London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Parekh was hurt at the combine but still wanted to compete. Celebrini I saw on a few of the top 25 things
Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that Parekh's hurting(s) seems to hurt him more than any other players with similar hurts :nod:, I am positive scouts have noticed it as well

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I am still bitter about London's last outing, you can not take your very last game of the season the very same way you have token all regular season games, for the very simple reason, your opponent is not going to take it like a regular season game, your opponent is not going to cooperate with your mind set. London could have won it in 2012-2014-2017-2019 and 2024, yes I put down 2014 and 2019, as for in 2014 they had a better team then Saginaw had this year then and in 2019 they had a 3-0 lead in games against Guelph, their game 4 and 5 approached were determining factors in that series. I am bitter because it was so predictable to me how their last game was going to be played, they almost lost it in 2016 as well

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I am still bitter about London's last outing, you can not take your very last game of the season the very same way you have token all regular season games, for the very simple reason, your opponent is not going to take it like a regular season game, your opponent is not going to cooperate with your mind set. London could have won it in 2012-2014-2017-2019 and 2024, yes I put down 2014 and 2019, as for in 2014 they had a better team then Saginaw had this year then and in 2019 they had a 3-0 lead in games against Guelph, their game 4 and 5 approached were determining factors in that series. I am bitter because it was so predictable to me how their last game was going to be played, they almost lost it in 2016 as well
Could have won in 2020 as well if season wasn’t shut down

Coulda woulda shoulda

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Parehk didn't take part in this cry baby whining about playing to much to do this

Parehk isn't hurt! Listen to 31 thoughts? He sat out because he felt he played to much hockey in recent months.
No I don't listen to 31 thoughts but I know it wasnt a reply to me :).........
but he only played 5 games in the last month before the combine, no?
Oh well no big deal if he does or doesn't to me. Just an odd excuse for me.
Did any1 from the other 3 teams who participated in the Memorial Cup and didnt get the extra couple weeks off in the POs attend and participate?
I'd have more respect or belief is probly a better word if his camp just said they don't want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Parehk didn't take part in this cry baby whining about playing to much to do this

Parehk isn't hurt! Listen to 31 thoughts? He sat out because he felt he played to much hockey in recent months.
I saw an article about him a few days ago that’s why I made that comment. If that’s the actual reason then that is bullshit lol. Dickinson and others played more and still showed out.

The combine shouldn’t weigh much draft stock though. Wright did really well in it and fell to #4. Bennett couldnt do a pull up his draft year now he’s out muscling the other teams in the NHL as a 6’1 guy. Bedard and Celebrini didn’t do well in it and are still unanimous #1 choices. IMO let the players show their stuff on the ice where it matters most.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005

Parekh is currently ranked above Dickinson. I am willing to bet $$$ that Dickinson is drafted way ahead of Parekh. Parekh will fall to 2nd half of 1st round. Teams won't want to draft a D that doesn't actually play D and flops around like a fish on the ice every night.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Parekh is currently ranked above Dickinson. I am willing to bet $$$ that Dickinson is drafted way ahead of Parekh. Parekh will fall to 2nd half of 1st round. Teams won't want to draft a D that doesn't actually play D and flops around like a fish on the ice every night.
Have heard from various NHL amateur scouts on multiple podcasts that they went into the tournament having Parekh ranked ahead of Dickinson and came away from the tourney having Dickinson ranked ahead of Parekh.

Based on that and based on what I’ve seen of both players this year, I’d be surprised if Parekh is taken ahead of Dickinson.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Have heard from various NHL amateur scouts on multiple podcasts that they went into the tournament having Parekh ranked ahead of Dickinson and came away from the tourney having Dickinson ranked ahead of Parekh.

Based on that and based on what I’ve seen of both players this year, I’d be surprised if Parekh is taken ahead of Dickinson.
One thing is Parekh has potential to be a legit Karlsson/Makar type…. Dickinson is more Ekblad or Pieterangelo (spelling)

Reactions: All the Answers

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

They are both supremely talented players. Both are going to be top 10 picks. Who goes before who is whatever.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

I'm sorry, but omit 2014. The 2014 Storm were a juggernaut and the team to beat all year. They won each round in 5 games, including the series against London. It doesn't matter if the 2014 Knights were better than the 2024 Spirit... they weren't better than the 2014 Storm.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I'm sorry, but omit 2014. The 2014 Storm were a juggernaut and the team to beat all year. They won each round in 5 games, including the series against London. It doesn't matter if the 2014 Knights were better than the 2024 Spirit... they weren't better than the 2014 Storm.
True. London hosted that year but didn’t have the assets to go all in to build an elite team. That’s an example of the city being the host team because of the building and financial guarantee.

