockey before his injury, can break in the rookies on the third pair. Defense will be fine
sure but you cant keep all your 04s. i dont argue its a decent group, but the poster was presenting it like its the same as this year, not even close.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
sure but you cant keep all your 04s. i dont argue its a decent group, but the poster was presenting it like its the same as this year, not even close.
At the start of the next season, no comparison to this year's season end, but nearing the end of next season they could be, the possibility is there. They can do a lot with the 04s with trades

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Defense will be as good as last year, forward group could be better depending on who fills the euro spots and steps up internally.

Few questions outstanding but NHL draft is the next big calendar date

Reactions: Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

I’m just expecting big sophomore jumps from Brzustewicz and Woolley. That’s why I think we will be fine.

Reactions: Fastpace

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I’m just expecting big sophomore jumps from Brzustewicz and Woolley. That’s why I think we will be fine.
Yup. Those two will develop just fine. But how to replace George? Apart from the 2 or 3 brain farts a game he was the ultimate shut down guy. I suppose Sam could take over that role and more.

Im of the opinion you cannot have too much defense.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yup. Those two will develop just fine. But how to replace George? Apart from the 2 or 3 brain farts a game he was the ultimate shut down guy. I suppose Sam could take over that role and more.

Im of the opinion you cannot have too much defense.
asking both woolley and Brzustewicz to play top 4, when they barely played, is hard. they averaged 10 and 9 minutes last year and im sure it was not high pressure minutes.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
asking both woolley and Brzustewicz to play top 4, when they barely played, is hard. they averaged 10 and 9 minutes last year and im sure it was not high pressure minutes.
From what I saw both are more than capable and Fagan Jenkin will push them hard for minutes. Defense is fine

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Cowan getting an honorable mention in this article, being potentially pencilled in on the 3rd line with Tavares and McMann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad