London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Well look at this, we have a new Commissioner for OHL, and he'not one of the family, he's not even from the hockey world either, nice! Got high hope for this young man, a former Toronto Argonauts running back Bryan Crawford, if he's given free rein, it might be the best long awaited man to lead this league out of a deep scar. Lets welcome this young man. I am liking what I am reading of him.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
A friend asked me this question the other day, so I did a bit of research and I believe it to be true. But I will post it here and see if anyone else thinks differently, or maybe just finds it interesting.
Is Anthony Stolarz, the first former Knights goalie to play in the Stanley Cup Final?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
A friend asked me this question the other day, so I did a bit of research and I believe it to be true. But I will post it here and see if anyone else thinks differently, or maybe just finds it interesting.
Is Anthony Stolarz, the first former Knights goalie to play in the Stanley Cup Final?
That is correct. Pat Riggin Gilles Gilbert and Daniel Bouchard, all had long NHL careers and best chances, unfortunately none of them ever made it to NHL finals

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
God this thread can get eerily quiet in the offseason lol.

Just going over some of the GOJHL prospects in the pipeline, we should see a few make an impact this season ala Nichol and O’Reilly route.

Current rostered players to watch:
Fwds:
Van Bommel
Van Gorp
Johnston

D:
Woolley
Fagan
Jenken

G:Medvedev

GOJHL prospects that could make the team:

Fwds:
Arrowsmith
Bidgood
Gerber

D:

G:
Gatto

We should be looking to fill with these 11 players 3F, 3D, 2G

Reactions: LDN

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
God this thread can get eerily quiet in the offseason lol.

Just going over some of the GOJHL prospects in the pipeline, we should see a few make an impact this season ala Nichol and O’Reilly route.

Current rostered players to watch:
Fwds:
Van Bommel
Van Gorp
Johnston

D:
Woolley
Fagan
Jenken

G:Medvedev

GOJHL prospects that could make the team:

Fwds:
Arrowsmith
Bidgood
Gerber

D:

G:
Gatto

We should be looking to fill with these 11 players 3F, 3D, 2G
So barring any surprises ( there will be some.. )

The G and D seem pretty straight forward the forwards get a little tougher.
I can see them finding a bigger role for Johnston elsewhere. I would think Gerber is likely the leader to fill one of those spots and I see Van Gorp as part of the team the others??? I guess thats why I'm a fan :naughty:

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Forwards are definitely the question mark… we have a solid 6 in:

Barkey O’Reilly Nichol
(Julien/Sim OA) Import Cowan

I’m sure this year we add a top six and recoup some assets in giving a few kids development time elsewhere. Imagine what a return a guy like Edward’s would get you?

Cupboards are full, lots of young prospects, lots of 18/19 elite veterans, all kinds of championship experience and leader character.

Can’t wait for the import draft!

Reactions: sbpointer

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Absolute waste of a pick if that's true. At least trade his rights then but that's now the 2nd year in a row that the hunters blew a 1st rounder on a player who had other options, with them not reporting. They need to play it safe in the 1st round

Reactions: TheCoach

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Absolute waste of a pick if that's true. At least trade his rights then but that's now the 2nd year in a row that the hunters blew a 1st rounder on a player who had other options, with them not reporting. They need to play it safe in the 1st round
Where the Knights pick in the first round they might as well take a big swing it's not like they are passing on a Sam Dickinson to take that chance.
A few misses are no big deal they manage the assets and figure it out..

Reactions: rve24

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Why are people worrying about Hawery? Does the last 24 years mean nothing to you people? So they took a shot at Moore and missed. They did that with Werenski. And Vlasic. And Brady Tkachuk. Etc. It happens. Call me crazy, but I think Dale and Mark and the staff know what they’re doing. Yes, I’d like a few more Memorial Cup championships but it’s a weird tournament. Most fans are lucky to see one championship. We’ve seen two. Plus five OHL championships. Cripes.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Why are people worrying about Hawery? Does the last 24 years mean nothing to you people? So they took a shot at Moore and missed. They did that with Werenski. And Vlasic. And Brady Tkachuk. Etc. It happens. Call me crazy, but I think Dale and Mark and the staff know what they’re doing. Yes, I’d like a few more Memorial Cup championships but it’s a weird tournament. Most fans are lucky to see one championship. We’ve seen two. Plus five OHL championships. Cripes.
Thanks for being realistic lol

If you take a chance on players every year. Not every year they will come. Lots of years you have gotten players that said no to the teams that draft them or want them.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I wonder if this could happen… no sources but just a thought. I have always liked Easton Wainrights game. He’s a gritty drive to the net kind of power forward despite his 5’10 size. Kinda reminds me of a Sandiis Vilmanis 2.0. Whereas Sim is a pain in the butt player with a bit of skills.

Would a trade involving Landon Sim for Wainwright be cool to unify the Sim brothers and finish his career where his father played?

Reactions: LDN

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2