It was expected that they’d lose to Guelph in the playoffs. And it was expected they’d be underwhelming in the tourney. They scored 4 goals total in the three games they played. .

It is what it is

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
I saw an article about him a few days ago that’s why I made that comment. If that’s the actual reason then that is bullshit lol. Dickinson and others played more and still showed out.

The combine shouldn’t weigh much draft stock though. Wright did really well in it and fell to #4. Bennett couldnt do a pull up his draft year now he’s out muscling the other teams in the NHL as a 6’1 guy. Bedard and Celebrini didn’t do well in it and are still unanimous #1 choices. IMO let the players show their stuff on the ice where it matters most.
Players typically wont loose draft stock through the combine, however they can greatly improve it. EJ Emery & Stion Solberg were both ranked in the 25-40 range prior to the combine. Now they are mentioned around the top 20 mark. Just look at Cowan last year.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Players typically wont loose draft stock through the combine, however they can greatly improve it. EJ Emery & Stion Solberg were both ranked in the 25-40 range prior to the combine. Now they are mentioned around the top 20 mark. Just look at Cowan last year.
So if someone is doing way worse than a few people in their position, you don’t think that comes into consideration?

I’m not a fan of the combine but I understand why they do it.

Reactions: Fastpace

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I was bored, so here is a pipe dream lineup for next season. I doubt we see all these guys back, but I didn't assume any trades involving players coming in, would have to move a guy like Gazizov if he is back, if Ustinkov was to come. I also wouldn't be completely shocked to see 1 of George or Edward back but again, a long shot.

Depending on Goaltending, I feel like this team with some tweaks is a potential championship team. 2 really deep scoring lines and great depth overall, with the back end looking really good as well.

Again, just having some fun and I know a guy like Hagens coming and Halttunen returning are a long shot. But would be fun to see!

Barkey - Cowan - Halttunen
Julien - O'Reilly - Hagens
Nicholl - Sim - Van Gorp
R. Boulton - Hawery - Arrowsmith

Dickinson - Bonk
Brzustewicz - Leonard
Ustinkov - Woolley

Extras - Van Bommel - Gerber- Jenken - Fagan - Mitchell - Gatto

Medvedev
Wilson

Reactions: LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I was bored, so here is a pipe dream lineup for next season. I doubt we see all these guys back, but I didn't assume any trades involving players coming in, would have to move a guy like Gazizov if he is back, if Ustinkov was to come. I also wouldn't be completely shocked to see 1 of George or Edward back but again, a long shot.

Depending on Goaltending, I feel like this team with some tweaks is a potential championship team. 2 really deep scoring lines and great depth overall, with the back end looking really good as well.

Again, just having some fun and I know a guy like Hagens coming and Halttunen returning are a long shot. But would be fun to see!

Nicholl - Sim - Van Gorp

Dickinson - Bonk
Brzustewicz - Leonard
Ustinkov - Woolley

Medvedev
Wilson
Here’s a realistic view of the lineup….

Barkey - Julien - O’Rielly

Sim - Nichol - Van Gorp

Boulton - VanBommel - Arrowsmith

Gerber - Hawery - Mews

Dickinson - Wooley

Ustinkov - Brzustewicz

Jenkin - Fagan

Willmore

Medvedev

I would expect a trade to acquire someone into our top six.

I doubt we get Bonk and Cowan back. If we do somehow, that’s gravy. But I think we keep 4 OA’s at the beginning of the season until we find out which OA’s are more valuable.

Jackson Edward is a wildcard but could he be flipped for someone to go into top 6 if he didn’t stay in the ECHL? George is gone…. He would only come back if a team wanted him to grow his game into a #1 or 2 Defensemen. However he is still behind Dickinson and Bonk if he’s back….

Cowan. I think we all know what his situation is, and Halttunen proved he’s a man amongst boys in the playoffs so it’s time to go play with men in the AHL.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Nicholl - Sim - Van Gorp

Dickinson - Bonk
Brzustewicz - Leonard
Ustinkov - Woolley

Medvedev
Wilson
london released Ustinkov

• Wow

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
One thing is Parekh has potential to be a legit Karlsson/Makar type…. Dickinson is more Ekblad or Pieterangelo (spelling)
He could be a Karlson type player (hes defensively challenged as well) but a llooonnnggg way from Makar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad